• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Are You Listening To?

That's very cool, though honestly not my favorite of their songs. And I've not a clue what pattern you mean... ?

I brought this DVD to Bats GTG 4.0 and one person, Russ, was not at all impressed.........

Paul brought it home and has yet to watch it. Video quality was not good, however audio and musician ship........ :text-bravo:

My favorite line up as well.

Love Bill Bruford when he played with Yes and also, Anderson, Bruford, Wakeman and Howe.

61I-jpLIUvL.jpg

Larks-Tongues-in-Aspic.jpg

Wow, this is great stuff. Even on first listen, I could see this becoming my favorite of the King Crimson albums, at least of the ones I have so far. Wow.

PaulyT said:

Wow, this is great stuff. Even on first listen, I could see this becoming my favorite of the King Crimson albums, at least of the ones I have so far. Wow.
Pauly I just got this one in 5.1 DVD-Audio too, I'm really digging it! :music-rockout:

Okay, the pattern in Elephant Talk: There are 5 verses in the song, consisting of mostly single words, all synonyms and/or types of "Talk" (there are a few phrases tossed in).
Arguments Agreements Advice Answers Art Announcements It's only Talk!
Babble Burble Banter Bicker, Bicker, Bickerbickerbickerbicker, Brou-haha, Balderdash, Ballyhoo, It's only Talk!
Chatter, chit-chat-chit-chat-chit-chat, conversation, contradiction, criticism, It's only Talk!
Dialogue, Doalogue, Diatribes, Dissention, Deformation, Double-Talk! Double Talk!
Entoils, Explanations, Exclamations, Exaggerations, It's only Talk! Elephant Talk, Elephant Talk, Elephant Talk!!
Each verse progresses one letter thru the alphabet. I wish he'd write Elephant Talk II, and pick up where he left off: Growls, Grunts, Gripes, Grouches, It's only Talk!
:happy-smileygiantred: :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup: :eusa-clap:

That's cool, thanks. I never woulda picked up on that. Admittedly, I don't pay much attention to lyrics...

Right now it's David Bowie "At The Beeb". I've always kind of enjoyed the sound of this set. Well... more of a vibe than a sound, I guess. If that makes sense? Maybe a little of both.

51iFAx9MLzL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

PaulyT said:

Today has been a really, really shitty day. Listening to this now is definitely the best part of this day. The song 'Exiles' is really truly awesome, to me. I can listen to that one over and over.

This is quite good. The lady can belt out a song and play guitar.

Highly recommended

2142381.jpg

61TgUMfRjSL.jpg

1. Hold On
2. I Found You
3. Hang Loose
4. Rise To The Sun
5. You Ain't Alone
6. Goin' To The Party
7. Heartbreaker
8. Boys & Girls
9. Be Mine
10. I Ain't The Same
11. On Your Way

Bob R said:
This is quite good. The lady can belt out a song and play guitar.

Highly recommended

2142381.jpg

1. Hold On

I don't know much about Alabama Shakes, but I did download an MP3 of their song "HOLD ON" when Google Play was offering if free a few weeks back. I do like that song quite a bit. I might have to check out the rest of the album someday.

As for me right now...

I'm listening to pre-dance Maroon 5. Well maybe you could still dance to this stuff, I dunno; I'm not a dancin' fool. I suppose it's not quite as technocrap like their newest one. Regardless... I'd prefer to just listen to the music. "Mutt" Lang was the producer on this Hands All Over album. It's got a couple of songs that I don't mind. You know, considering that's it's Maroon 5. Still... it's also got a few songs that I think suck.

8578443.jpg

51c0pC4kiNL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Was hoping to bring this one to Chuck's GTG, but I only got it a couple days ago. Incredible, incredible music; gonna take a lot of listenings to fully absorb this. Keyboards done by Adam Holzman, who got his start with Miles Davis and has had a cool solo career since. Associate producer and recording engineer was some cat named Alan Parsons (!) which had to be cool for Wilson, I believe Dark Side of the Moon (produced by Parsons) was the album that pushed him into a music career in the first place. I didn't know Parsons was still active...
The "video" is quite odd. The left side of the screen stays black the entire time; the right side has a sphere in which cartoons move past ("Ken Burns effect") and the sphere has "smoke" drifting off of it. I haven't followed the lyrics enough yet to see if the cartoons relate to them, but this one is a Bluray I'll turn the TV off and just listen.
The front of the case has a square yellow sticker that says "FSK ab 6 freigegeben"; I was afraid it was a german zone bluray but it plays fine. Anyone have any idea what that is?

I can remember when this one was released, wow what a breath of fresh air for it's time (1981).

41yR-QnLmrL.jpg

Track Listings
1. Talk To Ya Later
2. Sushi Girl
3. Amnesia
4. Mr. Hate
5. Attack Of The Fifty Foot Woman.
6. Think About Me
7. A Matter Of Pride
8. Don't Want To Wait Anymore
9. Power Tools
10. Let's Make Some Noise