• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What are you watching via streaming?

When PBS Newshour finishes, I usually hit the TV Guide thingie to see what else is on, but usually turn the TV off at that point. Tonight, I saw a 90th Birthday Celebration of Carol Burnette, on NBC. I've been glued to the TV since.
Some of it is schmaltz, but the old clips of the show have had me crying I'm laughing so hard, what an incredible lineup! I don't remember some of the great duets she did (she was an incredible singer), especially her duet with Ray Charles. Vickie Lawrence showed up (she looks great too), and so did Cher (I know she's 85% plastic at this point, but she must be nearly as old as Carol and she looks, wow).
Am enjoying a TV show; been a long time since I've done that. Carol is a National Treasure.

EDIT: Interesting Trivia fact: number of costumes designed for the Carol Burnette Show: 17,000!

finally finished the series,

most definitely a great storyline.

this is jack ryan by hallmark.

give it a go. just be patient.

When PBS Newshour finishes, I usually hit the TV Guide thingie to see what else is on, but usually turn the TV off at that point. Tonight, I saw a 90th Birthday Celebration of Carol Burnette, on NBC. I've been glued to the TV since.
Some of it is schmaltz, but the old clips of the show have had me crying I'm laughing so hard, what an incredible lineup! I don't remember some of the great duets she did (she was an incredible singer), especially her duet with Ray Charles. Vickie Lawrence showed up (she looks great too), and so did Cher (I know she's 85% plastic at this point, but she must be nearly as old as Carol and she looks, wow).
Am enjoying a TV show; been a long time since I've done that. Carol is a National Treasure.

EDIT: Interesting Trivia fact: number of costumes designed for the Carol Burnette Show: 17,000!
Thecm wife and I watched, we were in stitches. A LOT.

Wife and I watched the Carol Burnette special last night as well. Loved seeing the old clips as well, although the tributes seemed very rehearsed, almost to the point that they didn't seem sincere, but Carol is a national treasure! FYI, the special as well as 3 seasons of the show are streaming on Peacock.

The Red Skelton and Carol Burnett show were the two shows I remember as a child, where my father would laugh with tears down his face.

Last/final season of Better Call Saul now on netflix - great show. Still don't think I like this more than Breaking Bad, but it's nonetheless a great show, great writing and production.

fe1c0138b7b0e05ea22a711f44e57cd80cfbaea30745c425b7043d786ba66cd1.jpg

One of the woodwork channels I follow is Pedulla Studios. This Aussie has my dream job, working alone in a workshop bigger than my house, designing and building high-end furniture pieces for (obviously well-heeled) clients (he never builds the same thing twice). Here he built a dining/conference table that weighs more than a truck, using both power- and hand-tools. There were a couple of interesting engineering challenges along the way, which were fascinating to me particularly.

Watching a PBS show narrated by Sir David Attenborough, about the language of bird songs. Specifically the top 6 interesting ones throughout his lifetime (some early ones he had recorded himself).
The fourth one is on the "Lyre Bird" (didn't catch which country); he (the bird) has a repertoire of about 250 different songs, and can perfectly mimic other sounds he hears (including logging sounds, a manual Nikon shutter, Nikon shutter with film winder, and a Nikon with burst mode, amazing!) He (again, the bird) would try out several different songs to attract a mate (remember our High School sock-hops?). He could even mimic a flock of smaller songbirds fleeing from "danger", enticing the female to take refuge under his tail-feathers (heh-heh-heh).
And the last bird, a Hawai'ian "O'o"; they captured the male mating song, when they (somehow) knew that the females were already extinct. The male songs have also, since gone silent. PBS still has the ability to... stun me
:|

One of the woodwork channels I follow is Pedulla Studios. This Aussie has my dream job, working alone in a workshop bigger than my house, designing and building high-end furniture pieces for (obviously well-heeled) clients (he never builds the same thing twice). Here he built a dining/conference table that weighs more than a truck, using both power- and hand-tools. There were a couple of interesting engineering challenges along the way, which were fascinating to me particularly.

I consider myself meticulous about a lot of things, but nowhere near that level or the level of a vast majority of these carpenters. Really awesome finished item.

watched one episode.

remember how you felt watching the twilight zone for the first time? my twilight zone experience came in when it was in color, the 80s i believed.

it was new! scifi! thriller! all in one!

but it didnt tell you how dark it was.

i jumped in because of a YT feed i got. S4 ep 6, black museum

i thought this might be a good series.

man. that was brutal. it was good but man, some juice in that series is not my style.

i might dig into it, but maybe after my covid....

watched black mirror s1e3 entire history of you

man, this is my last black mirror episode im planning to watch.

noticed 3 things in their main formula
1. 'future' scifi
2. based on some sort of fear we all have
3. sex. always.

this was based on jealousy. a bit disturbing if you are not the most confident in your relationship, or pretty much want a mindf*ck for it.

i need a new series to watch.

The Mother starring J Lo. Started it on my sisters reccomendations.

Finishing Jack Ryan season 3 today.

The Mother starring J Lo. Started it on my sisters reccomendations.

Finishing Jack Ryan season 3 today.
I watched The Mother with Catherine a couple nights ago. I thought overall it was pretty poor. I didn’t buy Lopez in the role and thought it was a terrible editing and directing job.

Back