• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Are You Listening To?

Today's work truck music...

c2a3c060ada0a6d4fd269110.L.jpg

Late For The Sky -- CD

Jackson Brown

1974/1990 Elektra Records

Amazon.com

His third album, and arguably his finest, Late for the Sky continues Browne's sincere self-analysis into positively grim territory. The title track concerns the lingering effects of a dead relationship and was featured in Martin Scorcese's film Taxi Driver. While "For a Dancer" confronts death head-on, "Farther On" explains the difficulties faced by us dorks who live life through books, films, or music; and "Before the Deluge" forecasts environmental gloom and doom. Guitarist David Lindley adds terrific counterpoint to Browne's musing, supporting the tracks with tasteful slide and fiddle work. --Rob O'Connor

All songs by Jackson Browne

"Late for the Sky" – 5:36
"Fountain of Sorrow" – 6:42
"Farther On" – 5:17
"The Late Show" – 5:09
"The Road and the Sky" – 3:04
"For a Dancer" – 4:42
"Walking Slow" – 3:50
"Before the Deluge" – 6:18

A great CD full of covers!

1316387620_pat-travers-dont-feed-the-alligators-2000.jpg

1 Black Friday
2 I Can Hear You Calling
3 Crosstown Traffic
4 Spanish Moon
5 Freedom
6 I Love You More Than You'll Ever Know
7 Don't Change Horses (In the Middle of a Stream)
8 I'm Bad, I'm Nationwide
9 Nothing Is Easy
10 Them Changes

51CTWmRdtiL.jpg

Big Band Soul -- Remastered CD - (2-fer)

Gene Harris Superband

1989/1991-2001 Concord Records

The vast majority of Gene Harris' Concord albums of the '80s and '90s were small-group efforts, which is probably just as well because the acoustic pianist had more room to stretch out and improvise when he was leading a trio, quartet, or quintet. But Harris did have a chance to oversee a big band when he led the Philip Morris Superband in the late '80s and early '90s. In 2002, Concord reissued Harris' two albums with the Superband -- Live at Town Hall, N.Y.C. and World Tour 1990 -- as the double-CD Big Band Soul. While Live at Town Hall, N.Y.C. was recorded at a New York concert in 1989, World Tour 1990 was recorded in a Sydney, Australia, studio the following year. Despite the fact that one is a live album and the other is a studio date, the albums are quite similar. Both favor arrangements that are very mindful of Count Basie, and both are enjoyable even if they are rather staid and fall short of essential. Nonetheless, there are some noteworthy soloists on this two-CD set, including tenor man James Moody on "Old Man River," trumpeter Harry "Sweets" Edison on "When It's Sleepy Time Down South," and alto saxophonist Jerry Dodgion on Duke Ellington's "Warm Valley" (which finds the saxman paying tribute to longtime Ellington altoist Johnny Hodges). Vocalists, thankfully, are not excluded; Ernie Andrews has some pleasing spots on "Our Love Is Here to Stay" and "I'm Just a Lucky So and So," while Ernestine Anderson is featured on "There Is No Greater Love" and "You're My Everything." Big Band Soul isn't recommended to casual listeners, but serious collectors will want to hear this double-CD (assuming they haven't already purchased the two albums separately). ~ Alex Henderson

Track Listing
DISC 1: LIVE AT TOWN HALL, N.Y.C.:
1. Surrey With the Fringe on Top, The
2. Creme de Menthe
3. When It's Sleepy Time Down South
4. Love Is Here to Stay
5. I'm Just a Lucky So and So
6. Serious Grease
7. Like a Lover
8. Ol' Man River
9. Do You Know What It Means to Miss New Orleans?
10. Porgy and Bess Medley: Strawberry Woman / I Loves You Porgy / It Ain't Necessarily So
11. You're My Everything
12. There Is No Greater Love
13. Things Ain't What They Used to Be

