• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Most honest 3.5 minutes in HBO history

You know Srvy, a lot happened before 1956! Just because you don't remember it, doesn't mean it didn't happen. There was probably more of a threat from airplanes dropping bombs as they could fly under the radar.

I'm not sure why we continue to argue the points here with you. You obviously have your mind made up, all of the problems of the world solved, and know exactly what to do next.

Srvy said:
Missiles and and multiple warheads what am I missing here I know full well there were drills before Kennedy and the 60s. Missiles made it different with bombers there was a failsafe time to shut it off with missiles no warning making the pushing of the button a point of no return.

I also know what the Cuban Crisis was about parking Missiles so close to our coastline even though we had them pointed right at the USSR from Europe. And Submarines right around the corner able to hide along our coastline and deliver there payload. Kennedy knew this that's what made his game of chicken so dangerous.

You don't have to be polite Im a big boy I been called many things your opinion of me means nothing to me this is the internet. I dont go off to wiki or google read a brief outline then come back 20 minutes later as a full blown historian. I was born in 1956 im speaking of my memories as a child.

I do owe you a bit of an apology as after reflection I realize you were concentrating more on the missile race which was primarily in the 60's,

But the idea that there was not a clear, serious nuclear threat in the 50's is incorrect. And though it was fiction I am sure you have seen the movie Fail Safe which demonstrated calling those planes back may not have been as simple as thought.

I was born in 1951 and am also thinking back to my childhood memories. And regarding checking with Google - I do refer to the interwebs but I also have a degree in history, I taught history for a while and thru the years it has been a passion. I don't know all the specific facts on all historical topics but I do have a good idea of the general flow of incidents and ideas. When I see something that doesn't seem right I do check on the interwebs and refresh my mind with specifics. I feel it doesn't hurt to have some facts to back you up.

Back