1. Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Folks, I'm playing with the behavior of the titles and banners; you may want to read the relevant thread in the Forum Suggestions area.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Listening To?

Discussion in 'Music' started by Rope, Aug 24, 2010.

1. Botch

Botch I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S! Superstar

[​IMG]

Didn't know Todd was even still active. Interesting mix of guests, including Donald Fagen, Bettye LaVette, Joe Walsh, Daryl Hall (that tune sounds exactly like vintage H&O), Trent Reznor, Joe Satriani.
    And here's a neat political tune from two guys who don't normally do political tunes:

And it might feel like a coup d'-etat,
    But its gonna be yuge, yuge, yuge....

:happy:

Last edited: May 20, 2017
  2. Zing

Zing Retired Admin Famous

[​IMG]

Just for kicks, before any of you check out the album (or the video below) take a look at this face and try to imagine what her (singing) voice sounds like.

[​IMG]

GO!

PaulyT likes this.
  3. JeffMackwood

JeffMackwood Maxi-Me

Been listening to this this evening.

The Steven Wilson 5.1 remix is outstanding!

But what's way cool is that DVD-1 also contains the original Quad (4.0) mix. To listen to that one properly you will likely, like me, need to move your listening position forward such that you are dab smack in the centre of the "X" made by your mains and side surrounds. Of course it works even better when those speakers are identical stacks of Koss CM/1030s! :)

Jeff

4. Flint

Flint "Do you know who I am?" Superstar

5. heeman

heeman Well-Known Member Famous

^ I believe that Rachel and Pete have had a thing going on for quite sometime?

6. Flint

Yep; for over a decade, I believe.

7. heeman

How is her album : Shine

8. Flint

Very good, not amazing, but got it cheap and it will make a great addition to a mellow, light, cocktail party mix.

9. Flint

Engrossing and stunning!

[​IMG]

10. PaulyT

PaulyT Behind the Curtain Staff Member Administrator Moderator Superstar

I'm a big fan of Sokolov. I'll have to check that one out.

11. hawk52

hawk52 Well-Known Member

I'm sure this will impress you. Via Echo, on Iheartradio, Beatleandfriends. For you not from the Golden Age and the era when a mopped head music group changed and influenced the music you listen to 55 or so years later check it out.

12. mcad64

mcad64 Well-Known Member

This is kind of a hoot...

heeman likes this.
  13. mcad64

mcad64 Well-Known Member

My children made me buy this a couple years ago...I actually don't hate it!!!

[​IMG]

14. Xgm3

Xgm3 Active Member

heeman likes this.
  15. Flint

Really getting into the new Lindsey Buckingham Christine McVie album. It does sound like much of what Fleetwood Mack did, but it fresh, clean, and a tad Caribbean, which I love. Mick Fleetwood plays the drums and John McVie plays bass, so it is smooth as shit while remaining energetic. Just one more contributor and this would be a Fleetwood Mac album.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
    Batman and heeman like this.
  16. JeffMackwood

JeffMackwood Maxi-Me

It's hard to believe it's been four (4) years since Lorde burst onto the scene with Pure Heroine.

To say that there's been pent-up expectation for her follow-up album would be a gross understatement.

Well the wait is over with the release of Melodrama (officially tomorrow.)

This is a fabulous album - easily as good as Pure Heroine to my ears. So if you liked the latter one, get this one.

Two tracks had been released as teasers a number of weeks ago. There's no dogs among the remaining nine - in fact the opposite is true.

So much so that it's hard to pick faves right now. Gun to my head I'd have to say "The Louvre" and "Sober."

A1C4gbArQ4L__SL1500_ (Medium).jpg

heeman likes this.
  17. Flint

Now I am rocking to the classic rock/pop stylings of The Bayonets with the album, "Crash Boom Bang!"

These guys are truly professional and the soul and depth of their artistry is clearly apparent. Without getting showy, they are clearly masters of their art. Rock legends Oliver Leiber (Ke$ha, Rod Stewart, The Corrs, and Brian Ray (Paul McCartney, Etta James) lead this band and have proper contributions from other great legends, like Steven Tyler, Davey Faragher, and Lucrecia Lopez Sanz, making this a classic of solid rock.

[​IMG]

JeffMackwood likes this.
  18. heeman

Listened to it for the first time in the Home Theater.

A little bit more Poppy than her debut............

Maybe 3 very good songs, the rest too Poppy...........

Mixing is very good like the last............

Will listen a few more times on the plane this week.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  19. heeman

One of the best Engineered/Mixed CD's that I have heard in a very long time.............................

20. hawk52

hawk52 Well-Known Member

Decided to get a Turntable I could use on my Marantz receiver. I went with Audio-Technica AT LP60 BT. It had a $60 instant Manu rebate. Got via B&H. for the value not bad. Has BT and built in pre amp. So plugs in direct to a non phono input. The Marantz does not have a phono in.
    Pulled a few album out and started with this. Have not listened to John Hammond in a very long time.
    [​IMG]