DISC 2: WORLD TOUR 1990:
1. Air Mail Special
2. Lonely Bottles
3. Child Is Born, A
4. Buhaina Buhaina
5. Don't Get Around Much Anymore
6. Lover
7. In the Wee Small Hours of the Morning
8. Tricotism
9. Centerpiece
10. Dear Blues
11. Nica's Dream
12. Girl Talk
13. Battle Royal
14. Warm Valley

e0091363ada037a3ab23f010.L.jpg

Jazz For The Quiet Times -- CD

Various Artists

1998 32 Jazz Records

Amazon.com

This fine compilation sustains a mellow sultriness for its 61-minute duration, putting an emphasis on timeless ballads and reflective, romantic tunes. Highlights include a marvelous rendition of "Body and Soul," featuring the dual tenors of Zoot Sims and Al Cohn, and a beautiful, Coltrane-inspired "Estate" by the young tenor saxophonist Antoine Roney. The compilation also contains some slow blues from alto greats Sonny Criss and Sonny Stitt. It ends appropriately enough on a Milesian mode, with trumpet men Russell Gunn and Wallace Roney each delivering a lovely, candle-lit sound poem. This well-balanced disc equally rewards attentive listening as well as provides the perfect sonic atmosphere for those ever-valuable quiet times. --Wally Shoup

1. Blues in My Heart
2. My Romance
3. The Good Life
4. Lament
5. Whisper Not
6. Body and Soul
7. Estate
8. One for My Baby (And One More for the Road)
9. Send in the Clowns
10. You Don't Know What Love Is
11. Smooch

71C0tyuUpQL.jpg

Jazz For The Open Road -- CD

Various Artists

1998 32 Jazz Records

Good groovin' jazz, October 17, 2001
By BangorBill (Bangor, ME United States) - See all my reviews

This review is from: Jazz for the Open Road (Audio CD)

The "Jazz for..." series by Jazz32 was one of the first influences to get me interested in jazz. Then I saw the Ken Burns jazz series on TV and it increased my interest still further. This cd, "Jazz for the Open Road," has a lot of groovin', upbeat numbers for when you are in a wide-awake mood. Or you want to be wide-awake, like when you are driving. This CD introduced me to Grant Green (guitar), Richard "Groove" Holmes (organ), David "Fathead" Newman (sax), and other great soul/groove performers. Of the first six releases in the "Jazz for..." series, this is the only one with a vocal track (Ernie Andrews, and it's a good one). All other tracks are purely instrumental, which I prefer most of the time for my jazz listening.

Track Listing
1. Iron City - Grant Green
2. Comin' Home Baby - Eddie "Lockjaw" Davis
3. Theme for Malcolm - Donald Byrd
4. Groove's Groove - Richard "Groove" Holmes
5. Shana - David "Fathead" Newman
6. All the Things You Are - Sonny Criss
7. When They Ask About You - Ernie Andrews
8. Tetragon - Woody Shaw
9. Bloomdido - Hank Jones
10. Red, Hot and Blue - Roomful of Blues

a3eb81b0c8a0cf55a995c110.L.jpg

Blues For A Rotten Afternoon -- CD

Various Artists

2000 Telarc Records

From the "ain't nothin' more authentic" dirge of Luther "Guitar Jr." Johnson's "So Mean to Me" to the barrelhouse cluckin' of Marty Grebb's "Hen House," this blatant copy of Joel Dorn's Jazz For- series combines true tales of loss with rather peppy pleas for love, wealth, and the other anti-ingredients of the blues. In true blues, everything gets lost, prompting Junior Wells to ask the somewhat musical question "Why Are People Like That" (a bluesy companion to Dylan's "Rainy Day Women"). While John Primer's "Brutal Hearted Woman" might be the culprit, Son Seals tells listeners that it can be the love itself that has the breakdown. In those cases where the problem is not your woman (which is actually the desired aim in Sugar Ray Norcia's blues-hearted "Life Will Be Better"), another common culprit is money (which is the titular theme of Debbie Davies' contribution). In the modern blues age, that can also mean a case of "Credit Card Blues," which Terry Evans diagnoses with insightful and cautionary humor. In the worst case scenario, love and money can combine for even more tragic results, as in Sam Lay's "Somebody's Gotta Do It." Though you may not want to admit it, there are times when the loss is your own darn fault, as in Kenny Neal's Cocker-esque "Killed the Goose That Laid the Golden Egg." Other times, the loss is not intentional, but still ends up being your fault, as in Lady Bianca's Motown-worthy heart-burner "How Do I Tell My Little Sister?" No matter what causes the pain, sometimes the only answer seems to be diving into a sea of drink, as Willie Dixon prepares to do in "If the Sea Was Whiskey." Other times, there isn't anything to do but sing the blues. Though the repertoire and cast of characters on this label sampler is impressive, nobody puts it together better than Maria Muldaur, whose aching "Misery and the Blues" sums it all up in more than name. ~ Matthew Robinson

