• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Are You Listening To?

b8d5820dd7a02fdbca30e010.L.jpg

I've been an Eric Burdon Fan since the 60's. There is something about his voice and presence that make me keep buying the entire catalog.

His latest does not dissapoint.

Highly reccomended.

61cfzE4-e%2BL._SS500_.jpg

^--- so how do you like it?

I actually ordered a couple other versions of this same work, just to compare, but I haven't had a chance to listen to them carefully yet. Robert Shaw is one of the best though, IMHO.

Chris Botti - "A Thousand Kisses Deep"

I dunno exactly why I have this one. Musically, it seems awfully similar to much of the smooth jazz that I despise. Or worse... it's much like one of those albums of whatever is the latest mainstream "classical/jazzy/newage/pop" crossover. Like 'Chant' by those monks. Or anything by The Three Tenors, Celtic Thunder, Josh Groban, or that creepy little girl on PBS who sings with an adult fat-lady opera voice.

But for some reason, to me, I don't mind it. Chris Botti is A-OK. Not as cool as Zamfir, but--honestly--who is?

d5866230a8a0fddd81bbf010.L.jpg

PRD73932_5001.jpg

I'm digging this. Thanks for letting me know about it, Pauly! (I found an inexpensive source too, don't have to wait until April)

Botch said:
[
I'm digging this. Thanks for letting me know about it, Pauly! (I found an inexpensive source too, don't have to wait until April)

:handgestures-thumbup:

PaulyT said:
Botch said:
[

:handgestures-thumbup:

You guys care to share this inexpensive source, or do you just want to rub it in?

:text-feedback:

Not sure what Botch is talking about, I got mine used on amazon months ago shortly after its European release, it wasn't dirt cheap but no more than any other new(ish) album.

Ah, it's going to be available April 2nd on Amazon for $9.99.

Pre-ordered that biotch. :teasing-neener:

Excellent! FYI I ordered that Eric Burdon album, had never heard of him, looking forward to listening to it.

Roy Orbison

Did y'all know that his trademarked sunglasses came about because he apparently forgot to bring his regular clear lens prescription glasses to a European tour? And all he had were his prescription sunglasses. Or so the liner notes say, that is.

51sy2AWL2cL.jpg

PaulyT said:
Excellent! FYI I ordered that Eric Burdon album, had never heard of him, looking forward to listening to it.

Never heard of this Eric Burdon?

510NXC6FEFL.jpg

51QFYbKrybL.jpg

61uDm3JGjSL.jpg

He's very, very good.

You forget, I lived under a rock until a few years ago, listening only to classical music... :oops:

~~^

Eric Burdon and his band go a long way back . . .
I'd all but forgoten them 'til BobR awhile back posted some of Eric's stuff from way back in the 60s
I'm sure a lot of people have never heard of Eric Burdon ... ~ :happy-smileygiantred:

Back