• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What are you watching via streaming?

Finished Reacher last night. Can't say I have ever watched a bigger steaming pile of wooden acting, bad writing, plot holes, stereotypes, clichés, predictability and nonsense. Having said all of that I enjoyed it immensely... in a hot mess of a Tango & Cash/Cobra/throwback 80's tough guy against the world shoot 'em up beat 'em up kind of way. Will definitely sign on to watch season two.
I would agree but somewhat temper my reaction. So the question becomes who's feet do we lay blame at? Let's compare this to the last two shows I have watched in this genre, Justified and Bosch. Both were way better. Is that because Leonard and Connelly are better writers than Child, probably. Or is it because the writers who adapted Justified and Bosch for tv are better writers than those that adapted Reacher. Hard to say as I am not up on the latest and greatest screenwriters. I have always believed that a bad actor with great dialogue is better than a great actor with bad dialogue. My two cents.

Oscar nominees have been announced. I see Power of the Dog got several nominees. I keep seeing it on Netflix. I guess I should watch it.

I wasn’t all that interested in the series until I read this review. Will check it out.
Walker Texas Ranger called he wants his script writers back. I'm probably being too hard on the show. It's not like it ends with a big fireball explosion and the hero emerging from the smoke or anything. It's not like it literally ends exactly like that. That would be way to cliche.

:rofl:

I have always believed that a bad actor with great dialogue is better than a great actor with bad dialogue. My two cents.
Agree 200% on this. Some of the best actors still make some very crappy movies. And some unknown actors turn in amazing performances with the right director and screenplay.

Best line yet from Wynonna Earp:

To all the kisses we have snatched… And vice versa. (Doc Holliday)​

Last edited:
I've been watching alot of comedian programs primarily on NF.

Some of my favorites

Jim Garafagan
Iliza Shelesinger
Mike Birbiglia

just finished vikings valhalla.

not bad, but a bit bland. its only on season 1 but a lot fit into it. like a semi trying to be game of thrones series. do NOT watch if you like cliffhangers, as it ended season 1 on such a note. i dont like that for shows. this is why i loved peaky blinders. too bad the american audience doesnt have access right now for season 6.

ive also finished Vigil, which is on peacock.

this one was good, albeit the protagonist was a bit dry for my liking. she did great work on the detective side, just blah on the personal connection with the audience. a good series because it 'closes' itself, not leaving it on a cliffhanger. kinda see that as a pattern for BBC or european movies.

I'm re-watching Breaking Bad now. Just into S5. But I'm surprised and kinda happy in a way that there's so much subtlety that I missed the first time around, that I'm only now picking up on.

SUCH a good show.

I'm re-watching Breaking Bad now. Just into S5. But I'm surprised and kinda happy in a way that there's so much subtlety that I missed the first time around, that I'm only now picking up on.

SUCH a good show.
Funny I was never able to even finish season one, was just boring to me.

I never played the game so I am probably will miss alot but I watched the first episode and it looks promising

Dracula series on Netflix, only three episodes but they are are an hour and a half each. Without a doubt the best Dracula I’ve seen in many years.

Back