• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Are You Listening To?

61-sBi9tJyL._SL1000_.jpg

@PaulyT :) ;) :) Enjoying this while in the kitchen prepping for Christmas Eve dinner! Thanks, Pauly!!!

A quick listen before heading out for the evening.
Jethro Tull Songs from the Wood. This album has in my opinion the best Christmas song on it. "Ring out solstice bells".

Clicked on Spotify's Discover Weekly playlist -- first song on the list, Lightsabre Cocksucking Blues by Mclusky. I don't even have to listen to it to know that I love it.

And it has the best cat video of all time... Link

Well, based on the weather, I asked Alexa to fire up Stormy Day Blues Radio on Pandora. Very fitting.

Band of Gypsys Hendrix at Fillmore East New Year's Eve 69 going into 70. Was 17 thought me and a couple of other morons could show up and just get tickets. Well did not happen. Had a great time outside but found our way to the Village and it was a unique experience. In another post I noted some of the my life events would raise a hair on your back. As I recall this might be a one of those.

I needed a reminder of how things get done right... been binge watching YouTube videos of James Brown live through the ages. That man knew how to do it right.

Then you can take a group of three avant garde musicians who have mastered their instruments with creative genius then have them write and play 4 minute hit pop songs and you might get The Police. Watching some of the early live concerts, they are clearly way more talented than they should be, with chords, arrangements, and skills far exceeding the popular happy dance character of the music:

The police to me were as ground breaking as Nirvana, arguably more so. I can remember when they first hit, people were blown away.

I've been enjoying some great pop, recently known as Power Pop, from the great Teenage Fanclub:

A bit of nostalgic tonight. Eagles and now Santana all via Amazon's Unlimited. Next will be Cranberries, so sad for the loss of Dolores.

The last two days I've been working my way through my "top 500" playlist that I have on my iPod Touch - poolside through a pair of Denon headphones that I brought with me. Added bonus of reducing my ears' sun exposure!

Songs ordered alphabetically by title. I'm part way through the Bs. So far the highlights have been the Five Man Electrical Band's Absolutely Right; The Tragically Hip's Ahead By A Century; Stan Rogers' Barrett's Privateers; and the Patti Smith Group's Because The Night. Although, because it is my own greatest hits compilation, they're all good. But with sun, water, margaritas, and bikinis thrown into the mix, those four stood out.

Jeff

In The Kitchen this evening...:happy:

Well...this has happened to me repeatively lately. I can’t post anything from a URL...

Anyhoo, I am listening to Adele 25.

Back