• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What are you watching via streaming?

FYI - Letterkenny is going on tour! They originally announced it would be at a 1000 seat venue here in KC but pre-sales wiped that out. They moved it to a 3000 seat venue and we got our tickets to the April 11th show this morning.

Last edited:
Kominsky Method, season 2. Really well done show; great humor, even if it's focused on a generation even older than I am, I'm getting up there enough that I can appreciate it. Great acting, terrific dialog.

I have been trying to enjoy "Perfect Harmony", which is a very cheesy sitcom with played-out tropes and stereotypes beyond measure, yet still endearing and funny. The concept is cute, the actors are comical and attractive, and the lines are delivered really well. Even the humor is solid, though easy and low brow in general. However, the singing makes me want to kill myself to the point that to get through a show I have fast forward over the singing portions - which is hard because they sprinkle plot climaxes into the singing bits. But, the singing is so completely unbearable that I may have to give up the otherwise simple and humorous show.

Kominsky Method, season 2. Really well done show; great humor, even if it's focused on a generation even older than I am, I'm getting up there enough that I can appreciate it. Great acting, terrific dialog.

I watched the first two episodes of Season 2 last night. I really enjoy the show and being single and very close in age to the the main characters can easily relate to it. So true in many ways.

As many of you may recall, the only reason I subscribed to CBS All Access was to watch Start Trek: Discovery, which has been phenomenal. I also watch other CBS shows, but Star Trek justifies the price.

This week I started watching the Start Trek Shorts they've been producing. The short, 15 min episodes about side plots and other things are outstanding, and typically humorous. They even made a Tribble episode which was hilarious!!! This is some great entertainment.

Paul Resier plays a charecter this season. Without looking at a cast list can you tell me what charectar he plays? was hard for me to believe.

Paul Resier plays a charecter this season. Without looking at a cast list can you tell me what charectar he plays? was hard for me to believe.
Is that the daughter's older boyfriend? I was thinking he looked familiar.

Is that the daughter's older boyfriend? I was thinking he looked familiar.

Yep, he really bulked up from his Mad About You Days

It was really his speech patterns and mannerisms more than his appearance that made me realize who it was. Like you I knew he looked vaguely familiar.

Last edited:
So ia there a phone number anywhere for amazon that you can call and speak to someone or is there support all online/chat?

Not sure if you need to be logged in or not, but this is the page for chatting or getting a call back.

All that being said, i recommend getting a firestick or some other streaming device. I probably have the same TV as you and switched to a FireStick even though I had the apps on my TV. There was a substantial improvement in performance across the board. The basic FireStick is $35, but if you wait a little bit, I'm sure there will be an after Thanksgiving sale where they'll be way less.

I did a search and didn't see it mentioned, but DAMN!!!

If you haven't watched Pennyworth on Amazon Prime, you're missing a good one.

I did a search and didn't see it mentioned, but DAMN!!!

I want to watch a lot of things, but if I don't get this resolved I cant watch any of it. LOL.

Unfortunately right now I have other priorities to tend to.

Thanks for the rec; I'm a few episodes in and am enjoying this one VERY much. Love the polite British thugs. :laughing:

Tonight I started watching the new Dark Crystal prequel TV show on Netflix and absolutely love it. I always felt the original movie was one the most unique fantasy stories made and loved the characters, humor, art, and design.

The prequel recreates all of it, even the puppets are still obviously puppets. The design, architectures, art, and imagery remains a brilliant combination of Arte Nouveau, HR Geiger, and Gaudi.

The surround sound is pretty friggin' incredible, as well.

I am getting more of a "Dune" vibe from The Dark Crystal as it has lots of the political turmoil many Sci-Fi / Fantasy stories tend to include.

It’s not quite here yet but The Witcher is coming to Netflix in late December @PaulyT. Henry Cavill (most recent actor to portray Superman in a movie) is the lead.

It’s not quite here yet but The Witcher is coming to Netflix in late December @PaulyT. Henry Cavill (most recent actor to portray Superman in a movie) is the lead.
Thanks! Yeah I've seen a few previews of that, definitely looking forward to it.

Thanks! Yeah I've seen a few previews of that, definitely looking forward to it.

pauly, i know you're a big witcher fan, and i appreciate your input on it. apparently yennifer wasnt as hot as she was in the games. im glad this is putting me towards watching more of youtube videos for the back story.

I am watching season 3 of "Goliath" and enjoying it. Some of the plot is dull, but there are vignettes of art nouveau similar to something the Cohen Bros or David Lynch would create. I like it, in spite of the stereotypical tropes.

I finally finished season 3 and it was at times a painful experience. Good basic storyline but all the irrelevant filler and tedious pace at times make it difficult to get thru IMO. Shades of Chinatown (storyline) and Twin Peaks (atmosphere)

If you liked seasons 1 and 2 give it a try but this is not a "binging" season took me a month to finish 8 episodes.

I'm all over the place right now with the series I'm watching right now -- those include:
  • Dark Crystal -- I wasn't a huge fan of the original movie, but thought I'd try again. I like it ok, but it's not my fave. All that being said, i'm not very far into the series so far, so maybe I change my mind as the plot gets more involved -- Grade so far: B-
  • The Frankenstein Chronicles -- I finished the first season and just started getting into the second. Still not sure where I land on this one either. I might have liked it had I been paying more attention, but... I didn't. Grade so far: B-
  • Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan -- I was totally into the first season and am digging the new one so far (2 episodes in). I may change my mind depending on how the plot "thickens", but I'm still way in. Grade so far: A-
  • Disenchantment -- Kind of my "turn off the brain" series. I can appreciate that this one might not be everyone's cup of tea, but I think it's pretty fun. I'd say I'm halfway through the second season. Grade so far: B

My observation is that there is a quality vs. quantity between Amazon Prime and Netflix -- the Amazon shows really seem to have a better production quality (as a rule) than the Netflix series. Granted, something like The Frankenstein Chronicles is a British tv series, but even the impressive Dark Crystal production just seems to fall short of Jack Ryan. Other people think the same?

Finished Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan season 2. Will give two responses hidden under a Spoiler heading..

After my initial review noted above that I made a couple of episodes into the season, it didn't keep up. In the end, I'm revising to a C-.

They really REALLY jumped the shark on this one. ESPECIALLY the ending. I mean, being able to fly a helicopter onto the Presidential palace grounds at the end and then with a force of 5 people (or whatever it was), take out the entire security force of the palace without a death... Ugh... could not be more disappointed. I mean, I can do a lot of suspension of disbelief.. I forgave some of the earlier "ummmm..." moments, but that end was just so completely stoopid, it ruined everything they had done to that point. And then the "bad greedy American Politician" trope at the end sealed the "oh that's dumm" even more for me.

Finished Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan season 2. Will give two responses hidden under a Spoiler heading..

After my initial review noted above that I made a couple of episodes into the season, it didn't keep up. In the end, I'm revising to a C-.

They really REALLY jumped the shark on this one. ESPECIALLY the ending. I mean, being able to fly a helicopter into the palace grounds at the end and then with a force of 5 people (or whatever it was), take out the entire security force without a death. Ugh... could not be more disappointed. I forgave some of the earlier "ummmm..." moments, but that end was just so completely stoopid, it ruined everything they had done to that point. And then the "bad greedy American Politician" trope sealed the "oh that's dumm" even more for me.
I have had a really hard time getting into the whole series, only watched first two episodes of season 1.

I was never a big Tom Clancy fan, maybe that has something to do with it.

Back