• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Out with the old...

The Anthem AVM50v will be moving to the basement HT so it has been replaced with a Marantz AV7005. The Dish box is temporarily located on top of the entertainment unit, waiting to be replaced by a joey.

upstairs001.jpg

Pretty! So are you still liking those speakers?

PaulyT said:

They're no Dynaudios. The Anthem Room Correction really worked wonders with them though. With the Outlaw 990, and the Anthem before running ARC, it seemed like every song would have some little bit, just something, that didn't sound quite right. I haven't done much serious listening yet with the Marantz but I do have Audyssey engaged and haven't really noticed anything irritating.

CMonster said:
PaulyT said:

They're no Dynaudios.
Hmm, I thought in an earlier post you had preferred them over the Dyns. :| When I auditioned different speakers 3 years ago (ended up with MA Silver's) I didn't find a local dealer with DynAudios, so I've only heard Bats'.

Curious, why do you have two APC power conditioners?

Botch said:
Hmm, I thought in an earlier post you had preferred them over the Dyns. :| When I auditioned different speakers 3 years ago (ended up with MA Silver's) I didn't find a local dealer with DynAudios, so I've only heard Bats'.

Don't get me wrong, they're good speakers, but I think the ribbon tweeter throws in some anomalies. As mentioned, there was something in almost every song that grabbed my attention in a "whoa, that didn't sound quite right" sort of way. By default, Anthem Room Correction (ARC) only corrects up to 5000 Hz. When I bumped that up to 10,000 Hz, almost all of those anomalies went away. There's still something a little weird about how the tweeter and woofer blend; the dispersion characteristics of the two different technologies just don't always seem to fit well together. Still, I'm very happy with the purchase.

Oh, I do much prefer the MA center channel as it doesn't have the lobing issue that plagued the Dyn.

Botch said:
Curious, why do you have two APC power conditioners?

Insanity. Originally I just had the one on the right in the pic, an H15. Unfortunately not everything on the left could reach it so I had to use a couple of multi-plugged extensions cords. When I got a small bonus at work for 15 years of service I bought another H15, but they're now only available in black. :angry-banghead: Once the basement project came along I decided to move the black H15 down there and my search began for a replacement. In the end I had to settle for a silver H10. Not a perfect match but it'll have to do.

Back