• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Joe Bonamassa

Yesterday I got to see some video of Joe's "Tour De Force" filmed at four different venues in London.

The man impresses me every time I hear him play.
His stage presence is a little quirky, but as a musician is up there with the best of the bluesmen out there.

^--- Topper, you'd probably like the Shepherd's Bush video best of that set, it's blues night.

PaulyT said:
Available for pre-order...

bhjb-liabraydvd.jpg
It comes out in two days.

Can't wait.

Can't get enough of Beth Hart!

Jeff

:)

Something not everyone may know about Joe Bonamassa . . . .

Like Jonny Lang, at age 13 he was quite accomplished; and within only a few years they were touring with some pretty big-name bands.

[ Jonny with Muddy Waters, Joe with B B King ]

JeffMackwood said:
PaulyT said:

bhjb-liabraydvd.jpg

Can't wait.

Jeff

Damn I wish this had come in time to watch in John's HT. Just watched it this evening, and it's a hell of a show. Beth's in top form, really giving everything she's got, and she's the star of this show. Joe's playing is different from when he's the front man, I think he's not as mentally distracted as when he's got to be the leader, and it gives a different feel; fewer and shorter solos, but when he's in the spotlight, he's pouring in every shred of musicianship he can muster. It's a larger band than Joe's usual, with a rhythm guitar and a three-piece horn section - which adds a lot. Great SQ and PQ.

Most of the music is from Joe and Beth's two albums together, though they throw in a few new songs. As usual, they put in a bunch of behind-the-scenes stuff in the bonus/extras of the video, am going through that now.

Anyway, this concert does not disappoint.

m4tUAYo6f1s4xYYfjKNx8kA.jpg

Enjoying this!

Although Beth is a bit too masculine for my taste, I put that aside & enjoy her incredible musical talents.

Not a huge fan of Joe, but what a passionate guitar player. So talented.

Overall, nice on so many levels!

Yeah, Beth is more of a man than Michal Buble. :teasing-neener:

Well, Michael and Beth are both prettier than this guy:

blondie_8788.jpg

Every time they showed him on stage, I had to look away. Damn! That is one unattractive dude! The first time I saw him, my immediate thought was 'This must be Lou Reed's father.'

:laughing: Yeah he's a bit odd. There's a similar reaction to hearing him talk in the interviews, he sounds a bit out of it. But he - Blondie Chaplin - has played with some greats, including Beach Boys and Rolling Stones.

PaulyT said:
JeffMackwood said:
PaulyT said:

bhjb-liabraydvd.jpg

Can't wait.

Jeff

Damn I wish this had come in time to watch in John's HT. Just watched it this evening, and it's a hell of a show. Beth's in top form, really giving everything she's got, and she's the star of this show. Joe's playing is different from when he's the front man, I think he's not as mentally distracted as when he's got to be the leader, and it gives a different feel; fewer and shorter solos, but when he's in the spotlight, he's pouring in every shred of musicianship he can muster. It's a larger band than Joe's usual, with a rhythm guitar and a three-piece horn section - which adds a lot. Great SQ and PQ.

Most of the music is from Joe and Beth's two albums together, though they throw in a few new songs. As usual, they put in a bunch of behind-the-scenes stuff in the bonus/extras of the video, am going through that now.

Anyway, this concert does not disappoint.

Picked it up today at lunch, will be checking it out tonight!

:music-rockout: :music-rockout:

^ Great Show! :bow-blue: :bow-blue:

The video quality was great along with a great sound mix utilizing the surrounds.

:music-rockout: :music-rockout:

Ok I've been trying to quell my enthusiasm for Joe in order to spare all of you, but I keep returning to this one...

1385319716_joebnmss_tourdeforce2.jpg

Hey. Nobody has bailed after my incessant Roman Angelo talk. I think you and Joe are safe.

Ha! Not quite the same thing... since I am not, I'm ashamed to admit, entirely responsible for Joe's talent and success.

Guess who I get to go see tonight? :music-rockout:

We're also going to the meet & greet before the show. I got some nice metal prints I hope to have him autograph, two of the pics I took of him 1.5yrs ago, last time he was here in Baltimore:

_DSC2116-XL.jpg

and

_DSC1941-XL.jpg

I didn't get a photo pass this time because they've kinda cracked down on what they let photographers do anymore... But we're allowed "point & shoot" cameras - and nobody knows my Fuji is better than any other little dinky camera. :eusa-whistle: But I'll have to stay in my seat, of course.

Back