1. Why Are People Like That? - Charles, Bobby [1]
2. Credit Card Blues - Evans, Terry
3. Misery and the Blues - LaVere, Charlie
4. Life Will Be Better - Norcia, Sugar Ray
5. So Mean to Me - Campbell, Milton
6. Money - Costagno, Don
7. Love Had a Breakdown - Seals, Frank "Son"
8. Killed the Goose That Laid the Golden Egg - Greenlee, Bob
9. How Do I Tell My Little Sister? - Lippitt, S.
10. Somebody Gotta Do It - Smith
11. If the Sea Was Whiskey - Caston, Leonard
12. Brutal Hearted Woman - Shines, Johnny
13. Hen House - Grebb, Marty

While preparing my 'signature' turtle brownies for arriving guest :D...I thought I would listen to the one & only Michael Bublé...

51EDAP60wkL.jpg

51eIRSjl6IL._SS500_.jpg

On How Life Is -- CD

Macy Gray

1999 Epic Records

That voice!
, February 28, 2000
By Caz (Pittsburgh, PA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: On How Life Is (Audio CD)

I had heard "Do Something" on MTV when this CD first came out... I enjoyed it, but wasn't bowled over. I'm usually not a big fan of R&B, soul music. A couple friends of mine played this CD in their car constantly at the end of last summer. I ended up purchasing the disc because I couldn't get "I Try" out of my head. This disc may not hit you immediately, but let me assure you IT WILL GROW ON YOU and you will love it! It's my favorite disc of 1999. I purchased it back in August and continue listening to it today. For a guy with a 700+ cd collection that says a lot. Most cd's find their way onto a shelf and rarely come back down. I saw Macy in concert here in Pittsburgh recently. She is an incredible talent and deserves much success. I consider my self an 'adult alternative' fan with tastes that range from Everything but the Girl to Dead Can Dance to Pet Shop Boys... love a real voice (Sarah, Sting), love drama (Erasure, Depeche Mode)... hate polish (Whitney, Mariah)... love Macy Gray. Check her out. You won't be disappointed!

1. "Why Didn't You Call Me" Macy Gray, Jeremy Ruzumna 3:14
2. "Do Something" Gray, Darryl Swann, Ruzumna, Dion Murdock, Patrick Brown, Raymon Murray, Rico Wade, Cameron Gipp, Robert Barnett, André Benjamin, Antwan Patton, Thomas Burton, Greg Mays, Daryl Barnes, George Clinton, Jr., Garry Shider, Bernard Worrell 5:00
3. "Caligula" Gray, Swann, Ruzumna 4:38
4. "I Try" Gray, Ruzumna, Jinsoo Lim, David Wilder 3:59
5. "Sex-o-Matic Venus Freak" Gray, Ruzumna, Murdock 3:57
6. "I Can't Wait to Meetchu" Gray, Swann, Ruzumna, Miles Tackett 5:18
7. "Still" Gray, Ruzumna, Bill Esses, Jeff Blue 4:15
8. "I've Committed Murder" Gray, Swann, Ruzumna, Kiilu Beckwith, Eddie Harris, Francis Lai, Carl Sigman 5:00
9. "A Moment to Myself" Gray, Ruzumna, Tackett, Mark Morales, Damon Wimbley 4:00
10. "The Letter" Gray, Jamie Houston, Matt Sherrod 5:38

6da7e03ae7a06bf83e30e110.L.jpg

Midnight In San Juan -- CD

Earl Klugh

1991 Warner Bros. Records

Excellent smooth Jazz with a Brazilian Jazz twist !!!, January 30, 2003
By Papetti "papetti" (Mexico City) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Midnight in San Juan (Audio CD)

Earl Klugh has always been recognized as a fantastic Jazz guitarist (following the school of Wes Montgomery & George Benson)and this album in particular is one of his best. Earl adds a super cool technique of Brazilian touch with compositions like: 1. <Kissin' on the Beach> where he's accompanied by Abraham Laboriel on Bass Guitar and Paulinho DaCosta on Percussions and 2.<Take you there>
also accompanied by Abraham Laboriel, Paulinho DaCosta, by the superb pianist Eliane Elias and Toots Thielmans on Harmonica.
Overall is a great album, don't miss it if you really like Jazz.

