• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Joe Bonamassa

^- fuck you, that's all

Dropping off the kids after the meet and greet, we got pics with the whole band! The others were standing around the tour busses right outside and we got to chat with them a bit, it was really cool! I have pics but gotta run back for the dinner group and then the show.

Great show. Joe and the band were doing a lot of interesting things, musically, especially some extended versions of a few songs where they completely took it to a different place. Some really good music tonight. Joe said he was a little sick and sorta hopped up on cold medicine. :laughing: They all seemed to be having a good time and I think if anything there was even more interaction amongst the band members in this show than the last one I went to. Especially with the current tour keyboardist, Arlan, who's the same guy on the Vienna Acoustic vid/cd.

Yeah I took close to 700 pics but I was playing with some exposure bracketing because with those bright spotlights it's so hard to get it right... dunno, maybe they'll all suck but I'll be happy if I get 50 decent ones. They are also A LOT more restrictive on what they let photographers do now; last time I could go right up to the stage, this time I could only go a couple of rows further up than where I was sitting. I still think my favorites are those of my wife&kids with the three other band members outside on the sidewalk, and getting to meet and chat with them, more even than seeing Joe, really made the night for us.

We had pretty good seats, 6th row on the right side of the center orchestra section, no complaints there; since we got these tickets as part of a package deal we had no idea beforehand where we'd be sitting. Sound was very good, I thought.

Anyway, a great evening for all of us.

6th row for any small venue is just great!

Sounds like you had a great time, looking forward to seeing the pic's, maybe some developed on metal like the fireworks we saw last year at Bats.................................?

If I get a good enough pic, I might do that, good idea! And it wasn't that small a venue, the Hipppodrome, not sure what the capacity is but I think it's around 2300. And it was 100% sold out, a good crowd, and not too many obnoxious and/or drunk people. :laughing: So yeah not a stadium, but not a smaller club either. We were probably ~30' from the stage, close enough that a lot of the pics I took were from my seat.

PaulyT said:
...I took close to 700 pics... ...but I'll be happy if I get 50 decent ones.
I think that would be a really good yield. That's 7%. If I took 700 shots, I'd be lucky if 7 were good.

As much as I enjoy taking pictures of Joe, these three are far and away my favorite shots of the whole evening. Great big thanks to Arlan, Carmine, and Tal!

My wife and daughters with the band...

_DSC1601-XL.jpg

_DSC1600-XL.jpg

_DSC1599-XL.jpg

Ok, pics are up, finally finished processing and tagging and uploading... 177 total, but only a handful were what I considered really good:

:text-link:

If you want to see all of them, just click on the "Joe Bonamassa 2013" link at the top.

Here's my favorites of the favorites:

_DSC1941-X2.jpg

_DSC2116-XL.jpg

I see $$$ signs for some of these................get goin' photoboy!!!

Excellent!!

Ha, I wish. In order to get a photo pass for his shows, I have to sign an agreement that I'll send his management all the photos, and I'm not allowed to sell them myself.

Pretty cool Crossroads guitar duet with Joe and Warren Haynes from NY a couple nights ago...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtYsfF7zlkA[/youtube]

A fun version of Athens to Athens from the Baltimore show; they opened with a set of 5 acoustic songs. This is my favorite from the Vienna video as well.

Arlan does some really interesting things on the piano here, even though the video never shows him at all... he was on the right side of the drums.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntgSNe9iEwk[/youtube]

Paul - do you receive the Musician's Friend catalog/magazine?

The July issue has an article about Joe and George Benson. While it pains me deeply to endorse and encourage your bromance, I can't help but feel compelled to offer to send you the magazine if you'd like.

:laughing: No I haven't seen that... if it's a free thing I can just order it from the MF site.

Interesting, seems keyboardist Derek Sherinian has joined Joe's solo touring band:

:text-link:

Maybe I'll get to see Sherinian next time Joe's in my area, that'd be cool.

Um, "solo touring band"???

I've always wanted to try Derek's unique keyboard setup:

sherinian1.jpg

I have viewed this thread a few times, it is my time to comment.

I have watched Joe Bonamassa several times. Not too bad on the guitar. He is Italian, not going there!

I will say I respect Pauly & that he loves Joe period! Although I am not a fan, I appreciate Joe's talent. Plus, he loves Beth Hart. A bonus for him!

Enjoy Pauly! Always enjoy the music that is close to your heart!!!!! ;)

Botch said:
Um, "solo touring band"???

Well as opposed to his efforts in other lineups, like Black Country Communion - which Sherinian was also part of, though that band's kaput now.

Back