• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Are You Listening To?

41vPq7tJ2qL.jpg

Didn't know Todd was even still active. Interesting mix of guests, including Donald Fagen, Bettye LaVette, Joe Walsh, Daryl Hall (that tune sounds exactly like vintage H&O), Trent Reznor, Joe Satriani.
And here's a neat political tune from two guys who don't normally do political tunes:

And it might feel like a coup d'-etat,
But its gonna be yuge, yuge, yuge....

:happy:

Last edited:
R-9685823-1486375983-7510.jpeg.jpg

Just for kicks, before any of you check out the album (or the video below) take a look at this face and try to imagine what her (singing) voice sounds like.

IZO_FITZROY-Press-Pic-2-Credit-James-Hole-e1480603658463.jpg

GO!

61nR53IuQKL.jpg

I LOVE this album, definitely my favorite of the JTs I've heard. This is still kinda pricey (~$38) but looks interesting - multiple CDs and DVDs of remixed audio, and live concert footage. May get this one when it arrives next month...

https://smile.amazon.com/Songs-Wood-2DVD-Jethro-Tull/dp/B06XZWT72V/
Been listening to this this evening.

The Steven Wilson 5.1 remix is outstanding!

But what's way cool is that DVD-1 also contains the original Quad (4.0) mix. To listen to that one properly you will likely, like me, need to move your listening position forward such that you are dab smack in the centre of the "X" made by your mains and side surrounds. Of course it works even better when those speakers are identical stacks of Koss CM/1030s! :)

Jeff

I'm a big fan of Sokolov. I'll have to check that one out.

I'm sure this will impress you. Via Echo, on Iheartradio, Beatleandfriends. For you not from the Golden Age and the era when a mopped head music group changed and influenced the music you listen to 55 or so years later check it out.

Really getting into the new Lindsey Buckingham Christine McVie album. It does sound like much of what Fleetwood Mack did, but it fresh, clean, and a tad Caribbean, which I love. Mick Fleetwood plays the drums and John McVie plays bass, so it is smooth as shit while remaining energetic. Just one more contributor and this would be a Fleetwood Mac album.

size=708x398.jpg

Last edited:
It's hard to believe it's been four (4) years since Lorde burst onto the scene with Pure Heroine.

To say that there's been pent-up expectation for her follow-up album would be a gross understatement.

Well the wait is over with the release of Melodrama (officially tomorrow.)

This is a fabulous album - easily as good as Pure Heroine to my ears. So if you liked the latter one, get this one.

Two tracks had been released as teasers a number of weeks ago. There's no dogs among the remaining nine - in fact the opposite is true.

So much so that it's hard to pick faves right now. Gun to my head I'd have to say "The Louvre" and "Sober."

A1C4gbArQ4L__SL1500_ (Medium).jpg

Now I am rocking to the classic rock/pop stylings of The Bayonets with the album, "Crash Boom Bang!"

These guys are truly professional and the soul and depth of their artistry is clearly apparent. Without getting showy, they are clearly masters of their art. Rock legends Oliver Leiber (Ke$ha, Rod Stewart, The Corrs, and Brian Ray (Paul McCartney, Etta James) lead this band and have proper contributions from other great legends, like Steven Tyler, Davey Faragher, and Lucrecia Lopez Sanz, making this a classic of solid rock.

ACH003953237.1492746907.320x320.jpg

It's hard to believe it's been four (4) years since Lorde burst onto the scene with Pure Heroine.

To say that there's been pent-up expectation for her follow-up album would be a gross understatement.

Well the wait is over with the release of Melodrama (officially tomorrow.)

This is a fabulous album - easily as good as Pure Heroine to my ears. So if you liked the latter one, get this one.

Two tracks had been released as teasers a number of weeks ago. There's no dogs among the remaining nine - in fact the opposite is true.

So much so that it's hard to pick faves right now. Gun to my head I'd have to say "The Louvre" and "Sober."

View attachment 6923

Listened to it for the first time in the Home Theater.

A little bit more Poppy than her debut............

Maybe 3 very good songs, the rest too Poppy...........

Mixing is very good like the last............

Will listen a few more times on the plane this week.

Last edited:
Really getting into the new Lindsey Buckingham Christine McVie album. It does sound like much of what Fleetwood Mack did, but it fresh, clean, and a tad Caribbean, which I love. Mick Fleetwood plays the drums and John McVie plays bass, so it is smooth as shit while remaining energetic. Just one more contributor and this would be a Fleetwood Mac album.

size=708x398.jpg

One of the best Engineered/Mixed CD's that I have heard in a very long time.............................

Decided to get a Turntable I could use on my Marantz receiver. I went with Audio-Technica AT LP60 BT. It had a $60 instant Manu rebate. Got via B&H. for the value not bad. Has BT and built in pre amp. So plugs in direct to a non phono input. The Marantz does not have a phono in.
Pulled a few album out and started with this. Have not listened to John Hammond in a very long time.
MI0002107561.jpg

Back