"Midnight in San Juan" - 5:53
"Every Moment with You" - 3:57
"Kissin' on the Beach" - 6:07
"She Never Said Why" - 4:32
"Movimientos del Alma (Rhythms of the Soul)" - 4:40
"Jamaican Winds" - 3:44
"Theme for a Rainy Day" - 5:26
"Take You There" - 7:06

2f18eb6709a06854eafa2110.L.jpg

August and Everything After -- CD

Counting Crows

1993 Geffen Records

Crows Fly High, December 21, 2000
By Thomas Magnum (NJ, USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE) (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER) (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: August & Everything After (Audio CD)

August & Everything After is the amazing debut from Counting Crows. They mix the lyrical stylings of Van Morrison and the rustic sounds of The Band with a dash of U2 thrown in for good measure. But despite these obvious influences, they band has a fresh and unique sound all their own. Adam Duritz uses a sharp pen in his writing and he has one of the most soulful and expressive voices in music. He practically bleeds on songs like somber "Round Here", the condemning of suburban life of "Perfect Blue Buildings" and the gorgeous and lilting "Sullivan Street". "Anna Begins" is a sweet love song and "Rain King" has a soaring sound to it. "Murder Of One" closes the album in a U2-esque, spiritual like rocker. "Mr. Jones" was the breakout song from the album and the one that gained the band large airplay. It is an immediate classic with a memorable guitar riff and vivid lyrics. Mr. Duritz says he wants to Bob Dylan in the song and he comes *** close on the song. The album was an alternative to the alternative music that dominated the airways at the time. The album was heaped with well-deserved praise, as it is one of the ten best of the 90's.

All tracks written by Adam Duritz unless otherwise indicated.

"Round Here" (Duritz, Dave Janusko, Dan Jewett, Chris Roldan, David Bryson) – 5:32
"Omaha" – 3:40
"Mr. Jones" (Duritz, Bryson) – 4:33
"Perfect Blue Buildings" – 5:01
"Anna Begins" (Duritz, Bryson, Marty Jones, Toby Hawkins, Lydia Holly) – 4:32
"Time and Time Again" (Duritz, Bryson, Charlie Gillingham, Steve Bowman, Don Dixon) – 5:13
"Rain King" (Duritz, Bryson) – 4:16
"Sullivan Street" (Duritz, Bryson) – 4:29
"Ghost Train" – 4:01
"Raining in Baltimore" – 4:41
"A Murder of One" (Duritz, Bryson, Matt Malley) – 5:44

6c03224b9da062f2e468b010.L.jpg

Never Too Much -- CD

Henry Johnson

1990 MCA Records

What a player September 12, 2012
By Roger B. Matthews
Format:Audio CD

This guy can really play. He has great style and taste with beautiful improvised lines. He currently plays with Ramsey Lewis and you should catch him live if you can. You can find his recordings on amazon and I highly recommend them, you won't be disappointed. Henry lives in Chicago and sometimes you can catch him at the Jazz showcase, Chicago's place for jazz. He also teaches guitar so you might be lucky enough to grab some lessons if you live in Chicago.

1. Never Too Much
2. Nightlife
3. A Love Like That
4. Telluride Nights
5. Don't Let Me Be Lonely Tonight
6. Urban Angel
7. Switties
8. Not Everyday
9. Romancing The Strings
10. Saratoga

