• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Joe Bonamassa

Y'all don't get it. Y'all mock, scorn... but you don't get it. Just... that's ok, I don't mind anymore.

PaulyT said:
Y'all don't get it. Y'all mock, scorn... but you don't get it. Just... that's ok, I don't mind anymore.
Well... now that that's settled...

It's ok. Go ahead and say what you want. I understand now that it's a deeply personal thing, and it's ok if you want to mock and deride Joe. Please go ahead. I get that he's not for everyone and my response is individual, not corporate. And it's all good.

Prior to your previous post, no one has posted anything in this thread since August. So, unless I've missed something, I have no idea where this defensive attitude is stemming from. Perhaps you're just in an irritable mood tonight. If that's the case, may I recommend...

Vagisil.jpg

:teasing-tease:

Quite the opposite. It's a reaction to everyone deriding what I have to say about Joe, constantly, over the past few years. And I realized tonight that my reaction to his musicianship is very personal, and I don't expect anyone else at all to understand, and that's ok. That's what music is all about, what touches us individually and deeply, and it's different for everyone.

And I'm not even saying that Joe's the absolute best ever, for me or anyone else. He has his own style that works for some and not others. Just that I have a deeper insight into what he's all about now (after watching these four Tour de Force videos), at least in my own mind, and that what I hear touches me emotionally. And that's just me, and not anyone else here (as far as I know), and that I'm ok with that.

So please, go ahead and say what you will about me and my appreciation of Joe's playing. I'm not going to defend it or be offended by your responses anymore, it just is what it is.

Hey Pauly,
I don't post on this thread much, hell I don't post much period, but I will say this. Joe B is a BADASS the guy is an amazing talent and even though I don't listen to him much I will always be a fan. Hell, if you remember correctly a couple of bourbons and Joe doing Midnight Blues was what made me decide to get divorced. LMAO A DECISION I HAVE NEVER REGRETTED.

I feel the same way about the Screamin Cheetah Wheelies you do about Joe. They may be my favorite band. I remember when we went to Nachville and hooked up with Yesfan for an SCW show, we had a great time, but I could tell he wasn't the fan I was. That's OK though, cuz I merely like Yes and never even considered changing my name to Yesfantoo. LOL

Hang in their brother it's all good. Keep rockin out to Joe and doin your damn thing. AND SHIT!!!

PaulyT said:
Quite the opposite. It's a reaction to everyone deriding what I have to say about Joe, constantly, over the past few years. And I realized tonight that my reaction to his musicianship is very personal, and I don't expect anyone else at all to understand, and that's ok. That's what music is all about, what touches us individually and deeply, and it's different for everyone.

And I'm not even saying that Joe's the absolute best ever, for me or anyone else. He has his own style that works for some and not others. Just that I have a deeper insight into what he's all about now (after watching these four Tour de Force videos), at least in my own mind, and that what I hear touches me emotionally. And that's just me, and not anyone else here (as far as I know), and that I'm ok with that.

So please, go ahead and say what you will about me and my appreciation of Joe's playing. I'm not going to defend it or be offended by your responses anymore, it just is what it is.

PaulyT,

I can totally relate and appreciate how and what you feel about Joe.

The point made above about how someone's music can effect us emotionally and deep down to our soul is just so true!

Some people will never get it, nor understand it, and they are missing out!

Through the years I have been there....................

Carry On Brother!! :music-rockout: :music-rockout:

BTW, Joe is one of the most accomplished guitarist of all time..........well that is my opinion anyway!!!!!!

There are many others as well..................glad you get that something special from him, and I don't mean that in a gay way at all!

heeman

:music-rockout: :music-rockout:

There are many others as well..................glad you get that something special from him, and I don't mean that in a gay way at all!

Not that there is anything wrong with that. LOL

Keep posting about Joe B, Pauly.

How else will I know which of the four new DVD concerts to buy?

I ain't springing for all of them. :scared-eek:

(Ignore the naysayers)

:laughing: Yeah 4 videos at once was a bit of Joe overload even for me... I'll break it down, in order:

Borderline - small club (200 people), tiny stage, with only bass and drums (not part of his normal touring band, but people he's recorded with). Up close and personal. More older style british blues (goes back to Joe's early solo days where he toured with a trio).

