• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Skyrim

My carry weight is 370.. but notice how little weight I'm currently carrying. My heavy armor is weightless!!!!

I have 731 armor rating and can still carry 300 more lbs!!!!

That's pretty cool, but my mage robes don't weigh anything either. :teasing-neener:

My main carry weight is all the bloody potions... those add up.

I remember in Oblivion (the previous game in this series), there was a potion that would double your carrying capacity; I'd spend a lot of time going out, fighting a bunch of silly fighters with fancy expensive but heavy armor, and then and selling it for huge profits. :laughing:

PaulyT said:
That's pretty cool, but my mage robes don't weigh anything either. :teasing-neener:

My main carry weight is all the bloody potions... those add up.

I remember in Oblivion (the previous game in this series), there was a potion that would double your carrying capacity; I'd spend a lot of time going out, fighting a bunch of silly fighters with fancy expensive but heavy armor, and then and selling it for huge profits. :laughing:

in a steve jobs voice...

Theres a potion for that. :banana-dance:

I figured there might be, I just haven't encountered it yet. Like I said, I'm barely starting on the actual plot quests, just got my first "voice lessons" from the greybeards last night.

PaulyT said:
I figured there might be, I just haven't encountered it yet. Like I said, I'm barely starting on the actual plot quests, just got my first "voice lessons" from the greybeards last night.

you essentially have to buy one off someone, most of the time, the khajiit have it, or arcadias has it for around 500 i think.

not too shabby if you end up thinking about the armor you drag around, the extra crap you buy and sell.

with game of thrones, kingdom of heaven, finishing bf3 campaign mode, i havent had the chance to hit this game again.

too bad i cant call out on work either, month end and everyones wrangling up stuff.

Well another night up till 2am playing this damn game, and what's the first thing that comes to mind when my eyes pop open around 7am as usual? "Hmm... I think I need to train in speechcraft."

Sigh... I'm officially obsessed.

FYI, encountered a bug in the game yesterday where it dropped my archery skill back to race-initial level (20 in my case), for no reason - e.g. nothing in the "active effects" list - and with no cure. Fortunately, this is a known bug and a google search turned up a solution involving the console mode available in the PC version, where you can manually type in commands to the game's underlying virtual machine; otherwise apparently the only solution would be to train up the skill by another level. So check all your skill attributes occasionally to make sure none of them are low, and showing red.

PaulyT said:
Well another night up till 2am playing this damn game, and what's the first thing that comes to mind when my eyes pop open around 7am as usual? "Hmm... I think I need to train in speechcraft."

Sigh... I'm officially obsessed.

Speechcraft - easy. head on over to Thieves guild area, theres a brewery there. look for the 'barkeep'. talk to him and ask about how he likes serving under the current manager, then ask him how he really feels, and then notice the speech increase. wash. rinse. repeat.

FYI, encountered a bug in the game yesterday where it dropped my archery skill back to race-initial level (20 in my case), for no reason - e.g. nothing in the "active effects" list - and with no cure. Fortunately, this is a known bug and a google search turned up a solution involving the console mode available in the PC version, where you can manually type in commands to the game's underlying virtual machine; otherwise apparently the only solution would be to train up the skill by another level. So check all your skill attributes occasionally to make sure none of them are low, and showing red.

do tell more if you dont mind.

I just finished battlefield 3 (a big disappointment on the ending by the way), and went back to skyrim.

Man, i had to relearn a whole bunch of things - controls, where i am, what im doing, what quest etc.

Skipped it and will call in sick next week to play again. :happy-smileygiantred:

Basically just go to the "constellation" attributes area, and make sure none of the levels are red and lower than they should be (unless you know you have a curse or disease or something...). In my case, my archery value was 20 and colored red, but should have been 56, but apparently it can happen for other attributes. The fix I found took care of it.

Thanks pauly...

This is making me want to go back to skyrim now... I cant give up my Game of thrones tho!!!

Thanks for the riften speech training tip, that's awesome! Though feels a bit like cheating; oh well, I'm a thief anyway. :laughing:

I also noticed that suddenly all shops are taking stolen goods, even though I haven't invested in them. I wonder if that's another bug? Not that I mind much, as I have a HUGE stockpile of stolen stuff to unload, mostly jewelry.

I'm also getting to the point where I'm not sure what to train in; I have more training points available then perk points to make use of them... Anyone know if, for example, having a high archery skill actually has any beneficial effects even if you don't use the higher-level perk points in the archery path? In other words, will my bow do more damage if I have an archery skill of 100 vs. 50, without adding any perks to the archery constellation?

