• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Joe Bonamassa

Live from Nowhere in Particular is what hooked me.

Excellent! We just finished watching Joe's new Beacon Theater concert, at least heeman and I were impressed, dunno about any of the others who wandered in and out... hummerdude and CMonster were in here for a while. Actually, I did like this concert more on a second hearing, not sure exactly why. It's got a different feel to it; in Royal Albert, Joe's like the little boy who's thinking "Holy Shit! This is the Royal Albert Fucking Hall!" (to quote Adele :laughing:) But in the Beacon concert, he's more "ok I'm a professional and this is what I do." A different sort of energy. Beth Hart was awesome.

Beth Hart can fucking WAIL!!! I love her latest stuff with Bonamassa. Not so much her previous stuff though.

Uncle Ted and Joe........

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cp9j4Dr8DLY[/youtube]

Cool. Too bad it's so short.

So who's pre-ordered Joe's new album? (besides me of course :laughing:) Preorders are shipping out next week, I believe...

51odEtiTNhL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I'll get it when it's out. Never saw the reason for pre ordering. Do you get a discount? Not like it's going to sell out in one day or anything. Saw Joe at the Grove of Anaheim February of last year. It was fantastic to say the least.

I preorder mainly because his store usually ships it out a week or so before the general release (e.g. amazon), that's the only reason.

And I have 4 tickets for 2 shows with meet&greet passes to use at some point (got them with a lithograph package deal), will probably go to his show in DC in November.

Well I was gonna ask No-L to be a surrogate... up for it, No-L? I'll ask Joe about it next time I see him.

LOL!!
Surrogate WHAT?
Mother - HELL NO!!!! Not even for Bonamassa!
Surrogate backup singer/guitar polisher? I'M YOUR GIRL!

No-L said:
...backup singer...

What's with your incessant acceptance/desire to be a background singer?

No-L, you've got the chops to be front and center, lead vocal material. I don't know why you don't see that. :angry-tappingfoot:

Well if Bonamassa wanted to back me, I'd let him!

:angelic-green:

Seriously though - I sincerely thank you for and cherish the praise! A huge part of me LOVES harmonizing, almost more than singing solo. Singing background vocals is SO satisfying to my ear and soul. And it feels so natural and easy for me to follow and complement another singer. I'm good at it and I love it!!

Joe is in Providence on May 22nd.

A few nights ago, I tried to score a ticket at the PPAC website and couldn't get my order in before the 90 second timer went off and I had to start all over again. So, I decided to wait untill I was a little more ...... Sober to try it again.

Then I get the word that My father is having laser eye surgery on the same date. I need to be in Boston.

So, another time perhaps.

btw 1: I love Beth Hart and have for years. Ever since "Screaming for my
Suppa" I've collected everything I can get my hands on.

btw 2: Heeman. I did like the Heart 30th anniversary concert. A little bit too much documentry chat between songs for my taste. It got better when they played the Dreamboat Annie LP straight through.

And she’s wild as eagles,
She’s as sweet as honeysuckle,
Her life’s flowing like a mountain stream.
And she takes me somewhere,
And it’s good to be there,
And she pulls me into her bright golden wing.

~ Mountain Time

Back