• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What are you watching via streaming?

two episodes into season two of Evil on Paramount, it’s really good and I highly recommend it.
i liked it too, i think i quit somewhere on the newest season. i guess got bored with it or something.

anyways, i like that its not a tv series that survives on cliffhangers, its more or less one and done cases, similar to that of the x files and/or older scifi series.

i liked it too, i think i quit somewhere on the newest season. i guess got bored with it or something.

anyways, i like that its not a tv series that survives on cliffhangers, its more or less one and done cases, similar to that of the x files and/or older scifi series.
Season two is far more adult for lack of a better word, I’m guessing because it’s no longer on regular tv and just available on the service.

Watching animal on Netflix. If you like nature documentaries this one is very good. Some of the filming is just amazing, I often wonder “how the hell did they get that shot?”

I just signed up for my first streaming service (if I don't count Amazoid Prime, which I'm dropping). Curiousity Stream bundled with Nebula, by using a favored EweTuber link I got it for $15 for a year. Lotsa documentaries and no commercials. I started looking thru Nebula this afternoon, and came across this very interesting exploration of Coltrane's cover of My Favorite Things, a broadway showtune by Rodgers and Hammerstein. Its actually on EweTube also, with a guest cameo by Adam Neely (another favorite EweTuber):

The interesting thing about this tune is that the melody never hits the Third of the scale, therefore you can play the melody over both Major or Minor chord patterns. I always knew the one section of Coltrane's recording suddenly sounded "happier", but didn't realize this until just now! Modal jazz is close to this idea (and this is flying, closely, over my head as I've never really understood "modes" that well).
A lot of new stuff to explore at this site (I'm not into movies too much), thought I'd share.

Oh, I also learned the "starving artist" who painted the stunning cover of King Crimson's 21st Century Schizoid Man died of a heart attack at age 24!

itcotck.jpg

That song was written about the Vietnam war, but it applies to Ukraine right now so much it's scary:

Blood rack, barbed wire
Politicians funeral pyre
Innocents raped with napalm fire
21st century schizoid man

Death seed, blind man's greed
Poets starving, children bleed
Nothing he's got, he really needs
21st century schizoid man

I think so, but since installing a couple of ad blockers I can't be sure.

I'm watching this on broadcast PBS, could only find this trailer and clips on EweTube:

British wildlife videographer developed a bunch of homemade jigs for his high-speed cameras and spent the Pandemic in his backyard taking incredible footage (I learned how to cook ramen and watched cat videos). He set up different flower patches, and stone/wood/other habitats, even boring into their burrow to shoot video, quite a project.
If you have net access to PBS this might be available there; highly recommended.

i dont have showtime, but i recently saw

The man who fell down to earth on paramount plus, which is being shown for a limited timeframe.

totally entertaining. i forgot the actors name, but its definitely up there like his performance with chris pine and harley quinn in Z for Zachariah.

must watch, currently 2 episodes. first 15 minutes and i am hooked.

And OMG there's a scene in episode 2 where a Netflix exec type guy comes on and says "let's see this scene without the swearing" and then ... the hardest I've laughed in a while.

It's a very clever show, with humor subtle and (of course) sometimes not so subtle.

Back