• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Are You Listening To?

I have been listening to the new album from Cheap Trick called "We're All Alright!".

Cheap-Trick-4-e1493660215877-300x200.jpg

What a great and unexpected work of musical art this album is. As much as I love Bun E. Carlos (he was one of my mentors back in the day), the energy of the new drummer (Rick's son) is great for the current era. The music is catchy, the only way Cheap Trick can be, with great melodies, high energy and emotionally heavy when necessary. This sounds more like the Cheap Trick from the 1970s than their more recent work. I love it.

I have been listening to the new album from Cheap Trick called "We're All Alright!".

Cheap-Trick-4-e1493660215877-300x200.jpg

What a great and unexpected work of musical art this album is. As much as I love Bun E. Carlos (he was one of my mentors back in the day), the energy of the new drummer (Rick's son) is great for the current era. The music is catchy, the only way Cheap Trick can be, with great melodies, high energy and emotionally heavy when necessary. This sounds more like the Cheap Trick from the 1970s than their more recent work. I love it.
Hmm, that one flew below my radar. Thanks for highlighting it.

41JM82JG7PL.jpg

I thought this was fitting after dinner music, pre-fireworks...I have two whole days off!!! Planning on enjoying my hubby, eating a lot, Bloody Mary's with friends in the am, being patriotic...very happy!!!

Happy Birthday, America!! :happy:

51VUBUShTzL.jpg

Got this a while ago, probably from a recommendation here somewhere. I must not have been in the right mood when I first listened to it, because it didn't do anything for me and I didn't bring it up again until just recently. Now... I love it! There's some great depth to this music, I love the writing and arrangements, great performances on all the various instruments. Not sure why I didn't catch on to this earlier...

51VUBUShTzL.jpg

Got this a while ago, probably from a recommendation here somewhere. I must not have been in the right mood when I first listened to it, because it didn't do anything for me and I didn't bring it up again until just recently. Now... I love it! There's some great depth to this music, I love the writing and arrangements, great performances on all the various instruments. Not sure why I didn't catch on to this earlier...
I may have to give it another try too, then. It went "bleh" for me the first time.

^^Big Rumble and Country Doctor have been two of my favorites from Hot House since it came out. Big Rumble just has a great groove and Country Doctor has some exceptionally intricate piano riffs between verses.

^^Big Rumble and Country Doctor have been two of my favorites from Hot House since it came out. Big Rumble just has a great groove and Country Doctor has some exceptionally intricate piano riffs between verses.
Ya. And I also really like Tango King, it's got a fascinating rhythm. I'm not good at dissecting time signatures by ear, but it seems to be alternating bars of 4/4 - 5/4. And yeah, plenty of good piano playing all around.

music_review_-_the_isley_brothers__santana_91038_c0-313-1500-1187_s561x327.jpg

I had high hopes for this one. Muddy-sounding, and Carlos overplays on just about everything. They did do a muscular cover of SW's "Higher Ground" that everyone is burning on, nice.

Oops! My bad.

But in my defense, a lot of their stuff sounds very much the same, and they are playing in the same genre pool. (And Schiller has an album called Opus.)

From the album Harlem Orchestras 1927-31, the incredible Bubber Miley and his Mileage Makers. My kinda jazz!

Looking to track down more of his stuff, including this one if I can find a copy at a decent price.

untitled (Custom).png

Back