• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What are you watching via streaming?

I have had a really hard time getting into the whole series, only watched first two episodes of season 1.

I was never a big Tom Clancy fan, maybe that has something to do with it.

Yeah, if the spy stuff isn't your thing, I'd definitely stay away from both seasons.

I've been struggling with the stupid beginner mistakes the Ryan character keeps making - like really obvious dumb ass things no agent ever allowed in the field would ever under any circumstance possibly make. Leaving top secret documents out in the room REGARDLESS of having a guest or not is horrible enough, but then bringing someone into the room whom you've just met in a bar in a foreign nation???? Noway!!!!

I've been struggling with the stupid beginner mistakes the Ryan character keeps making - like really obvious dumb ass things no agent ever allowed in the field would ever under any circumstance possibly make. Leaving top secret documents out in the room REGARDLESS of having a guest or not is horrible enough, but then bringing someone into the room whom you've just met in a bar in a foreign nation???? Noway!!!!

Yup...

I signed up for the free trial of Disney+ this morning. Chose the annual subscription rate of $69.99/year if I keep it after the 7 days (which I most likely will).

I thought about the Disney - Hulu - ESPN package but then saw it is only the standard Hulu with commercials and also I have no use for ESPN. I will keep my Huku Plus.

Well I guess it is to be expected in first day roll out it is a bit of A mess. Took me multiple times to open the channel app and seems a bit clunky

Still trying to figure out how to access 4k material

You' d think Disney would have this figured out

I am super excited about Disney+. We took advantage of that deal they had a few months back where I was able to get 36 months of service for $147.

Based on what Disney has done to ruin or hamper great stories like Star Wars and much of the Marvel universe created after they got their hands on it, I am not interested in their service at this time. However, if they yank their ABC content from Hulu to put it exclusively on Disney+, I may be singing a different tune.

I’m very interested in Disney+ if only for The Mandalorian. But man I’m inching towards where I was with Dish a couple years ago as far as cost/mo.

I’m very interested in Disney+ if only for The Mandalorian. But man I’m inching towards where I was with Dish a couple years ago as far as cost/mo.

Just got done watching the first episode of The Mandolarian. It is the only one available at this time.

Pretty good, nice production values.

Well I guess it is to be expected in first day roll out it is a bit of A mess. Took me multiple times to open the channel app and seems a bit clunky

Still trying to figure out how to access 4k material

You' d think Disney would have this figured out

The movies listed as 4 k are not being transmitted in that format but 1080p. At least in my case

Aww fuck! I bit the bullet on Disney+ tonight....my sons and I get too much enjoyment out of watching all of our shows and movies together. We watched the first episode of The Mandalorian and LOVED it.

Finished Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan season 2. Will give two responses hidden under a Spoiler heading..

After my initial review noted above that I made a couple of episodes into the season, it didn't keep up. In the end, I'm revising to a C-.

They really REALLY jumped the shark on this one. ESPECIALLY the ending. I mean, being able to fly a helicopter onto the Presidential palace grounds at the end and then with a force of 5 people (or whatever it was), take out the entire security force of the palace without a death... Ugh... could not be more disappointed. I mean, I can do a lot of suspension of disbelief.. I forgave some of the earlier "ummmm..." moments, but that end was just so completely stoopid, it ruined everything they had done to that point. And then the "bad greedy American Politician" trope at the end sealed the "oh that's dumm" even more for me.
When it started I said to my son, that a certain person was going to be a bad guy. I was right. I liked the first season way better. Solid "meh" for this season.

When it started I said to my son, that a certain person was going to be a bad guy. I was right. I liked the first season way better. Solid "meh" for this season.
Not sure which bad guy you are talking about, but did you recognize Max? After watching the first episode I had to google the cast as I knew he looked really familiar, but couldn't place him. Same with the lady ambassador.

Solid Meh for me this season and I hated the ending, although I figured there wouldn't be a solid ending just because of the situation they were in.

Started watching Daybreak on Netflix, which actually turned out to be better than we thought, although it isn't for everybody. What's funny, the wife and I binged watched a show we hadn't ever seen even though it came out in 2013, Under the Dome. One of the main characters in that is also on the show Daybreak, surprised he is still playing a teenager.

Not sure which bad guy you are talking about, but did you recognize Max? After watching the first episode I had to google the cast as I knew he looked really familiar, but couldn't place him. Same with the lady ambassador.

Solid Meh for me this season and I hated the ending, although I figured there wouldn't be a solid ending just because of the situation they were in.

Started watching Daybreak on Netflix, which actually turned out to be better than we thought, although it isn't for everybody. What's funny, the wife and I binged watched a show we hadn't ever seen even though it came out in 2013, Under the Dome. One of the main characters in that is also on the show Daybreak, surprised he is still playing a teenager.
If i said who the bad guy was that may spoil it for others. Didn't recognize Max or the ambassador, should I?

If i said who the bad guy was that may spoil it for others. Didn't recognize Max or the ambassador, should I?
You may or may not have seen these shows, but Max was No Man on GOT, and the ambassador was the wife of the FBI agent that lived across the street from the Russians on the Americans.

The new season of Hot Ones on YouTube has been fire. :) Highlights include Shia LaBeouf, Ashton Kutcher, Paul Rudd, Nick Offerman, and Kristen Stewart.

Back