• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

The New Epson 5010...

Zing

Retired Admin
Superstar
...is mine!

IMG_2168.jpg

IMG_2169.jpg

IMG_2171.jpg

IMG_2174.jpg

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4_VpTUZZeU[/youtube]

:happy-smileygiantred:

Congrats!!

According to the review you are a premium enthusiast. Nice!

*Edit by Zing* That's "premier" enthusiast. Get your hearing checked. :teasing-tease:

Very Nice Zing!

Just curious why you did not choose the 3010 and save almost 50%?? Is the PQ actually that much better??

Thanks to all, even Jamhead! :eek:bscene-buttred: (Wait until you buy yours - you're SOOO gonna get it from me)

Andy - There are some pictures floating around here somewhere but they're scattered in multiple threads for multiple reasons. Here are a couple of older pictures to give you a sense of things.

The front of my room looks essentially like this though the L&R speakers are now much further apart (nearly as wide as there room will allow), they're also inverted (tweeter on bottom, woofer on top) and the 64-inch fixed frame screen has been replaced with an 80-inch electric drop-down screen.

032.jpg

The rear of my room looks essentially like this though the seating has changed and now there's a 5010 mounted to the beams instead of a HC720.

004.jpg

Keith - While the 3010 and 5010 may be similar in a few areas, the two become vastly different in others and that's why I chose it. There is a night and day difference in black level and contrast between the two, the 5010 has frame interpolation whereas the 3010 does not, the 5010 has larger (and I believe faster) LCD panels, a 12v trigger out and lens shift. I either needed or just plain wanted all of those features so the higher price was well worth it to me.

YAAAAYYYYYY!!!! I can't wait to benefit from this!! LOLOLOLOL
:angelic-green: :angelic-green: :angelic-green:

Actually, I agree Zing, in that the 5010 is worth the premium over the 3010 if you have the room for it (total light control). The 5010 contrast is MUCH better than the 3010...in fact, for LCD, it's at the top of the heap in picture quality.

jamhead said:
...if you have the room for it (total light control).

That's not exactly true. The 5010 is a virtual flamethrower. It's so bright, you could almost use it outside during the day. LOL

Seriously though, my room is anything but light-controlled and with my older 720, watching anything during daylight hours was usually difficult because the picture got washed out. Just messing around with the 5010 this afternoon I can already tell that's a non-issue. I'm really looking forward to the sun going down tonight because I'm expecting an amazing image.

Zing said:
jamhead said:
...if you have the room for it (total light control).

That's not exactly true. The 5010 is a virtual flamethrower. It's so bright, you could almost use it outside during the day. LOL

Seriously though, my room is anything but light-controlled and with my older 720, watching anything during daylight hours was usually difficult because the picture got washed out. Just messing around with the 5010 this afternoon I can already tell that's a non-issue. I'm really looking forward to the sun going down tonight because I'm expecting an amazing image.

I was referring to black level, not total lumens. Yes, the thing is a light cannon, which is why it would be on the top of my list if it were to ever drop in my price range....but 2.5k is a little much for me now.

Really good black levels during night time movie watching, and enough light output for football games during the afternoon.

You truly do suck Zing.

jamhead said:
Really good black levels during night time movie watching, and enough light output for football games during the afternoon.
Yes, exactly.

5000 hours, Yesfan.

Back