• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

PS5 anyone?

Side note, my company holiday gift to all the employees...Xbox Series X. I don’t have it yet but they said hopefully by late January. More fun awaits!
Wow. Last company gift (of any kind) I got, (21 years ago) was a 5-lb ham. :confused:

I haven't paid for a PS or Xbox since the PS1. I've gotten them all through work as Christmas Gift/ Bonus every year since. I no longer work for that company.
I was unable to obtain a PlayStation since Launch day. So yesterday for Christmas I put $500 in envelopes for both my grandsons with note stating PlayStation Fund
So for now the search continues

I was able to snag (indirectly) a PS5. My cousin got one in a Wal-Mart drop and was only searching for one for me.
Passed it off at retail. My search is done.

Initial impressions, the interface is...busy. The PS3/PS4 interface was, to me, the simplest and most intuitive.
Let's see if I get used to the PS5. "Problem" is...I'm not going to play it anywhere near as much as the previous versions...so
I think I'll just end up thinking its "too busy" all the time. Know how I know I'm old?

Wow. Last company gift (of any kind) I got, (21 years ago) was a 5-lb ham. :confused:

My company is a small consulting company and we are a Gold Microsoft partner. So this gift was a no-brainer for management. We have deep contacts in MSFT and with hardware distribution vendors but they are still struggling to source the ~40 of these units to send out. The company president said they are getting them from a variety of vendors.

I‘ve been employed at the same place for over 20 years and only over that last few year have we gotten a Christmas gift. Not that I’m complaining ... I’m really not ... but each of the last few years my boss has dipped into a bucket of money he’s allotted for discretionary incentives and gets a bunch of cheap ($15), company branded shirts for the 100 or so managers on the team. In addition he’s given his 10 or so direct reports a bag of coffee and a box of candy. I manage all the paperwork for the incentive budget so I know that the $10 he spends on his direct reports come from his own pocket.

Does PS5 do VR at all? Seems like a driving game in VR would be particularly awesome.

There

is

the

matter

of

a

couple

more

accessories.

51167255861_03da9c505e_b.jpg

51168351375_8281b8ce4e_b.jpg

51168351390_8e8cb480cb_h.jpg

51167255826_0cd82a7a33_h.jpg
how can you play call of duty with that??!?!?!?

you suck!

time to get some gran turismo and need for speed!!!!!

Do you all want me to create a new thread for the ps5 driving discussions? I could move the relevant posts from this thread into that, if desired.

Or, someone just start a new thread (I don't know what you want to call it) and I'll move posts over.

Do you all want me to create a new thread for the ps5 driving discussions? I could move the relevant posts from this thread into that, if desired.
Definitely not limited to PS5. Towen is using an Xbox and mcad is using a PC. Maybe just "Official Sim Racing Thread"???

I'm out

I'm officially done trying to get a PS5. I'm just no longer willing to keep jumping though hoops and begging people to take my money.

I've signed up for numerous mailing and pre-order lists (spam), joined the vapid cesspool that is Twitter for alerts that never pan out, I've waited in more lines than I want to admit to.

Last edited:
I'm out

I'm officially done trying to get a PS5. I'm just no longer willing to keep jumping though hoops and begging people to take my money.

I've signed up for numerous mailing lists (spam), joined the vapid cesspool that is Twitter for alerts that never pan out, I've waited in more lines than I want to admit to.
I assume this is due to the shortage of semiconductors? If the lap times you are running in F1 are any indication, what you are using now seems to be working just fine!!:grinning:

I want(ed) one so that I could compete with Zing and other friends on-line. I'll turn my energy and resources to sourcing components for a gaming PC instead.

I want(ed) one so that I could compete with Zing and other friends on-line. I'll turn my energy and resources to sourcing components for a gaming PC instead.
My son has been doing that for awhile. You may be banging your head against the wall yet again.

Yeah ... I'm aware of the shortage of higher-end graphics cards.

I wonder if we'll ever get back to a world where most consumer products are generally available.

Did you look at Dell/Alienware? Looks like you can build a pretty decent rig with something like RTX 3080 in the mid $2000's. Or are you trying to get the very latest bleeding edge GPU? Or multiple GPUs?

Back