51kXWCf7wRL._SS500_.jpg

The Benoit/Freeman Project -- CD

David Benoit / Russ Freeman

1994 GRP Records

The Benoit/Freeman project is a reunion of sorts, as both smooth jazz icons worked on 1986's landmark Rippingtons debut Moonlighting and together wrote Benoit's hit "Every Step of the Way." Since then, Freeman's career with that band and Benoit's as a solo artist spearheaded the smooth jazz movement while expanding the rules on just what modern jazz is. The new project combines the radio-friendly pleasures inherent in their separate endeavors with an exciting expansion and interplay of fresh and innovative ideas. Though the focus is clearly on the interplay between guitar and piano, the two are surrounded by all-star backing talent like Nathan East, Abe Laboriel, John Robinson, and former Rippingtons members Steve Reid and Tony Morales. Much attention was directed to Kenny Loggins' wonderful vocal performance of "When She Believed in Me," but the Phil Perry sung version of "After the Love Is Gone" is superfluous; it's beautiful but adds nothing to the original Earth, Wind & Fire arrangement. Instrumental highlights include "Mediterranean Nights" (a seven-minute meditation featuring symphonic elements and Freeman's rich electric guitar work), the percussive "Swept Away," moody "The End of Our Season," and a remake of "Mirage," one of Moonlighting's most beautiful tunes. The two seem to have been too busy for a follow-up, but smooth jazz could definitely benefit from another tandem brainstorm like this. ~ Jonathan Widran

Track Listing
1. Reunion
2. When She Believed in Me
3. Mediterranean Nights
4. Swept Away
5. End of Our Season, The
6. After the Love Has Gone
7. Smarty Pants
8. It's the Thought That Counts
9. Mirage
10. That's All I Could Say

Dennie said:

Various Artists

2000 Telarc Records

I rarely consider buying an album just for the cover, but... :handgestures-thumbup:

Botch said:
Dennie said:

Various Artists

2000 Telarc Records

I rarely consider buying an album just for the cover, but... :handgestures-thumbup:

And.......

The music is good too! :banana-dance:

Dennie :eek:bscene-drinkingcheers:

51kDL99BO7L.jpg

The Jazzmasters 1 -- CD

Paul Hardcastle -Gary Barnacle - Helen Rogers

1993 Fast Forward/JVC Records

Paul and Helen The Most Magical Duo August 4, 2009
By E. Lee Brown
Format:Audio CD

Funny, I was stationed in Europe in the 80's when jazz infused with pop/r&b/and house music began to take over the European dance scene. Well back in the States I missed that smooth flavor with timeless thoughts of being carefree. I happened to be working as a police officer in a MAJOR city when I was writing a report and I overheard this music coming from a parked vehicle. Upon hearing the third song "Body Heat" I went over to that vehicle and startled the guys with my presence and politely asked, "whose that singing? This flava reminds me of European style of jazz." One gentleman replied, "Jazzmasters, and they are from the UK."

Well, I've been hooked on "Jazzmasters" ever since and that was in 1992. 2009, I play this cd as well as the other "Jazzmaster" series and I'm still a fanatic of Paul Hardcastle and the lovely, dynamic, stylistic sounds of Helen Rogers as if it was my first listening. All songs off "Jazzmasters" have become a special part of me. "Blue Days" lift me when I'm feeling a bit down, "Body Heat," and "Northern Lights" just set your mind free from whatever. When I'm ending my holiday I play "see You in July" it is most appropriate. "Jazzmasters" is some of the best genuinely produced work that I've ever heard. With that being said "Jazzmasters" is a MUST HAVE for every jazz/pop/soul enthusiast, you will not be dissappointed. I've gatherered quite the collection of Paul's and Helen's "Jazzmasters" over the years and it continues to grow with every released effort.

Track Listing
1. Sound of Summer
2. Blue Days
3. Northern Lights
4. Really Miss Your Love
5. Heaven
6. Lost Summer
7. Without Love
8. Body Heat
9. Strollin'
10. Hearts of Space
11. Blowin' Free
12. See You in July

Lara_Fabian-Lara_Fabian.jpg

I REALLY like Lara!!!!!!

Very sweet & soulful!!!! Beautiful too!!!! A BIG :handgestures-thumbup: for Babs!!!

My personal favorite from this is...track 11...'I Will Love Again' ;)

Dennie said:
2f18eb6709a06854eafa2110.L.jpg

"Round Here" (Duritz, Dave Janusko, Dan Jewett, Chris Roldan, David Bryson)
"Mr. Jones" (Duritz, Bryson)

I have always been a fan of the Counting Crows! My two favorites!!!^^ :handgestures-thumbup:

Today's work truck music....

