• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Joe Bonamassa

heeman said:
To cheer you up......go listen to the Yes Song New Language that I just posted........ :angelic-green:
No thanks. I gave up taking music recommendations from you after that God-awful Pat Travers disc you made me buy. :puke-huge:

Zing said:
heeman said:
To cheer you up......go listen to the Yes Song New Language that I just posted........ :angelic-green:
No thanks. I gave up taking music recommendations from you after that God-awful Pat Travers disc you made me buy. :puke-huge:

Aawwww. Poor heeman!
I LIKED the Pat Travers cd you made me buy!!

Zing said:
heeman said:

I have not heard it or purchased it yet, so if you hate it that bad I will take it off of your hands.

That CD BTW, is NOT a representation of his music, it is covers of 1920's ish blues.

You said you liked Squatchit, so you will love the Yes Song that I just posted. Open you mind and live life to the fullest!!!! :laughing-rolling: :teasing-tease: :handgestures-thumbup:

Zing said:
Why oh WHY has no one mentioned that Beth Hart has a few guest performances on this disc?!?!?

beaconbluray-1.jpg

So ordered!

And I'll be watching Beth's performances by 1:00pm this Friday!

I didn't think you could get past the fact that Joe's in there too... :eek:bscene-birdiedoublered: On the plus side, the PQ on this one is a lot better than the Royal Albert Hall vid.

Yeah, I agree, Beth's awesome. They do my favorite song - I'll Take Care Of You - off of their Don't Explain album.

John Hiatt's got some excellent guest spots, I'm becoming a big fan of his (just got his latest album, also produced by Kevin Shirley, Joe's long-time producer/recorder). OTOH, I could completely live without Paul Rodgers' appearance on this one.

You didn't hear it from me, but Zing doesn't really dislike Bonamassa as much as he pretends....

BONAMASSA RULES!!!!!!!!!!!
I LOVE THIS GUY'S MUSIC. SO GLAD I WAS INTRODUCED TO HIS WONDERFULNESS!

I feel for Bonamassa as I feel for Bose. There's nothing wrong with either, really... It's their fans that drive me crazy.

Ah T7, that's just so wrong on so many levels...

Towen7 said:
I feel for Bonamassa as I feel for Bose. There's nothing wrong with either, really... It's their fans that drive me crazy.

I'm happy to be your designated driver!'
You're welcome.
:laughing-rolling:

My take is this more about busting PaulyT's as then dissing Bonamassa.......

This is a great concert and great musicianship!!!

:music-rockout: :music-rockout: :music-rockout:

PaulyT said:
I could completely live without Paul Rodgers' appearance on this one.
At least he's not wearing leather pants and a tank top like he did in the Bad Comany BD I have.

What has been seen cannot be unseen. :scared-eek:

Don't get me wrong, I love Joe Satriani, it's that Bossanova dude that really sticks in my craw.

Rope

Black Country Communion's third album - Afterglow - is coming out at the end of the month. But it looks like this group may be at its end... here's an interesting and pretty candid interview with Joe:

:text-link:

Unfortunate, however not surprised............

We will have to wait to see what unfolds next with these guys!

Isn't Glenn old enough to be Joe's dad???

Definitely. I can kinda understand Glenn's frustration, he's had a late-career boost with this band and wants to promote it as much as possible, mainly by touring. But Joe's solo career is on the upswing and that's his major focus right now. Plus Joe's just a touring maniac, hundreds of shows a year for the past 15 years. Regardless of what you think of his music/playing, you gotta admit he works his ass off for it.

I have been following Glenn since his Deep Purple days anf just love his music.

Joe is just a new talent to me and extremely a great musician, never knocked him......

Great bands have split over the years due to ego's and other business type of issues. If they are done, they are done. That would be unfortunate for the fans!

Been listening to Afterglow in the past few days, I like it. I'm not sure yet if I like it more than "2" but the jury's still out. It has a certain coherency to it as an album, probably because Hughes did the majority of the writing. It's not quite as "hard" rock as the previous two, it has a somewhat slower vibe to it, but deeper musically. I think it could certainly grow on me. Some great drumming in here by Bonham, IMHO. The band is overall even more together, I feel.

Joe is in St. LOuis on the 3rd. It kinda looked like I was gonna get an invite and scam a ticket but apparently not. I am bummed.

CMonster said:
So Paul, you flying into KC for tomorrow night's Joe B concert?

Ha, I wish. He's actually going to be in DC later this month, but because it's over Thanksgiving weekend, I won't be able to make it. He'll be in Baltimore in May, I will be going then. (I have four tickets to two shows and two meet-and-greets to use...)

Back