• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Official Sim Racing Thread

The boys are in Hungary this weekend so we've been running the Hungaroring all week. I've been stuck above 1:15.480 for the past few days. Decided to try again at lunch. After 9 laps I finally bested it but then bested that on lap 10.

51343271111_8e203bf8b6_c.jpg

Things just felt good so I started a new session and on the very first lap cranked out an even faster lap. Strangely, I think I have another tenth or two I can eke out.

51343271691_bdf59ef78b_c.jpg

Here she is.

I’m 2 seconds slower so take this with a few grains of salt but yeah … I‘d wager there’s another few tenth in you at least.

It’s back to the same old same old again. I’m up two tenths and then blow it at the next turn.

It’s back to the same old same old again. I’m up two tenths and then blow it at the next turn.
I mean this with love and respect but I have zero sympathy. At least not until I can do a lap under 1:16.xxx

I'd also like to try MS Flight Simulator which is by all accounts a total graphics hog.

But the real reason for the 3080/3090 GPU is that I do NOT enjoy building/modding PCs and once I get one up and running I won't want to have to mess with the GPU for as long as possible.

I just downloaded MS Flight Simulator on my Xbox One Series X. It is included with Game Pass! I spent about 2 hours playing it last night. It's pretty cool and looks amazing. And I'm embarrassed to say that this Xbox isn't even hooked up to a 4k screen. The Flight Training module is where I spent my time. I was flying a small Cessna. Some of the analog instruments can be hard to read at times, and I guess the same is true when you're flying in person. Getting the finesse down on the controls and adjustments will definitely take some time. Lots of fun though and I recommend giving it a shot to anyone who is interested.

Funny you should mention this Zing. I have a legitimate excuse. I will mention this once and it will never be mentioned again. If it is mentioned again I will NOT admit to knowing anything about this.
Two days ago, in anticipation of my new , larger, fridge finally being delivered I realized that I had to do slightly more cabinetry removal. I measured and realized the existing opening would not fit the new fridge. Fine. Time to fire up the circular saw that had been sitting dormant for far too long. Place the chair in the appropriate place, plug in saw and commence cutting the offending cabinetry. Due to size of saw I was only able to to cut so far vertically and horizontally. That left an uncut portion about two inches where the horizontal and vertical did not meet.
Fair enough. I said" Mike, if you reef on that bad boy , that sucker will break right off and you will have the space you need!!" This is where I forgot one or more of Newtons laws or just basic physics or I was just a complete moron. I pulled... the piece did in fact break at the two inch joint but now I had nothing holding me to that anchor point and I had a roughly 15 pound circular saw in my other hand. Weeee...off the chair, circular saw dropped out of my hand and I landed with full weight of my body on my left wrist.
Long story short Zing. My wrist hurts like fuck. I don't believe it is broken. I suspect severe sprain. I didn't saw a limb off ...so that's a good thing.
This is why I should never be allowed to operate power tools!!!
I'm kidding..sort of. Honestly, there were so many stupid things I did. Shame on me!!!

No video? :crying:

Seriously, hope your wrist heals up and so glad nothing worse came of it. For some reason I'm 100% comfortable on a tablesaw, but circular saws scare the crap out of me.

No video? :crying:

Seriously, hope your wrist heals up and so glad nothing worse came of it. For some reason I'm 100% comfortable on a tablesaw, but circular saws scare the crap out of me.
Thanks Botch. My son coming up stairs saying "Dad..what did you do this time?!" Only thing hurt was my ego. Thank God I still have my wit and dashing good looks. Haha !!!

