• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

My gentle giant is silent (Heeman might shed a tear...)

I'm wondering what the warranty is; possibly 5 years? If it can't be repaired, then I'm going to examine all possible options. One reason I'm sure this amp is expensive is because of all the features in it.

John

Oh, it's got built-in PEQ. Well, in that case... fixing may be cheaper than replacing but if it's more than 5 y.o., I personally would go for swapping the amp with a new OEM one.

I did some poking around w/ a multi-meter today. The connectors for the main power board have power, which simply means the jack, switch, and wires are OK. However, the connectors "leaving" that board do not have power. Given the congestion of that board, tracing it down is going to be difficult if not impossible.

Does anyone know how long the warranty is from SVS?

John

Not really. The amp is dead and still laying on top of my media cabinet by the window awaiting me to reinstall it (should do that this weekend). I've got to rebuild the "stash" over the next few weeks so I can replace the amp.

John

Did you contact SVS?

Even though out of warranty.....you never know. Maybe they'll repair for the price of shipping.

Worth a shot.

Yeah, I've been in touch w/ them throughout this. They have been great and told me the price to replace the amp is $399.

John

Well did you hear that? We did. Our friends who came over did. Most of our neighbors probably did. The beast is no longer silent!! WOOHOO!!

John

:text-bravo:

Good, 'cause otherwise I probably woulda cancelled my travel plans. :eek:bscene-buttred:

Excellent !!! :scared-eek:

Just a few days................. :eek:bscene-drinkingcheers:

I think that we all agreed that the SVS had a much more accurate sound. It also seemed to pressurize the room much better than the stacked XV-15's.

We did notice however that with the XV-15's calibrated with the RS SPL Meter, the bass was almost lacking and almost not heard on some material. So, we cranked up the gain on the back of each sub and WHAT DO YOU KNOW, they became alive and sounded very, very good.

All in all the XV-15's performed very well and at times I had to ask what sub(s) were on.

I hope that others that were there chime is as well.

:music-rockout:

Back