• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What are you watching via streaming?

Have you not seen Daredevil on Netflix, now on Disney+? If not, you need to watch that.
Nope I'm a little behind still moving, renovating, etc. Missed a lot of good stuff over the past couple years. Theater gear has been in storage for a while. I'm close though. Will put that on my winter watch list. Thanks for the heads up.

This looks like it could be pretty good sci-fi series... comes out in March... picking up the books this weekend my son read them and liked them.

Last edited:
Speaking of streaming ... I've finally cancelled my DirecTV live streaming service. I just couldn't stomach paying >$120/mo any more. When baseball season starts I'll get get an account with Fubo TV for $75/mo because that's the only way to get all of the Astros games.

Speaking of streaming ... I've finally cancelled my DirecTV live streaming service. I just couldn't stomach paying >$120/mo any more. When baseball season starts I'll get get an account with Fubo TV for $75/mo because that's the only way to get all of the Astros games.
I have pretty much given up on trying to watch Yankees games they are on so many different platforms, never sure when local blackouts will apply, I can't keep up with it all. I just watch whatever teams/games happen to be on the platforms I have and get my baseball fix that way. I mostly listen to Yankees games on the radio and then catch some highlights on YouTube after if there was anything dramatic worth seeing.

I have pretty much given up on trying to watch Yankees games they are on so many different platforms, never sure when local blackouts will apply, I can't keep up with it all. I just watch whatever teams/games happen to be on the platforms I have and get my baseball fix that way.
I use YoutubeTV as my streaming service, and it allows me to record all games from team(s) of my choice, no matter which service they're on (assuming I have access to that service, I think), and the unlimited cloud DVR will record the games for watching later.
YoutubeTV has doubled in price since I started using it, it's now up to $73/mo, so there's that. Might be a possibility for you.

I use YoutubeTV as my streaming service, and it allows me to record all games from team(s) of my choice, no matter which service they're on (assuming I have access to that service, I think), and the unlimited cloud DVR will record the games for watching later.
YoutubeTV has doubled in price since I started using it, it's now up to $73/mo, so there's that. Might be a possibility for you.
I signed up for YouTube TV free trial (just to watch the NCAA Football championship the other night) and I was impressed with the platform's streaming quality, ease of use, navigation, features, etc. Seems like a good one. Agreed it's a little pricey but still way less then cable TV of course. I'll check on the blackout situation for Yankees games if I can get them regardless of which of the half dozen networks they are on I would consider it long term. Yankees games are YES Network, Amazon, TBS, ESPN, FOX, FS1, and a partridge in a pear tree. It's a little crazy.

Watching percy jackson on Disney. Not bad, worth a little push given I'm waiting on reachers last episode.

was it worth it? in the end?
Not really. I mean good performances all around and I am usually fine with slow grind crime dramas... for example Kiyoshi Kurosawa's Cure (1997) or for that matter previous seasons of True Detective. But I felt like Season Three was unnecessarily drawn out and disjointed.

I get the idea that they were trying to tell the story in a way that mirrored or was in sync with the aging and cognitive decline of the main character. I appreciate that creative effort. But in the end it just felt like a labor to grind all the way through the viewing experience.

was it worth it? in the end?
Jomari... have you watched Season Three? If yes then read on I have some confusion about the ending and maybe some issues with some of the reviews and complaints that I believe may have gotten it wrong.

So everything read about the ending seems to indicate that there was this huge moment of tragic irony when Detective Hays finally found the (grown up) missing girl and her daughter only to be completely unaware because he was in the middle of one of his senior/Alzheimer memory blackout episodes. And I agree that would have been a very interesting if not powerful ending to this saga. He would have spent most if his life searching for the girl and the truth making personal sacrifices along the way only too narrowly miss out on any closure he may have found knowing she was alive and OK. But I don't believe that is what actually happened. IMO there is a distinct moment during that scene in the driveway of her country home when her daughter hands Detective Hays the glass of water and he take a drink, rehydrating and there is a brief look in his eyes on on his face that (again IMO) clearly indicates that in that moment he suddenly realizes who he is looking at. He does not acknowledge the mother and daughter other then to thank them for the water, not complicating the situation and just goes on his way, drives home with his family, etc. And for the sake of argument maybe he does then forget all about it. But in that brief moment I do believe he understood that he had found them and that this is now etched somewhere in his (albeit failing) memory. Am I wrong? Curious what you may think.

Jomari... have you watched Season Three? If yes then read on I have some confusion about the ending and maybe some issues with some of the reviews and complaints that I believe may have gotten it wrong.

So everything read about the ending seems to indicate that there was this huge moment of tragic irony when Detective Hays finally found the (grown up) missing girl and her daughter only to be completely unaware because he was in the middle of one of his senior/Alzheimer memory blackout episodes. And I agree that would have been a very interesting if not powerful ending to this saga. He would have spent most if his life searching for the girl and the truth making personal sacrifices along the way only too narrowly miss out on any closure he may have found knowing she was alive and OK. But I don't believe that is what actually happened. IMO there is a distinct moment during that scene in the driveway of her country home when her daughter hands Detective Hays the glass of water and he take a drink, rehydrating and there is a brief look in his eyes on on his face that (again IMO) clearly indicates that in that moment he suddenly realizes who he is looking at. He does not acknowledge the mother and daughter other then to thank them for the water, not complicating the situation and just goes on his way, drives home with his family, etc. And for the sake of argument maybe he does then forget all about it. But in that brief moment I do believe he understood that he had found them and that this is now etched somewhere in his (albeit failing) memory. Am I wrong? Curious what you may think.
No, I kinda got tired of it

Back