• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What are you watching via streaming?

To be fair, he was only in the last season of The Office, was he not?
Actually no, he was mainly in season 8, the second-to-last season... And yeah he tends to play rather offensive characters, at least in these two series. Honestly I'm not sure what else I've seen with Spader but he seems familiar somehow beyond these...

Actually no, he was mainly in season 8, the second-to-last season... And yeah he tends to play rather offensive characters, at least in these two series. Honestly I'm not sure what else I've seen with Spader but he seems familiar somehow beyond these...
Stargate the movie

Finished up the second season of Mindhunter last night, great series for those who haven't seen it yet, and I have a question about one of the episodes. Towards the end of the second season, they are putting crosses together, and Holden is using a cordless drill to assemble them. Were cordless drills even around back then? It looked like a modern day Makita, and if they weren't around back then, I'm surprised this made it in the series, as they had done a pretty good job in keeping with the feel of the late 70's/early 80's.

Edit: just did a search, and Makita did introduce a commercial cordless drill in 1978, so I guess the series did stay faithful to the time period.

Finished up the second season of Mindhunter last night, great series for those who haven't seen it yet, and I have a question about one of the episodes. Towards the end of the second season, they are putting crosses together, and Holden is using a cordless drill to assemble them. Were cordless drills even around back then? It looked like a modern day Makita, and if they weren't around back then, I'm surprised this made it in the series, as they had done a pretty good job in keeping with the feel of the late 70's/early 80's.

Edit: just did a search, and Makita did introduce a commercial cordless drill in 1978, so I guess the series did stay faithful to the time period.
Asked and answered your own question. Well done sir!! Back in the day that cordless drill probably cost $500. But the government (FBI) can afford it right!!

Asked and answered your own question. Well done sir!! Back in the day that cordless drill probably cost $500. But the government (FBI) can afford it right!!
That's what I was thinking as well, it had to be pretty expensive back in the late 70's.

Watched lst night's new episode of South Park via Hulu while riding my spin cycle this AM. It was hilarious, topical, bound to offend some and didn't mention him at all.

I am watching season 3 of "Goliath" and enjoying it. Some of the plot is dull, but there are vignettes of art nouveau similar to something the Cohen Bros or David Lynch would create. I like it, in spite of the stereotypical tropes.

I am watching season 3 of "Goliath" and enjoying it. Some of the plot is dull, but there are vignettes of art nouveau similar to something the Cohen Bros or David Lynch would create. I like it, in spite of the stereotypical tropes.

I've watched the frist two episodes. It does move a bit slower than the past two seasons.

Tonight I started watching the new Dark Crystal prequel TV show on Netflix and absolutely love it. I always felt the original movie was one the most unique fantasy stories made and loved the characters, humor, art, and design.

The prequel recreates all of it, even the puppets are still obviously puppets. The design, architectures, art, and imagery remains a brilliant combination of Arte Nouveau, HR Geiger, and Gaudi.

The surround sound is pretty friggin' incredible, as well.

Last edited:
I needed something on the "less brain energy" side of things so binged Raising Dion on Netflix.
The quick: I liked it well enough. Not my favorite, but far from the worst.
The Longer: I'm not exactly sure who their target audience was supposed to be. I suspect they were hoping for a Stranger Things kind of thing, but didn't quite hit the mark. There were parts that were much more "kid" and there were parts that were clearly "adult". It was also a bit on the preachy side in a overly heavy handed (IMO) way.

So, once again, the motivations of the villain are bit suspect for me and also felt a bit virtue signalling to me. The villain's motivations before the end never seemed to be explained and at the end not really believable that someone would go through that much of a character transformation.

0raisingdion.jpg

Started watching the HBO series Watchman. I had rewatched the movie over the weekend. A review I read before hand was positive and mentioned the series only had tenuous connections with the movies. He was correct. Good enough that I will keep watching for now.

Tonight I started watching the new Dark Crystal prequel TV show on Netflix and absolutely love it. I always felt the original movie was one the most unique fantasy stories made and loved the characters, humor, art, and design.

The prequel recreates all of it, even the puppets are still obviously puppets. The design, architectures, art, and imagery remains a brilliant combination of Arte Nouveau, HR Geiger, and Gaudi.

The surround sound is pretty friggin' incredible, as well.

We watched it with our daughter and really liked it. I thought it was outstanding across the board, though it took a few episodes to grow on my wife. It is so well done that it is easy to forget that you are watching puppets.

Just started watching Blacklist, came up as "trending" on my Netflix feed - hadn't heard of it but sounded interesting. I like it a lot though I've only watched the first episode, kind of a cross between Silence of the Lambs and 24. It's kinda funny to me seeing James Spader in this role after recently finishing The Office. Though actually - his characters in both cases have a fair bit in common!

My wife and I have been fans of the show since season one. James Spader plays a remarkably nuanced anti-hero. He can be mesmerizing at his best. I'll be sad when it ends.

So ia there a phone number anywhere for amazon that you can call and speak to someone or is there support all online/chat?

So ia there a phone number anywhere for amazon that you can call and speak to someone or is there support all online/chat?

You can go thru a process online that will eventually lead you to an option to have them call you within a couple minutes but no number you can call that I know of.

You can go thru a process online that will eventually lead you to an option to have them call you within a couple minutes but no number you can call that I know of.

Ok, thanx then I am probably just going to cancel Prime. I primarily paid for Prime for the video streaming content and figured the rest of the benefits were a bonus.

Back