• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Plasma Project

No it's gonna be a few days. I have a crapload of homework to catch up on and a couple loose ends to tie up. I will post pix soon and this is literally killing me. I cant stand waiting.

AndySTL said:
Ok, you can't have THAT much homework. Let's see some damn pictures!
Yeah, its mid-January; you shouldn't even have had a quiz yet! :angry-tappingfoot:

Well according to the attorney that is teaching my Administrative Law class, this is a graduate level program and I expect graduate level work, both quantity and context. I have 2 classes and between the reading, the papers, the projects, and preparing case briefs I should do homework every night.

Oh ya, and I still have that pesky thing called a job. 2 actually as I spent all day sat 8-5 teaching a class for the college.

Believe me guys I am bumming and want to get it done. I may have to take some comp time tomorrow or Friday to finish up.

Look at the bright side Randy.........

Your additional education, should bring you much more revenue in the long run. So, in 5 years you will be planing a Home Theater Project and that 60" Plasma will just be an every day thing and no big deal!!

:text-imsorry:

LOL thanx Heeman you are right.

Display is up and mounted. I am watching an Anthrax video on youtube on it through my wifi and it KICKS ASS. THe high def picture is really good. Gotta finish tidying up the install.

More pix to come but for now back to homework I gotta write a case brief and I aint no lawyer.

where is my country clock going ?
Congrats on the plasma & getting it mounted.

Worked on it for hours yesterday. Had to completely re fish speaker wire and everything.

Old Marantz does not fit in cabinet I bought.

Trying to run HDMI through a legacy piece like my Marantz. Have to use an HDMI switch and this has led to some issues.

Sub doesn't work and I cant get into Marantz through OSD cuz it only outputs through composite video.

Blah Blah Blah.

This has been a bitch but more pix to come.

Still cant get sub to work I got out the manuals and there is sub on off switch on the back of the processor. Flipped it to on and still nothing.

Damn dinosaur equipment. Antiquated crap. LOL

Ok so that mantle came today and got it installed. It sits a full 4" lower than before. Might not sound like a lot but that is 4" lower the display could hang. Getting closer.

And now the old TV is gone. out in the garage. Almost done, just have a few things to tidy up. Have to get my audio issues lined out and get my sub working.

Randy, you have the setup I wanted in my LR. I have a stone fireplace at one narrow end, but was told by several there was no way I could mount a TV onto the stone (it runs all the way up to the ceiling).
Are you going to get a smaller component cabinet, or a newer receiver?

Thanx guys, I know I wont get much sympathy from Heeman after his HT build but dayum this was a lot more work than I expected.

Botch, I don't see why you couldn't mount one to the fireplace if the brick goes all the way to the ceiling. My nephew actually suggested building mine up the rest of the way.

I am going to have to possibly get a new cabinet/ stand that is deeper and I am probably going to get a new receiver in a couple of months. I am thinking a Marantz 6008. Although the 6008 is not as deep as my current receiver so the cabinet may workout after all.

I would never put down a fellow DIYer, no matter how small or easy of a project they take on!

Great Job Randy!!

Just curious what you found to be the most challenging part of this project?

Back