• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Sony BDP-S570

I confess. :oops:

I've been an owner of Sony BDP-S570 for almost a month and like it so far, especially for the price ($106 new including shipping).

I used to have Oppo BDP-80 but had an opportunity to sell it at good price so I did (sorry Pauly, it happened too quickly to contact you). To me, Oppo's remote control was bothersome. The buttons are mushy and response is slowly (there's a slight lag). My cable TV remote does that and I hate it. Having another remote doing that was more than what I wanted to put up with.

S570's PQ and ease of use is very good. Remote buttons have a nice snap to it and the response is quick like other Sony remotes I've had. The fan noise isn't audible from sweet spot so it's a none issue for me. For around 1/3 of price, it's a clear winner over Oppo BDP-80, not to mention all the streaming features it has that BDP-80 doesn't.

There, I got it off my chest. :eek:bscene-drinkingcheers:

Anyone having issues with playing DVD with this player? I just did the latest firmware update and I played some DVD to see how this player does (no problem with Bluray discs so far). I noticed some texts appearing on top of the screen once in a while. I was watching Star Wars - Revenge of the Sith and during some scenes, people's last name like "Lucas", "Coleman" or "Guyett" pops up for couple seconds at the top of the screen. I turned off subtitle but it still comes up. What could this be and can it be turned off?

Where did you buy your player...7-Eleven? That's some really strange goings on there.

Subliminal advertising? ("Lucas is God"...)

The only time I've ever seen this is the very occasional (like I've seen this maybe 3-4 times total) character or two that looks like it's showing up as closed captions on my TV, maybe from a little noise in the video stream? It's only ever happened when playing games (not videos) on the PS3.

Zing said:
Where did you buy your player...7-Eleven?
In the alley behind 7-Eleven. I'm pretty sure this unit is cold. :teasing-neener:

It was on ebay with "make an offer" option so I did the dealing.

PaulyT said:
Subliminal advertising? ("Lucas is God"...)

The only time I've ever seen this is the very occasional (like I've seen this maybe 3-4 times total) character or two that looks like it's showing up as closed captions on my TV, maybe from a little noise in the video stream? It's only ever happened when playing games (not videos) on the PS3.
I've tried other SW discs and didn't show such thing. Revenge of the Sith being the last DVD release, who knows, maybe they squeezed in extra crap in there that they didn't have the ability to do before. :handgestures-thumbdown:

So my ps3 bit the dust would you guys recommend the BDP-S570? I don't want to buy another ps3 since I did not play games that much and this is right in my price range. I don't really care about the apps that it comes with since I get blu-rays from netflix, and I only stream movies, and TV shows to my computer. Any other blu-ray players on the market I should check out?

If you don't care about 3D or built-in wifi, you can get the Sony S370 and save a few bucks.

Back