• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Joe Bonamassa

Available for order now:

vienna-bray.jpg

Released March 26.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nL7WY5rI6HQ[/youtube]

Woo-hoo! Just got these in yesterday's mail (which I just opened now). This will be my reward once this last f-ing presentation is done :banana-dance: :banana-dance:

vienna-cd.jpg

vienna-bray.jpg

Presentation done... fuck it it's Friday, I'm taking off early. Time to rock! :music-rockout:

Ok I'm not gonna say much about this because you all will just say "PaulyT is going Joe Bananas again"... but I'll give you my favorite quote from the behind the scenes stuff on this disc (which in a way is my favorite part). Joe says, in the context of this being a 100% acoustic show: "I'm trepidatious a little bit, because a lot of this is going to rely on me as a singer, and it's gonna rely on the songs... and... uhh... we've never really relied on that before."

This is also the first time I've ever seen a nyckelharpa:

Nyckelharpa_built_by_fredrik_soderstrom.jpg

No, this is not your normal blues rock show.

PaulyT said:
Ok I'm not gonna say much about this because you all will just say "PaulyT is going Joe Bananas again"... but I'll give you my favorite quote from the behind the scenes stuff on this disc (which in a way is my favorite part). Joe says, in the context of this being a 100% acoustic show: "I'm trepidatious a little bit, because a lot of this is going to rely on me as a singer, and it's gonna rely on the songs... and... uhh... we've never really relied on that before."

Now who the heck would ever say that!? I mean in some societies and cultural milieu, such a male-male fixation (even without the use of phallic fruit) is considered perfectly normal, natural, and healthy. I mean even though "behind the scenes" might be construed differently (I can think of at least three plays on words that would fit - err make that four) I think it's great that taking the position (make that five) that this is your "favorite part" is way brave of you PaulyT. You go, bro!

JeffMackwood said:
I mean even though "behind the scenes" might be construed differently (I can think of at least three plays on words that would fit - err make that four)
And that's before you throw in "Bonamassa"... :eusa-whistle:

C'mon, Huey . . . Joe not cool!

You don't seriously think he has any difficlty gettin' laid, do you?

A cat that can play guitar like that . . . and all those hundreds of ladies
at the shows ..... ~ Not cool! - ?
--------- :happy-smileygiantred:

vienna-bray.jpg

Watching this on Palladia right now, have added it to the Bluray list.
But, I'm really pissed at some of the editing; this is the first time I've ever seen that nyckellharpa/bowed hurdi-gurdi thing, and every time it has a solo the video focuses in on other members of the band (so far). :angry-cussingblack:

Botch said:
vienna-bray.jpg

But, I'm really pissed at some of the editing; this is the first time I've ever seen that nyckellharpa/bowed hurdi-gurdi thing, and every time it has a solo the video focuses in on other members of the band (so far). :angry-cussingblack:
Cripes! Not you too Botch!

Yet another that needs deprogramming.

Oh the horrors!

Jeff

Botch said:

Yeah, they don't show it a heck of a lot, and he plays a mandola at times too, and he seems to be the least filmed member of the band, dunno why, if it was just lack of camera angles or editor's bias or what. There's at least one song - Athens to Athens - where each member has an extended solo, and they do a good job of showing the nyckelharpa at least on that one. He also shows and describes it more in the "making of" video.

Overall the PQ on this one is acceptable but not anything outstanding. SQ is quite good though, no complaints there.

JeffMackwood said:
PaulyT said:

Now who the heck would ever say that!? I mean in some societies and cultural milieu, such a male-male fixation (even without the use of phallic fruit) is considered perfectly normal, natural, and healthy. I mean even though "behind the scenes" might be construed differently (I can think of at least three plays on words that would fit - err make that four) I think it's great that taking the position (make that five) that this is your "favorite part" is way brave of you PaulyT. You go, bro!
:laughing-lettersrofl: :laughing-rolling:

JeffMackwood said:
Botch said:
vienna-bray.jpg

Cripes! Not you too Botch!

Yet another that needs deprogramming.

Oh the horrors!

Jeff

At the risk of having to be deprogrammed (good luck with that).

I just played the first 3 songs and this is PFG stuff! :music-rockout:

I'm also happy that there are a few more concert type BD's coming out. My store had both the DVD and the BD for $20.

Even without a 1080P TV, I think the audio is a lot better in this format.

Glad you like it, Bob. Yeah it's good material, I've been listening to it on CD (mainly in the car) a lot lately. IMHO it helps to be familiar with the "regular" versions of these songs, all (or very nearly) of which are present on his various solo albums. Some have much the same spirit and feel, others are COMPLETELY different.

Just secured permission to bring my kids along to the meet-and-greet before Joe's Baltimore show next month. Gotta start early on the next generation of fans! :laughing: But really, the kids are thrilled at getting to meet someone "famous" (by their standards anyway).

The show's tonight! Getting ready to leave for the meet-and-greet in a few minutes. Took some time to re-familiarize myself with the use of my camera. :laughing: I have a photo pass so I can bring the good camera.

Back