• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Are You Listening To?

Appropriate beverage in hand, now listening (for the first time) to

bcc4.jpg

The War on Drugs. A Deeper Understanding.

Really digging it. (Awaiting for someone to poo poo it)

As I prepare for a celestial experience I'm listening to Amazon 80s Rock. So far

Bon Jovi
ZZ Top
Tom Petty
Chicago
Rush
Queen
Europe
Ratt
Yes
Bryan Adams
Poison
Update to play list... Need to get the mullet going
Whitesnake
Motley Crue
38 Special
Rolling Stones
John Mellencamp
Dire Straits
Forigner
Eddie Money
Def Leppard

Last edited:
Pretty good so far, on my first listen finally (it's been sitting on my desk for a while, sigh):

img1466522019192-168-1-139.jpg

Thank-You-Scientist-Stranger-Heads-Prevail-cover.jpg

I've discovered a band called Thank You Scientists. They are fucking strange! They are incredibly talented with every instrument you could imagine in a rock band, guitars, drums, bass, keyboards, brass, and violin. They jump effortlessly between styles such as Shoe-Gazing Youth Metal, Jazz Fusion, Speed Metal, Brass Rock (Chicago), Brazilian, Cuban, Euro-Prog-Rock, Southern Prog (Mars Volta), Gypsy Jazz, and strange ethnic stylings you'd not expect.

I cannot stop listening because while I find it a tad cliché, the musicianship and the innate ease and just good sound is worth my time. I love it.

Still in the process of ripping a bunch of CDs to my library and I just went from Pantera to Pebbles. So, I am listening to a bit of a variety right now.

Back