51swzvFYS8L.jpg

Detours -- CD

Sheryl Crow

2007 A&M Records

Amazon.com

Thematically, Detours may not seem like much of a detour to Sheryl Crow fans. Her politics pour out of these songs the way you might expect them to if you caught wind of her epic cross-country bus trip, with the activist Laurie David, to promote environmental awareness months prior to this release. From the quiet, faraway-sounding opener "God Bless This Mess"--a novel in a song--to the catchy but thought-provoking "Gasoline," it's clear that Crow has more on her mind these days than soaking up the sun or having a little fun, à la the Tuesday Night Music Club era. Yet there's not a groan-worthy song on this standout rock/pop/folk/blues album. If the themes are heavy (in addition to the political songs, there's an almost painfully tender lullaby for her son Wyatt and one, "Make It Go Away [Radiation Song]," that touches on her breast-cancer experience), the mood is cathartic, determined, hopeful at times and sad at others. "Now That You're Gone" grabs at clarity through the clouds of a devastating love affair and gets it, and "Peace Be Upon Us" picks apart pettiness and arrives at a wide-minded beauty. George Harrison seems present in some of these songs, especially the more personal ones ("Drunk with the Thought of You," "Love Is All There Is"). And that may be the highest compliment that Sheryl Crow, who seems to admire his gentle soul and shares his big heart, could ask for. --Tammy La Gorce

1. "God Bless This Mess" Crow 2:09
2. "Shine Over Babylon" Crow, Bill Bottrell Crow, Bottrell, Brian MacLeod, Eric Schermerhorn 4:03
3. "Love Is Free" Crow, Bottrell Crow, Bottrell 3:23
4. "Peace Be Upon Us" (feat. Ahmed Al Hirmi) Crow, Mike Elizondo, Bottrell, Jeff Trott 4:22
5. "Gasoline" (featuring Ben Harper) Crow, Trott, Bottrell 5:07
6. "Out of Our Heads" Bottrell, Crow Bottrell 4:28
7. "Detours" Crow 3:29
8. "Now That You're Gone" Crow 3:51
9. "Drunk with the Thought of You" Crow 2:39
10. "Diamond Ring" Crow, Trott 4:10
11. "Motivation" Crow, Bottrell Crow, Bottrell 3:47
12. "Make It Go Away (Radiation Song)" Crow 3:24
13. "Love Is All There Is" Crow, Elizondo, Trott 4:01
14. "Lullaby for Wyatt" Crow 4:09
Total length:
52:55

51pwed1bcbL.jpg

For Hamp, Red, Bags and Cal -- CD

Gary Burton

2001 Concord Records

It is only logical that Gary Burton, the modern master of the vibraphone, should pay tribute to the giants of his instrument in the past. With this set, Burton offers homage to Lionel Hampton (Hamp), Red Norvo, Milt Jackson (Bags), and Cal Tjader by performing and updating their greatest signature tunes. Burton has long been recognized as having culminated all the developments of these past masters into his own virtuoso style. Here he expertly displays these abilities on the very pieces that inspired him along the way.The disc mainly alternates between sophisticated Latin grooves, as in the opening classic "Afro Blue," and traditional swing numbers like Hampton's great "Flying Home." Burton shows the uncanny ability to be both a technical wizard, employing a flurrying barrage of four-mallet technique, and to swing unrelentingly. Cuts like the old fashioned "Back Home Again In Indiana" and Denzil Best's swinger "Move" exhibits these abilities to the fullest. In the end, the two most intriguing tracks are the ending tributes to Red Norvo, the ragtime "Hole in the Wall" and the impressionistic "Dance of the Octopus," which find Burton performing on xylophone and marimba, respectively.

Track Listing
1. Afro Blue (Cal)
2. Bags' Groove (Bags)
3. Move (Red)
4. Midnight Sun (Hamp)
5. Flying Home (Hamp)
6. Django (Bags)
7. Back Home Again in Indiana (Red)
8. Body and Soul (Cal)
9. Godchild (Red)
10. Joao (Cal)
11. Hole in the Wall (Red)
12. Dance of the Octopus (Red)

Personnel: Gary Burton (vibraphone, marimba, xylophone); Russell Malone (guitar); Mulgrew Miller, Makoto Ozone, Danilo Perez (piano); Christian McBride, John Patitucci (bass); Horacio Hernandez, Lewis Nash (drums); Luis Quintero (percussion).Recorded at Avatar Studio C, New York, New York on May 11, 23 & 24, 2000 and at Berklee Recording Studio, Boston, Massachusetts on June 3, 2000. Includes liner notes by Neil Tesser."Move" was nominated for the 2002 Grammy Award for Best Jazz Instrumental Solo.

Back