PaulyT said:
Thanks for the riften speech training tip, that's awesome! Though feels a bit like cheating; oh well, I'm a thief anyway. :laughing:

I also noticed that suddenly all shops are taking stolen goods, even though I haven't invested in them. I wonder if that's another bug? Not that I mind much, as I have a HUGE stockpile of stolen stuff to unload, mostly jewelry.

I'm also getting to the point where I'm not sure what to train in; I have more training points available then perk points to make use of them... Anyone know if, for example, having a high archery skill actually has any beneficial effects even if you don't use the higher-level perk points in the archery path? In other words, will my bow do more damage if I have an archery skill of 100 vs. 50, without adding any perks to the archery constellation?

My archery is almost 80, I'm lvl 35. There is one archery perk that allows you to zoom in like a sniper.... get that for sure!

D

There is no end to the depths of nerdity in games like this. :laughing:

Yeah, Dog, I've got that zoom skill, definitely handy. Critical shot, too...

I've never seen a bunch of obsessed geek fanbois like this in my entire life... :eusa-whistle:

the way i see it, the archery skill is one of the few skills you WANT to upgrade as much as possible IF you are an archer. makes sense right? i mean, you can find the most powerful bow, a mediocre skill level and hit the spot after NUMEROUS hits. with a higher skill level, better 'sights' et al, critical shot, would yield ONE shot kills.

im just saying.

anyways, im an archer thief, so i maxed it out as much as i can.

lockpicking tho, isnt something i 'invested' in with perk points - i learned that skill via fallout 3 and new vegas. im THAT good in that department. :happy-smileygiantred:

so you see, some skills i guess 'need' as much advantage as possible, and some, well, a matter of luck and game set skill.

jomari said:
Thanks pauly...

This is making me want to go back to skyrim now... I cant give up my Game of thrones tho!!!

Game of Thrones - watching the series? Awesome stuff. I've been reading the books since the first one came out. Needless to say, I am hooked.

So, my character is level 33. 100 sneak, 72 archery, and a recent emphasis on blacksmithing has me at 85. Since I started late in blacksmithing, I am going to get to 100 without filling up the tree. I have one more spot along the right side to get to ebony - which is going to let me improve my Nightcaller bow even further. Therefore, going to start having some fun with the training and pickpocketing scheme. Love that idea - thanks!

It's hard to know where to go next in terms of skill trees. I spread them around a little at first - light armor, one-handed, etc., then stopped to specialize in sneak and archery. Archery takes a long time to naturally improve in I've noticed (hence the training and stealing money back strategy).

Since I have been trying to improve blacksmithing and enchanting, I have completely ignored my quests. Still on the final Dark Brotherhood quest (have to go kill a chef I think) and the main story line I quit before I got too far along (at Alduin's Wall I think). Having a blast just collecting bounties, invading forts, and doing some of the miscellaneous quests.

By the way, you should become a member of the DB just to get the horse, Shadowmere. He's an aggressive killing machine that never dies (unless you jump off a very tall cliff). And you can use him to climb mountains.

The most significant "perk" I have come across so far is getting enchanting to 100.. then you can put two chants on every piece you have. It changes everything.

goaliechris said:
Game of Thrones - watching the series? Awesome stuff. I've been reading the books since the first one came out. Needless to say, I am hooked.

*snip*

just finished the first season last night. man oh man, i hated some aspects of it, and quite frankly got too attached to certain characters.

im in a predicament now - potentially i can wait it out, and 'find' it again later after each episode. or i can go ahead and buy the book/books. problem is, im an impatient bastard. i STILL havent watched tinker tailor, despite buying the series almost a month ago.

in regards to pickpocketing, whats the trick again?

I got my pickpocketing to 100 by stealing back all the money I spent on training in other stats. So, free training with pickpocketing experience as a bonus!

I took the afternoon off and ended up a a Game Stop thinking I'd plop down $60 and see what all the fuss is about. The store had a rack full of strategy guides and it struck me that it was TWICE as thick as a typical game's. Intrigued I thumbed through a few pages. It didn't take long for me to realize that just learning how to play would require a major commitment of time and energy. The charts of potions, spells, weapons, skill, perks... were dizzying.

It overwhelmed me so I just bought a used copy of Lego Star Wars. I envy you guys with the ability and patience to play Skyrim.

Back