Funny you should mention this Zing. I have a legitimate excuse. I will mention this once and it will never be mentioned again. If it is mentioned again I will NOT admit to knowing anything about this.
Two days ago, in anticipation of my new , larger, fridge finally being delivered I realized that I had to do slightly more cabinetry removal. I measured and realized the existing opening would not fit the new fridge. Fine. Time to fire up the circular saw that had been sitting dormant for far too long. Place the chair in the appropriate place, plug in saw and commence cutting the offending cabinetry. Due to size of saw I was only able to to cut so far vertically and horizontally. That left an uncut portion about two inches where the horizontal and vertical did not meet.
Fair enough. I said" Mike, if you reef on that bad boy , that sucker will break right off and you will have the space you need!!" This is where I forgot one or more of Newtons laws or just basic physics or I was just a complete moron. I pulled... the piece did in fact break at the two inch joint but now I had nothing holding me to that anchor point and I had a roughly 15 pound circular saw in my other hand. Weeee...off the chair, circular saw dropped out of my hand and I landed with full weight of my body on my left wrist.
Long story short Zing. My wrist hurts like fuck. I don't believe it is broken. I suspect severe sprain. I didn't saw a limb off ...so that's a good thing.
I'm kidding..sort of. Honestly, there were so many stupid things I did. Shame on me!!!
That was a lot of word salad to say that the lap times Towen and I are laying down have you too ashamed to participate. I wonder how Dirt will spin his story.

Hoping your wrist feels better soon.

I have a serious case of carpel tunnel syndrome so I can empathize just a little. I can't do more than 10-12 laps at a time without needing to rest the wrist ... and that's with my POS Logitech wheel. I don't know what'd happen with a serious wheel like a DD2. That said @Zing is just faster than I am, with or without the handicap.

That was a lot of word salad to say that the lap times Towen and I are laying down have you too ashamed to participate. I wonder how Dirt will spin his story.

Hoping your wrist feels better soon.
That's a long story about slapping the salami too much which is REALLY what led to your wrist injury. :bouncygrin::bouncygrin::bouncygrin:
Well...what led to MY wrist injury was...moving around a large fish tank and getting it prepared for water.
Which essentially means I've been doing a lot of thinking and minimal doing...
I've been too busy doing other things. I know, I know...its a poor excuse.

Long story short...Zing has been instrumental in my welcome to the somewhat serious level of "How much do I really enjoy racing in hyper realistic fashion"
and I'll expound on that in the near future. I need to get my gear set up in a more permanent location (the middle of my living room definitely isn't passing the WAF...or even mine own). I'll dedicate a TV to it and some time and then I'll have better stories/pictures/posts here.

Last edited:
Yesterday I joined the PlayStation ranked multiplayer 5-lap series. I competed in four races against nine other people from around the world. I had one DNF, and 10th, 8th and 7th place finishes. All in all, I didn’t think that was the worst start.

I gave it another shot today. My first race was in the rain (which is a REAL bitch). I suffered some damage and couldn’t continue so that was another DNF. The next two races were thankfully dry and I actually got on the podium both times with 3rd and 2nd place finishes.

I was feeling confident cocky and confident now so I entered another race and wouldn’t you know it, I got my first ranked online sim racing victory. HOT DAMN!

It's that time again. What time is that, you ask? Why, upgrade time, of course.

Like most PC gaming nerds, I've lusted after an Alienware machine for decades. Sadly, that all went out the window when Dell bought the Alienware name. The only other U.S. based power PC maker I knew of was Falcon Northwest. But not too terribly long ago I learned that the very same people who founded Alienware and who made it such a sought after brand, reformed as Origin. I can only imagine the logic was "ORIGINal Alienware".

Well, lust finally became acquisition with the arrival of an Origin Neuron.

51647602683_c0324dd384_h.jpg

51647602663_22f2ccb352_h.jpg

51646555397_e084720d5a_h.jpg

51648041484_5b5a499c58_h.jpg

It's that time again. What time is that, you ask? Why, upgrade time, of course.

Like most PC gaming nerds, I've lusted after an Alienware machine for decades. Sadly, that all went out the window when Dell bought the Alienware name. The only other U.S. based power PC maker I knew of was Falcon Northwest. But not too terribly long ago I learned that the very same people who founded Alienware and who made it such a sought after brand, reformed as Origin. I can only imagine the logic was "ORIGINal Alienware".

Well, lust finally became acquisition with the arrival of an Origin Neuron.

51647602683_c0324dd384_h.jpg

51647602663_22f2ccb352_h.jpg

51646555397_e084720d5a_h.jpg

51648041484_5b5a499c58_h.jpg

Looks purdy!!!:thumbsup:

Wow, that is AWESOME.

And this is coming from an Alienware owner. ;)

Back