• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Out with the old...

Randy said:
I wouldn't know a ribbon tweeter if it bit me on the ass, but damn Chuck thems is some seriously SEXY speakers.

BTW, before U all make fun of me, I really do know what a ribbon tweeter is.

You mean this:

il_570xN.84098255.jpg

Rope said:
Who the hell changed the definition of resembles?

Rope
Apparently YOU did because the PL150 doesn't even remotely resemble "The Voice". :teasing-tease: Unless of course by resemble you meant that it's a horizontally oriented speaker that resides between the left and right speakers. If that's the case, then, yeah, they're practically identical.

:banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance:

(oh, and nice-looking place!)

CMonster said:
And this is why I probably won't post any more tonight:

2182609130086574373S600x600Q85.jpg

What you gonna be all night playing with some card board boxes? Sounds lame to me. :teasing-neener:

I think the first STL GTG needs to head west to Kansas City, MO.

Perfect timing on a FRIDAY!

Have fun and give us a full report!

Curious,
What led you to the MA Platinum after having Dynaudio Focus?

Most who upgrade from the Focus line end up with Contours or even Confidence lines. Yours is a unique route.

BTW, I have never heard the MA but they look beautiful!

To answer some of the questions posed...
I really like my Dynaudio mains but the center channel is a two-way MTM speaker and the lobing issue was really starting to annoy us (difficult to understand dialog when sitting off to the side). From what I can tell all Dynaudio center channels are two-way so they're all going to have this problem. Also, we refurnished the room so the rosewood just doesn't go as well with the new decor (we're going to make a slip-cover type thingy for the sub). We also thought stand mount speakers would fit better. If the audition of the MA Platinum series hadn't been positive I would've been bugging Bats for three Dynaudio C1s...

As for the Dyns, I'll be putting them up for sale along with the Outlaw 990.

We should be getting the Anthem AVM50v late next week and it will be going on the bottom shelf with the cc moving up. I also need to get longer speaker wire for the mains plus the aforementioned cover for the sub.

The MAs are freakin' beautiful and the cc is a 2.5-way design with one of the bass drivers crossed over at 250 Hz so lobing shouldn't be an issue. We watched some of the NCAA tournament tonight and the cc improvement was very noticeable. I didn't hook up the mains right away because I didn't think the speaker cable was long enough. By the time I decided to actually try to hook them up the wife was in bed so I just did a little low-volume listening to some music.

Back