• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What are you watching via streaming?

Yeah we watched three of the Good Omens a few days ago, loved it! I'm a huge fan of David Tennant.
I've never watched Dr. Who, but knew he had played him from when he stepped down. I was looking more forward to Michael Sheen's character, but have to admit, David is just divine in this, pun intended.

Wife and I watched the new movie by Randall Park and Ali Wong on Netflix called Always be my maybe. It was a cute movie that had it's funny moments, and the chemistry between the two actors was decent enough that I would like to see a sequel.

We then watched the first episode of Good Omens on Prime. I liked it more than my wife, but by the end of the episode she had put her phone down and was actually interested in what was going on. The show won't be for everybody, but it's quirky enough that I'm liking it.
I will have to turn in my man card for admitting this but I enjoyed "Always be my Maybe". My wife watched it independent of me and said it was "meh". Maybe I just have a predilection for Asian women!!??:bouncygrin:

For about two weeks now I have guiltily watch the "true crime" show "A Crime to Remember" via Hulu. I guess it airs ond discovery Investigation a channel I never watched.

Each episode is a one crime from 50-80 years ago "dramitized" with a running narration. I cannot vouch for the accuracy but one of the episodes was on the Sam Shepard case which I am very familiar with and it was a fair representation. It is interesting to see how investigations played out before all the evidentiary technology we have today.

I will have to turn in my man card for admitting this but I enjoyed "Always be my Maybe". My wife watched it independent of me and said it was "meh". Maybe I just have a predilection for Asian women!!??:bouncygrin:
Ali Wong is a pretty lady, no doubt about that. And while it was a rom com, it wasn't so mushy that us men couldn't watch it as well.

I was excited to see that the 3rd season of Jessica Jones was out! Then I went to watch it only to realize I somehow completely missed season 2. At first I was disappointed I hadn't watched it. And then...

Whoop!!!!

I've got two whole seasons to watch!!!!!

Started watching the new series on Hulu Das Boot from the book and movie of the same name. Watched 1.5 episodes and will continue for now.

Dialogue is in german with Englih subtitles fo if you don't care for subtitles steer clear of this one.

Veronica Mars on Hulu. I watched the entire series when it came out 15 years ago. Hulu is premiering a new 4th season in a few weeks and the entire previous 3 seasons are now available.

The new series on CNN "The Movies", a look back on the movies by decade. Not sure why they start with the 1980's there were 70+ years of films prior to 1980.

The Rain on Netflix. Scandinavian post apocalyptic show. Only thing that seems to get my kids out of there respective rooms after supper to join the old man for some tv viewing.
v1.dDsyOTMwNDU7ajsxODEzODsxMjAwOzE1MDA7MjIyMg

"The Boys" a new series on Prime. Watched the frirst episode this morning (perk of retirement).

A world where super heroes have been franchised and monetized and the heroes themselves have all the foibles and moral short givings of nirmal folks. Collateral damage to citizens happens frequently and major coverups take place. Some civvies are fed up and start to get even.

More info would be a spoiler but loks like a good one. Production vales are excellent.

I started watching the Sci-Fi series, "Another Life," on Netflix yesterday. I am halfway through the second episode and while the premise, concept, and general sense of situational stress is interesting and compelling, some of the actors are clearly amateurs next to the real pros on the show. Likewise, about a third of the dialog is bizarre and very poorly written. Why a crew of highly trained "best of the best" astronauts immediately start behaving like 12 year old girls who just found out the cute boy is interested in someone they don't like is confusing to me. They leap from incredibly logical and responsible language and actions to stupid and moronically rash behavior in seconds. Its like half the writers have never read a book or seen a good movie.

Because the writing is too often idiotic, the scientific facts I need to accept even though physics demands them impossible are becoming distracting.

I am still on the fence as to whether I truly love this show or absolutely hate it. I struggle to find a middle position because the potential is great.

Last edited:
I started watching the Sci-Fi series, "Another Life," on Netflix yesterday. I am halfway through the second episode and while the premise, concept, and general sense of situational stress is interesting and compelling, some of the actors are clearly amateurs next to the real pros on the show. Likewise, about a third of the dialog is bizarre and very poorly written. Why a crew of highly trained "best of the best" astronauts immediately start behaving like 12 year old girls who just found out the cute boy is interested in someone they don't like is confusing to me. They leap from incredibly logical and responsible language and actions to stupid and moronically rash behavior in seconds. Its like half the writers have never read a book or seen a good movie.

Because the writing is too often idiotic, the scientific facts I need to accept even though physics demands them impossible are becoming distracting.

I am still on the fence as to whether I truly love this show or absolutely hate it. I struggle to find a middle position because the potential is great.

Now I am feeling old. The characters are behaving like stereotypical charactatures of dumb, mindless, uneducated millenials. They are pointlessly sexual, overreact to damn near everything, lack empathy, and there is far too much intersectional propaganda thrown in to demonstrate how "woke" the show is.

I am hanging on, deep into ep. 6, but I may lose interest soon.

Okay, I gave up. "Another Life" just kept getting worse and couldn't handle anymore.

Okay, I gave up. "Another Life" just kept getting worse and couldn't handle anymore.

Now I am just angry. This series showed promise. The concept was interesting, having stolen the best ideas from dozens of other sci-fi stories. But the characters where comically stupid and unrealistically cartoonish. I couldn't understand any of the reactions they had to any situation. The technology was moronic (something I tend to forgive in these shows because if they cannot travel faster than light or talk to an AI powered ship, the story kinda falls flat), but to think that every system on their interstellar ship would fail on a regular basis was idiotic. The fact that these scientists would approach new worlds like idiotic children making every single bad choice they could possibly make was stupid, stupid, stupid. The hours wasted on the lead character's emotional baggage from years ago - completely unprompted - was pointless and just created a false pathos which did very little to advance the plot. The need to have intersectional characters which were silly comical affectations of reality was annoying. And all the unjustified emotional outbursts was insane!!!! What's the point???

Ugh....

So, to settle my brain, I invented a theory as to why it was like this. I created a back story that the path we are on today, creating fragile baby-adults who cannot handle contrary viewpoints and true free speech - a society of whiners, victims and entitled idiots - changed human society as a whole into a bunch of morons who somehow managed to survive and continue to invent technology. So, the human who went to another world to understand the strange thing that came to Earth were basically the worst of modern culture made the norm.

City on a hill is really really good. Kevin Bacon does a great job with the part. Reminds me of how the wire shed light on what a mess Baltimore is/was. This sheds light on 1980's corruption in Boston.

streaming the avengers endgame via ps4. you have ro purchase it, and for my needs and situation it works for me,.

My wife started watching Stranger Things and I got sucked in this past weekend. We binged through the 1st and 2nd season.

Back