• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Most honest 3.5 minutes in HBO history

Srvy said:
Bush is gone he wont be running again what has he got to do with this election? Obama has done nothing in 3.5 years his only campaign strategy is to run on class warfare thats it zilch he has got nothing.

Sad thing is the Repukes cant bring up a candidate that hits home with the public this should be a landslide but instead there running neck and neck in the polls. Myself im not sold on Romney but anyone but Obama so thats my vote im sure. As much as id like to write in or vote for a 3rd party I will not because that hurts chances to get this failure out of office.

It seems you pondered as to why Obama was elected. Zing gave you an answer that is what Bush has to do with it.

Why is it that he R's won't even whisper Bush's name? Perhaps because they don't want us to remember how things worked out the last time they were in control.

Srvy said:
-B- said:
So you think the mind of a venture capitalist is what we need? He's a profit guy, a business man and I'm sure his path to politics had more to do with favorable connections and hands on in the type of legislature that can benefit his people than it did with being a leader and one concerned about the little man. I've seen nothing from him to convince me he's anything more than he appears to be. Pandering to southern states with that "I like grits" shit, he's faker than half the tits in Orange County. I don't want our global image to be that of him, we have enough problems. If he was a D then srvy would probably hate every hair on his head and lie from his mouth. Obama is not perfect, but I don't think his intentions are of anything but good. This government doesn't work, he's not to blame.....one man can only do so much.

:roll: Typical

yup...it's kinda like your "Obama Sucks and everything is his fault" stance. If you think he's the problem then you certainly aren't looking at it subjectively.

Far as I get, Romney's first order of business is to undo everything the previous regime has done....that's an awesome leap forward there. I don't care who sits in what seat, partisan government and special interest still exist. Until those two things are repaired then it's business as usual.

I'd be happy to vote R if they produced anything other than also rans and, well...Romney.

mzpro5 said:
Why is it that he R's won't even whisper Bush's name? Perhaps because they don't want us to remember how things worked out the last time they were in control.

hence the reason they don't want to win this one as they didn't want to win the last one, so they can say look what they did. That's progress for you. Too concerned with party image, not concerned with everyone else.

mzpro5 said:
Srvy said:
Bush is gone he wont be running again what has he got to do with this election? Obama has done nothing in 3.5 years his only campaign strategy is to run on class warfare thats it zilch he has got nothing.

Sad thing is the Repukes cant bring up a candidate that hits home with the public this should be a landslide but instead there running neck and neck in the polls. Myself im not sold on Romney but anyone but Obama so thats my vote im sure. As much as id like to write in or vote for a 3rd party I will not because that hurts chances to get this failure out of office.

It seems you pondered as to why Obama was elected. Zing gave you an answer that is what Bush has to do with it.

Why is it that he R's won't even whisper Bush's name? Perhaps because they don't want us to remember how things worked out the last time they were in control

Well that pretty much happens in all elections even if the ex pres went out popular. Noting new there.

Srvy said:
mzpro5 said:
Srvy said:

Why is it that he R's won't even whisper Bush's name? Perhaps because they don't want us to remember how things worked out the last time they were in control

Well that pretty much happens in all elections even if the ex pres went out popular. Noting new there.

Not quite. Reagan is still invoked as to a lesser degree is Clinton. FDR was a iconic D reference for years.

Fact no one wants to remember one useless war, one mismanaged war, the beginning of the erosion of our freedoms in the name of an amorphous enemy and the financial collapse that was the swan song of his tenure.

Rope said:
Guess it's the lessor of two evils?
That's what it is, what is always has been and likely what it always will be. You never get to vote for the best guy. You're forced to choose between a supreme bullshit artist and a slightly less skilled bullshit artist.

In my opinion, the only thing worse than a politician is a real estate agent. And that's only because we need elected officials. It's just a horrible irony than only politicians run for elected offices.

I think it is interesting that so many people believe that anyone who makes lots of money cannot and will not ever to anything for anyone else unless it ensures they make more money. Apparently if you manage to become wealthy you will never have sympathy or care about anyone else.

Zing said:
It's just a horrible irony than only politicians run for elected offices.
I misspoke. Other types of people do indeed run for office. They just don't ever seem to win their election.

[/quote]

Well that pretty much happens in all elections even if the ex pres went out popular. Noting new there.[/quote]

Not quite. Reagan is still invoked as to a lesser degree is Clinton. FDR was a iconic D reference for years.

Fact no one wants to remember one useless war, one mismanaged war, the beginning of the erosion of our freedoms in the name of an amorphous enemy and the financial collapse that was the swan song of his tenure.[/quote]

Now both Clinton and Reagon are revered but when they left office they were both unpopular and pretty much ignored during campaigns. I believe if I remember right Clinton didnt even get anything but a bit part in the Dems convention.

Srvy said:
Now both Clinton and Reagon are revered but when they left office they were both unpopular and pretty much ignored during campaigns. I believe if I remember right Clinton didnt even get anything but a bit part in the Dems convention.

Seems like we have a different memory of Clinton at the 2000 convention. A 40 minute speech interrupted numerous times by thunderous applause.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4B17VkjkKM[/youtube]

Oh and i did state if I remember right. I was thinking that convention of course was about Kerry but also a Introduction to Hillary who wanted to disassociate from her husband If im wrong my apologies im going by memory not google or searching on youtube.

In front of a Grand Jury: " I did not have sexual relations with that woman."

I'm thinking a manditory ethics course be taught and passed by all elected, and appointed government officials. However, as is with the new healthcare mandate, I vote that congress, in all their glory, and the president, in all his glory, be exempted from ethics of any kind. (This also encompasses insider trading, raises when they see fit, and health insurance that would make a CEO green with envy.)

Srvy said:
Oh and i did state if I remember right. I was thinking that convention of course was about Kerry but also a Introduction to Hillary who wanted to disassociate from her husband If im wrong my apologies im going by memory not google or searching on youtube.

You are a bit confused as at the 2000 election Gore was nominated not Kerry. There may have been some distance between Clinton and Gore but that was due to Bill's indiscretions and Gore not wanting to be tainted not because the majority of D's didn't like Clinton.

mzpro5 said:
Srvy said:

You are a bit confused as at the 2000 election Gore was nominated not Kerry. There may have been some distance between Clinton and Gore but that was due to Bill's indiscretions and Gore not wanting to be tainted not because the majority of D's didn't like Clinton.

Right Gore forgot about him but he was forgettable.

I will say this Romney does not have my vote yet he has yet to even put a plan out there for getting America back on track but thats not unusual. He has stated he will strike down Obama Care day one in office so that seals him to an alternative plan that has yet to materialize. Till I hear that im skeptical and I think the SCOTUS ruling sealed that fate very hard to overturn. But if it is just a Tax levied buy Congress I suppose it can be repealed. Actually isn't Obama care Modeled after Romney plan for Mass? Much to learned about this fellow so no he wont get my vote yet I only know O wont.

Leave Gore out of this. He was much too busy inventing the internet.

Rope

I'm not ashamed to say that I miss Bush after the last few years. He may not have been the most graceful President, but at least he wasn't a camera whore. Cheney was the one you couldn't trust, and probably had more to do with us getting into Iraq than Bush did.

As far as Clinton, I'm more pissed that 30 million dollars of our money was spent to find out whether he got a hummer or not. Other than cheating on his wife, which is a big thing, the only other thing he did was utter the sexual relations line. He should have said it is nobody's business but him and his wife's as to what happened.

Back