• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

new HSU VTF-15H

topper

VTF-15H-SB-big.jpg

Amplifier Power 1400 W short term, 350 W continuous
Hybrid Tuning 16 Hz Ported, 22 Hz Ported or Sealed
Q Control Range 0.3 - 0.7
Woofer 15 Inch
Crossover 30 - 90 Hz, Bypassable
Crossover Slope 24 dB/Oct
Phase 0/180
Total Power Outlet Requirement 430 W, 120/240V
Ship Weight 123 lbs
Dimensions 25.0"(h) x 18.0"(w) x 26.0"(d) excluding feet/grille
Warranty 7-years on woofer, 2-years on electronics
Designed and Engineered in the U.S.A.

Introductory price ~ $879 ~ msrp ~ $1,299
http://www.hsuresearch.com/products/vtf-15h.html

( advertised as flat to 10 hz )
>

Being flat to 10Hz means nothing by itself. I can make a $100 sub from a 8" woofer which is technically flat to 10Hz. The trick to be flat to 10Hz with high SPL, good dynamics, and low THD. That, if they managed to acheive it, is a pretty big deal at this price.

The owner's manual actually states it is flat to 15Hz (+/-2dB) with one port closed.

This looks like a pretty nice sub, but I will wait for Ilkka or someone similar to test it.

Flint said:
The owner's manual actually states it is flat to 15Hz (+/-2dB) with one port closed.

This looks like a pretty nice sub, but I will wait for Ilkka or someone similar to test it.
Thanks, Flint. Thats the kind of information (input) I was hoping to get.

>

Well after spending several hours on AVS forums reading about this new Sub, it appears to be the best offering HSU has ever had. Since I do not have the time or energy right now to tackle an IB, I decided to pull the trigger and see what a pair of these can do. If for whatever reason these are not to my liking, it doesn't seem as if I'll have any trouble at all re-selling these. Pauly, get ready to head up in a week or so and bring TrueRTA!! We're gonna be having some fun... :music-listening:

Batman said:
Well after spending several hours on AVS forums reading about this new Sub, it appears to be the best offering HSU has ever had. Since I do not have the time or energy right now to tackle an IB, I decided to pull the trigger and see what a pair of these can do. If for whatever reason these are not to my liking, it doesn't seem as if I'll have any trouble at all re-selling these. Pauly, get ready to head up in a week or so and bring TrueRTA!! We're gonna be having some fun... :music-listening:

nice...of course it's gonna make me want one.....son of a !!!!

-B- said:
Batman said:

nice...of course it's gonna make me want one.....son of a !!!!
:text-lol:

Oh Yeah -B-, come get this GD drum of whatever outta my garage so we can use the hand-truck this time ya bastard!!! :laughing-rolling:

Batman said:
Pauly, get ready to head up in a week or so and bring TrueRTA!! We're gonna be having some fun... :music-listening:

That's a possibility actually... Some Sat. afternoon? Maybe we can have a family day.

Batman said:
I decided to pull the trigger and see what a pair of these can do.

What do you think your system is lacking in the bass department? I was rather impressed with how well the PB13 performed.

And another thing.... I don't see any outputs on the sub's amp. So if your plan is to use them as stereo subs would't you need an external crossover?

Towen7 said:
What do you think your system is lacking in the bass department? I was rather impressed with how well the PB13 performed.
If I may, he no longer has the Ultra.

Towen7 said:
And another thing.... I don't see any outputs on the sub's amp. So if your plan is to use them as stereo subs would't you need an external crossover?
To do so, I believe he'd have to set his speakers to full range and use the high level connections.

Zing said:
Towen7 said:
If I may, he no longer has the Ultra.

But he sold the Ultra for a reason right? What was he looking for?

Zing said:
Towen7 said:
To do so, I believe he'd have to set his speakers to full range and use the high level connections.

Okay... but there is no high level output that I can see. So how is he going to get the crossed-over signal to the speakers? I'm clearly missing something.

Towen7 said:
But he sold the Ultra for a reason right? What was he looking for?
I guess that's for him to address.

Towen7 said:
Okay... but there is no high level output that I can see. So how is he going to get the crossed-over signal to the speakers?
OK, I see now that those high level connections are inputs only. You're right - there is absolutely no output of any kind on that amp. Unless he has stereo sub outs on his processor, he can't have stereo subs without some sort of outboard crossover. Good catch.

Can the sub outs on the 5507 be set to L/R channels? I know you know this but for the sake of anyone following that may not... you need independent channels for a true stereo sub application.

If so where does the LFE channel, and the crossed-over bass for the surround channels go?

Batman said:
There are two sub outs on the 5507...
Out of curiosity, are those left/right stereo outs or just dual mono outs, effectively eliminating the need for a Y splitter?

Batman said:
Cool. ~ Anxious to get your feedback on how it works out for you, etc, Batman.

Hope you're happy with them. . . . All indications I've come across indicates you will be.

:handgestures-thumbup:

Pauly, correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I remember you and I determined that the outputs were in fact dual mono.

What do I think a pair of these will do? They will cause you to have all the following reactions:

:banana-dance: :music-rockout: :scared-eek: :happy-smileygiantred:

:laughing-rolling:

and your house to implode. I mean if this thing even matches (let alone that it may very well exceed) the capability of the PBU, two of these on that scene from Matrix: Revolutions would be insane.

John

Back