• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

New Sandy Gross speaker company startup

They are for sale Matt....if you know interested parties let them know. They are just too much for this place.

Send me a PM about price. I might be able to scrounge up the moula if it's not to much, but shipping will prolly kill me.

Yeah I thought so, but wanted to err on the side of caution.....that and didnt want anyone to "outbid" me back on the east coast. Bryan has been more then generous with his offer and strangely I actually have the money in savings. I just need to figure if the cost to ship will be worth it and second where the hell I'm going to place these in my setup. I want to use them as my side surrounds and move my Studio Monitor 450's to the back chanells. but I know have to figure out some bizarre seating arrangement and definatly move my furniture around to make this work. Only thing that it causing me issues.

Course this could be the incentive to finally get off my duff and finally convert my two car garage into my dream theater space.

And since your coming out here in July I'll just wait and let you package them....ayeeee, freight will be $250 on these puppies easy.

just throw them on the plane and pay the $50 overweight fee per speaker :happy-smileygiantred:

Fuck it I'm allowed one carry on bag, now just gotta find a bag big enough. Hmmmm maybe Jeff loan me one of his big ass golf bags.

MatthewB said:
Fuck it I'm allowed one carry on bag, now just gotta find a bag big enough. Hmmmm maybe Jeff loan me one of his big ass golf bags.

Must be a pretty big ass bag if you can fit ONE of those speakers in there. :scared-eek:

Actually I think Batman's idea is a good one - with some limitations.

As Matt will attest, when I was out his way a year ago I tracked down, bought, had packaged, and took back a sub with me as checked baggage. No shipping cost.

The problem is that it depends on the airline, its restrictions etc.

Bigger problem is that these speakers are 80 lbs apiece. That's too big for anything but freight. But assuming they would have come in at 75 lbs fully-packed ...

With Air Canada and my status I'm allowed three checked bags, maximum of 75 lbs each, plus two hand bags as carry on. So if they were that weight, and I was Matt, I could easily transport both of them, one big checked bag, my computer, and one other bag - all for free.

However when I travel on some US "partner" airlines of Air canada, the weight limit drops to 50 lbs max. A real piss off!

Even worse, some US "partners" also limit the number of bags. Even one checked piece of luggage and one golf case can cost me extra - which is why I never travel with them. (You'd think they'd understand that!)

So Matt's only option at 80 lbs is freight. But Batman's suggestion, in other circumstances, is a real good one.

Jeff

ps. My SKB hard case is big, but not quite THAT big. When I went to a bigger golf bag, the case became pretty much full by the time I add a pair of shoes. If I don't clean out all of the found balls that I collect between trips, it can get pretty heavy.

Yeah so far my biggest obstacle in buying these, is just the cost of shipping, which is coming real close to what Bryan wants to charge for the speakers. Granted Bryan is being more than generous with his price, in fact if I lived nearby, he'd have cash in hand and I'd be setting them up right now. But alas I have been in contact with a few carriers today and the price to ship just one is costly much less two five foot tall boxes that weigh 90lbs each with packaging.

The other issue is placement of two more towers in my great room. Just no room, this was the issue I had when I sold my BP10's years ago and they are slightly taller than the BP30's

Back