• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Out with the old...

CMonster

Okay, so I couldn't help myself and let it slip that I'm getting some new gear. Zing correctly guessed the pre/pro: Anthem AVM 50v. I was planning on it being a surprise with the speaker reveal at Yromj's GTG. Oh well. Anyway, I'll post some pics of my current setup with the Outlaw 990 and Dynaudio Focus speakers soon and then the new gear once I get it setup.

Attachments

• new_speakers.jpg
    new_speakers.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 1,679
YouSuck.jpg

Congrats! I'm unclear, are you getting just the Monitor Audio CC or MA's all around (a tasty choice, I might add)?

:bow-blue: :bow-blue: :bow-blue:

Botch said:
Congrats! I'm unclear, are you getting just the Monitor Audio CC or MA's all around (a tasty choice, I might add)?

Thanks. PL100s as mains and the PLC150 cc. I have in-ceiling speakers for surrounds and an SVS PB12-Plus/2 sub that will remain.

Well aren't you Mr. Fancy Schmancy with your Anthem and MA Platinums and your NSD/2 trumping Plus/2 Sub. I do believe I hate you now! :eek:bscene-birdiedoublered:

On the other hand, my compliments on your exquisite taste in gear!

And so we're clear, I still hate you, I still think you're a dick and you still suck. I just now hate a dick with wicked sick cool toys! :music-rockout:

Zing said:
And so we're clear, I still hate you, I still think you're a dick and you still suck. I just now hate a dick with wicked sick cool toys! :music-rockout:

Thanks, I think. :? :handgestures-thumbup:

DAMN!
That's a good looking speaker!

I would love to hear them someday.

Congrats and big...

YOU SUCK!

Botch said:
Except for a totally different tweeter, and that cone below it... :teasing-neener:
LMAO Yeah, Rope, WTF is the matter with you?

Here's a PLC150

22544.jpg

The larger PLC350 is closer since it has a separate midrange driver:
plc350.large.jpg

But yeah, the ribbon tweeter is totally different.

By the way, did anyone notice that the front face of the platinum series is covered in leather? It's pretty frickin' sweet. We actually had to go to the distributor's office to audition the speakers - the store we're going through only carries up to the Silver line but someone who works for the distributor owns the PL300s and he brought them into their office so we could listen.

I want to hear your thoughts on the ribbon tweeter. They seem to be picking up in popularity of late.

I wouldn't know a ribbon tweeter if it bit me on the ass, but damn Chuck thems is some seriously SEXY speakers.

BTW, before U all make fun of me, I really do know what a ribbon tweeter is.

Back