• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What are you watching via streaming?

Anybody else have Peacock, and hate what they have done to the menu system? Amazon was doing this and then stopped, thankfully, but when scrolling through the options of things to watch, if you stop even for the slightest second, it wants to play a preview, which takes probably 15 seconds to load. Makes it very frustrating and time consuming to try and find something to watch.

Anybody else have Peacock, and hate what they have done to the menu system? Amazon was doing this and then stopped, thankfully, but when scrolling through the options of things to watch, if you stop even for the slightest second, it wants to play a preview, which takes probably 15 seconds to load. Makes it very frustrating and time consuming to try and find something to watch.
What I hate about the Amazon menu system is that lately when I scroll, find and click on a title in any category row/genre to view info... then return/back out to previous page it keeps pulling me all the way out to main menu page. First world problem I know but it's annoying none the less.

What I hate about the Amazon menu system is that lately when I scroll, find and click on a title in any category row/genre to view info... then return/back out to previous page it keeps pulling me all the way out to main menu page. First world problem I know but it's annoying none the less.
I don't remember that being a problem with Amazon, but I know there is one of the streaming services that I use that it does that. Maybe Disney? Are you hitting the return button or a top menu button? When I hit the return button, I think it just takes me back one step and not to the main menu.

When I see an item of interest I CMD-click on it, which opens it in a new tab; then close that tab and the original page is unchanged. I know there's a way to do it on a Windoze machine too, but after 2.5 years retirement, I can't remember anymore. :)

I just checked our Roku here at work, it's the same model that I have at home, and confirmed the go back or return button takes you one level back in the Prime menu. Just have to find the right button Monkey, and I think you will be all set and on to other first world problems. lol

My son got me into watching Cyberpunk Edgerunners. I watch the English dubbed version on Netflix. It isn't for everyone. It is edgy anime and brutally violent. I'm really wanting another season of Arcane: League of Legends.

I just checked our Roku here at work, it's the same model that I have at home, and confirmed the go back or return button takes you one level back in the Prime menu. Just have to find the right button Monkey, and I think you will be all set and on to other first world problems. lol
I'm using a Firestick with the back/return button and when I back out after viewing info on a particular title I often end up back on the main menu page for Prime Video rather then back in whatever genre row I was browsing. Doesn't happen every time maybe 50/50. I thought maybe my Firestick remote was bad and sending double tap back/return commands but the same thing happens at my girlfriend's house (same model Firestick). It's not a huge hassle just a little annoying when browsing.

I'm using a Firestick with the back/return button and when I back out after viewing info on a particular title I often end up back on the main menu page for Prime Video rather then back in whatever genre row I was browsing. Doesn't happen every time maybe 50/50. I thought maybe my Firestick remote was bad and sending double tap back/return commands but the same thing happens at my girlfriend's house (same model Firestick). It's not a huge hassle just a little annoying when browsing.
That seems weird, but I guess it is what it is. Mine just always goes back one level, but we pretty much only use Roku's for streaming.

That seems weird, but I guess it is what it is. Mine just always goes back one level, but we pretty much only use Roku's for streaming.
Yeah I never had this issue using my XBOX as a streaming source. My whole home theater rig is still packed in storage while I prep for moving so I picked up the Firesticks as a cheap temporary fix. They work fine for the most past aside from little bugs like this.

Started watching season four of The Sinner on Netflex with Bill Pullman. Feels similar to the first three seasons. His character is maybe a little tamer in this season (at least after single episode) maybe because he us retired and mellowed out a little. I thought the first season was excellent and his character (while a little tortured and demented) was incredibly well player by Pullman.

Started watching season four of The Sinner on Netflex with Bill Pullman. Feels similar to the first three seasons. His character is maybe a little tamer in this season (at least after single episode) maybe because he us retired and mellowed out a little. I thought the first season was excellent and his character (while a little tortured and demented) was incredibly well player by Pullman.

i was planning on watching this series, never got the chance to do so. how is it?

i was planning on watching this series, never got the chance to do so. how is it?
Bill Pullman and supporting cast are great IMO. Unusual and highly flawed main character he is on the right side of the law but rather demented, tortured, broken, unstable, etc. Fair warning plenty of wacky plot twists, murdery content, some graphic stuff. But a very solid grown up detective series IMO. I thought the first season was the best with Jessica Biel (who now produces), Christoper Abbott (recent favorite in other films) and Pullman they were all excellent in their roles. Follow up seasons have been very good but never quite matching the first one which set a high bar.

Welcome to Wrexham. Two rich actors buy a Welsh football team in the 5th level of the English football league.

Welcome_to_Wrexham_poster.jpg

Started watching Guillermo del Toro's Cabinet of Curiosities horror anthology series on Netflix we are three episodes in and it's pretty good so far. Campy and creepy but pretty well done.

Great quote from del Toro...

"Look... the world is beautiful and horrible... at exactly the same time."

Back