• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

HTIP - Home Theater In Progress

Damn, and I thought my projector's image was badass!!! :handgestures-thumbup: That's a mighty fine JVC you have there... :eek:bscene-drinkingcheers:

The 250 is just plain awesome. Super PQ and totally silent. I'm not exaggerating when I say that it has totally exceeded my high expectations.

Oh... Since Batman's post moved us to a new page, if your not inclined to look back at the end of the last page for the photos of the projector image (you should, they're good) here's one more. I didn't crop this one because I'm lazy. The reflection from the sub is almost unnoticeable when your sitting down. The red light from the Mackies, not so much. I'm thinking about putting a tiny piece of black tape over the power lights on the front three speakers. But I haven't yet... because I'm lazy.

projector-6.jpg

Now that's what I'm talking about! I just don't have the room in this house for a PJ. Next house....

T7, I noticed an IR emitter on the 885, doesn't it have an IR input on the back? Or is it simply the lack of the right cable and plenty of emitters lying around?

Batman said:
T7, I noticed an IR emitter on the 885, doesn't it have an IR input on the back? Or is it simply the lack of the right cable and plenty of emitters lying around?

Thanks for noticing! At least someone is looking at the pictures. To be honest I didn't think about the IR input on the back of the 885 but... I don't have the double male required and have plenty of flashers.

Dayum!!!! That's looking REEEEEEEEEEAAALLY GOOD!!! I can't wait to see that room for myself.

BTW, regarding the emitter, if you decide to use the wire to the back be sure and use a mono cable. I wish more gear came equipped that way because if it's a cleaner look and you don't have to worry about finding the eyes and having blasters fall off.

John

I guess I have a couple of comments.......................

Holy Shit that is amazing................

and what the others said..................

U SUCK!!

Towen7 said:

can you go into a little detail on how you hung the PJ? How did you run wires/electrical? I'm considering a PJ in my room, but I don't have attic access and not sure how I'd run wires/electrical at all.

Came out amazing! CONGRATS!!

Another reason I wont ever post a pic of my VERY modest system....lol.

Wow! :shock:

That room turned out amazing! Great job Towen! :eusa-clap: :handgestures-thumbup:

jamhead said:
can you go into a little detail on how you hung the PJ? How did you run wires/electrical? I'm considering a PJ in my room, but I don't have attic access and not sure how I'd run wires/electrical at all.

I got really, really lucky.

The back wall is covered by built in cabinets. My initial plan was to mount the pj on the cabinets somehow. That wouldn't work for several reasons. Plan 2 was run the wires from the rack, horizontally through the base cabinet, up the right wall (as you look at the cabinet), and across the ceiling. The lucky thing was that there just happened to be a verticle chase for the ac ducts an wiring to go between floors behind that wall. That made running the wire super easy. Another lucky strike was that I have access to the space above the ceiling from my attic.

To mount the pj I poked a small hole through the ceiling sheetrock and located it in the attic to make sure I wasnt too close to a joist before drilling the 2" hole for the support pipe. Then I attached a 1 1/2" pipe flange to a piece of 3/4" plywood with a 2" hole in it, passed the support pipe through the hole in the ceiling, screwed it to the flange, and bolted the plywood across the top of two ceiling joists. The power and HDMI cables went through the pipe. Viola. I didn't think to take photographs but I can if anyone thinks it'll add value.

Now... If there is no ceiling access you can mount the pj on a shelf on the rear wall like Jeff Macwood (assuming it's not too far from the screen to be a problem). Another option would be to use plastic conduits, or even metal ones like Batman did.

Actually I ran two cables from the rack to the pj. The HDMI cable from the pre/pro and a power cord that plugs into the UPS in the rack. I only bothered with running the power cable from the UPS because it was so easy. If running the power cord had been any hassel I would have used an outlet in the attic.

Towen7 said:
Actually I ran two cables from the rack to the pj. The HDMI cable from the pre/pro and a power cord that plugs into the UPS in the rack. I only bothered with running the power cable from the UPS because it was so easy. If running the power cord had been any hassel I would have used an outlet in the attic.

Thank you for the info. Towen...you definitely had it easier than I (i have no access behind the wall the PJ would be if it were on a shelf and no access to the ceiling above it).

However, isn't running your power cord through the attic against code?

jamhead said:
Towen7 said:
However, isn't running your power cord through the attic against code?

Probably.
The next time there is a code enforcement inspector in my attic I'll try to distract him so he doesn't notice.

Towen7 said:
Probably.
The next time there is a code enforcement inspector in my attic I'll try to distract him so he doesn't notice.

Did you connect it to an extension cord, or did you buy another long run IEC power cord?

Back