• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Are You Listening To?

41VleQ081hL.jpg

Rope

Their latest album in 4 years......

tumblr_mh57gfdDqK1qzwqylo1_r2_500.jpg

So far, I'm loving it. Doesn't hurt that it's been over 4 yrs since their last release.

Blues Traveler - "Truth Be Told"

I bought the DualDisc w/DVD-Audio 5.1 audio last summer kind of on a whim because the local hardware superstore (of all places) had it in bargain bin for five bucks.

Finally got around to listening to it (CD side only so far). Mostly I'm listening for any skips that occurred from importing it into iTunes, what with it being a DualDisc and all. Gotta love how the music industry thought they could sell us a funky disc with a CD side that was too thin for redbook standards (and relied heavily upon a player's error correction to even work, to boot!).

61ZVMTY0C5L._SX300_.jpg

Billy-Ocean---Greatest-Hits-Front-Cover-19419.jpg

A blast of Eighties synth-pop, ah. Wonder whatever happened to that guy.

Botch said:

I heard that the lady from his dreams finally got into his car. And by the time they got done making whoopie Grunge music happened.

Kazaam said:
Botch said:

I heard that the lady from his dreams finally got into his car. And by the time they got out of the love zone, she became a caribbean queen. Then Grunge music happened.
Fixed.

Zing said:
Kazaam said:
Botch said:

I heard that the lady from his dreams finally got into his car. And by the time they got out of the love zone, she became a caribbean queen. Then Grunge music happened.
Fixed.

I like. :handgestures-thumbup:

CD_NewBeg_face_lo.JPG

I "met" Michelle on one of my musician forums damn near ten years ago; she's an LA jazz/brazilian musician whom I've never had the chance to meet/listen to. This is her first album, I ordered it from Amazon but it had sold out before I got my copy; the new batch just came in and I'm giving it a listen now. Good Stuff! Recommended! :eusa-clap: :eusa-clap: :eusa-clap:

Did you know that it was the Oak Ridge Boys who sang back up on Paul Simon's "Slip Slidin' Away"?

51mcdk8T2ML.jpg

This "Best of" album contains tracks from the band's records they cut back when they were signed to Columbia between 1973 and 1976. This was before they hit it big. Here they're primarily still singing gospel, and I think the sound isn't a whole lot different than the secular country music they eventually switched over to (starting in 1977). Ultimately, I kind of think of this album almost like a hidden gem. A lost album of sorts.

Here are the tracks...

1. The Baptism of Jesse Taylor
2. Loves Me Like A Rock (fyi... writen by Paul Simon)
3. Why Me (fyi... written by Kris Kristofferson)
4. Rhythm Guitar
5. Freedom For The Stallion
6. Heaven Bound
7. He's Gonna Smile On Me
8. There Must Be A Better Way
9. Where The Soul Never Dies
10. Family Reunion (fyi... I think this one's pretty good.)

51i-o0TMU0L.jpg

1. Just Enough Money
2. Time Out
3. Walk In My Shoes
4. Steppin' Out
5. Look Me Up
6. Party Tonight
7. Just Like A Dream
8. Hard Times
9. No Escape
10. Freight Train

Pat Travers really put it all together on this collection of original Blues tinged hard rock songs.

"Look me up" is an instant classic, blistering guitar and heavy driving back beat make this pure bliss to listen too.

"Hard Times" and "Party Tonight" follow in the same mode, as P.T. takes one good lead into another for nothing less than a gutitar clinic.

Buy this CD today and rock out tomorrow!!

A little bit of this - Waiting Phase one and two.

51gxdGb52rL.jpg

And a little bit of that - Russia on Ice and Hatesong

51XY1ODiuJL.jpg

Ok this is different, not my usual style of music, but interesting stuff. Headed mainly by JB's tour drummer, Tal Bergman. I respect the way they recorded it live style - that is, musicians playing together as a group, rather than layering of separate tracks.

:text-link:

LA36839

212V8MG68NL.jpg

Pat Travers - Just A Touch

There is a lot of great guitar playing on this one...

:music-rockout: :music-rockout:

Botch said:
CD_NewBeg_face_lo.JPG

I "met" Michelle on one of my musician forums damn near ten years ago; she's an LA jazz/brazilian musician whom I've never had the chance to meet/listen to. This is her first album, I ordered it from Amazon but it had sold out before I got my copy; the new batch just came in and I'm giving it a listen now. Good Stuff! Recommended! :eusa-clap: :eusa-clap: :eusa-clap:

Give her my compliments as well, this is a good album! I'm listening to it right now and enjoying it very much. Great beat and percussion, piano, and the bassist is particularly awesome IMHO.

Back