Shepherd's bush - somewhat larger venue, Joe's touring band along with a brass trio (sax, trombone, trumpet). Also on the blues side, but more later style blues.

Hammersmith Apollo - a classic rock venue, so the show was definitely more geared towards rock. Guest vocalist and percussionist.

Royal Albert - a mix of everything, including all artists from the previous three shows, an opening acoustic set. Joe plays some "famous" guitars owned by Gary Moore and Rory Gallagher, two of Joe's major musical influences.

^ Yesterday I stumbled on Palladia in the afternoon and they were doing a Joe B. marathon.

Beacon Theater, Vienna Acoustic and then a compilation of songs from the Tour De Force.........
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joe Bonamassa: Tour De Force - Live In London

SATURDAY, 10/26 at 9p -- Earlier this year guitar superstar Joe Bonamassa took the stage at four iconic London venues for four epic concerts. From the intimate club environment of The Borderline to the prestigious Royal Albert Hall, each individual evening was marked by a unique theme with different set lists, arrangements, and ensembles. This 90 minute special presents viewers with a selection of songs from each of those performances.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Listened to Beacon Theater while out on the patio doing stuff and grilling. Watched most of the other 2.

Very good stuff, many, many hours of Joe....... :music-rockout: :music-rockout:

12 Noon Sunday.....Right Now..................This is on again!

Joe Bonamassa: Tour De Force - Live In London

SATURDAY, 10/26 at 9p -- Earlier this year guitar superstar Joe Bonamassa took the stage at four iconic London venues for four epic concerts. From the intimate club environment of The Borderline to the prestigious Royal Albert Hall, each individual evening was marked by a unique theme with different set lists, arrangements, and ensembles. This 90 minute special presents viewers with a selection of songs from each of those performances.

I may have posted shit about Joe B before but I'm watching Tour de Force on Palladia right now and it's really fucking good.

Just purchased the Bloodline album. I'm enjoying it!! Joe was a monster rocker even at 15!
How did I hear about Bloodline. Well you may not have asked, but I have to brag and answer. Lol. I was playing some video of Bonamassa (Royal Albert Hall) for my father-in-law today. My hubby had to leave partly through the viewing to go meet a long-time buddy. The hubby was talking about Bonamassa and his friend said "I have some video footage of you mixing him in Bloodline back in 1994"! Lol. My hubby didn't even remember. Dang. I guess I should have been a groupie on all my husband's jobs!

Anywho, turns out their one and only album is pretty pleasing to my ears.

Ha, that's great! Yeah I've got Bloodline, the playing is really good, you can tell these boys all have talent (as they should considering their lineages), but the music/songwriting itself is (IMHO) quite dreadful. :laughing:

Are you kidding me!?!?!?!? :laughing:

I have the album (I've posted about it somewhere, I think) and the BD concert just showed up a day or two ago - haven't watched it yet.

rock-candy-funk-party-takes-new-york-700w.jpg

Ok just finished watching this. And while I'm posting it here for continuity, this is really NOT a Joe Bonamassa video. Yeah he's there, and he plays well, but he's part of the band, not front-and-center, as he himself says in the documentary part of the video.

This is fun music. I admit I'm a little too white-bread, a bit too much of a child of classical music, to really fully "get" this music, I think. But I enjoy it. It's got a rhythm, a groove to it that is just toe-tapping fun. The SQ is excellent. It's a live recording (well, they actually did six shows over 3 days, and selected from that), but the SQ is as good as any studio album IMHO. And there's a lot going on, six people up on a small stage, and you can hear them all cleanly.

This is a band. There's no one star of this show. Personally, the one that "spoke" to me most was the keyboardist, Renato Neto. He was a lot of fun to watch, really great playing, a lot of variety in sound and doing some very interesting things, musically, IMHO. And Tal, the drummer - who also tours with Joe - seems more at home in this setting than he does in a blues rock band. Joe's good; I won't say fantastic here, because he's so far out of his musical norm, but I greatly admire his willingness to stretch himself musically, and publicly. His solos are cool but just a little too... legato, I guess, for this style of music. He doesn't quite have the syncopated funk that's needed here, and that's really the key word for this band.

Anyway, I'd say this music isn't for everyone, but it's well worth a listen/watch.

Back