• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What are you watching via streaming?

Got Disney+ yesterday and watched the first couple of episodes of the Mandalorian. Overall I liked it, didn't realize it was Nick Nolte as the guy on the planet he goes to, don't want to give any spoilers away, but I'm curious as to what planet they were on, since there were jawa's. And for whatever reason, at least to me, this feels like a 50's serial, but maybe that's what Favreau was going for. Tune in next week kids to see says the announcer.

Also, I recently bought a Roku Ultra, and thought I could get 4K out of it with a hdmi splitter since my receiver doesn't do 4K, but it didn't work. Guessing a hdcp issue. Everything shows up as just HD in the description, although I thought I heard at least the madalorian was in 4K. Is everything in 4K, or just certain series? If everything was in 4K, might be enough for me to finally break down and buy a new receiver.

Overall, I really liked it despite a few specific complaints.
I liked it as well, just not as much as the first season. I don't want to give any spoilers, but I knew they could never give us the ending that most of us would want.

Got Disney+ yesterday and watched the first couple of episodes of the Mandalorian. Overall I liked it, didn't realize it was Nick Nolte as the guy on the planet he goes to, don't want to give any spoilers away, but I'm curious as to what planet they were on, since there were jawa's. And for whatever reason, at least to me, this feels like a 50's serial, but maybe that's what Favreau was going for. Tune in next week kids to see says the announcer.

Also, I recently bought a Roku Ultra, and thought I could get 4K out of it with a hdmi splitter since my receiver doesn't do 4K, but it didn't work. Guessing a hdcp issue. Everything shows up as just HD in the description, although I thought I heard at least the madalorian was in 4K. Is everything in 4K, or just certain series? If everything was in 4K, might be enough for me to finally break down and buy a new receiver.

Rob

If you scroll down the home screen you will see a category I think it is labeled UHD and HDR material. And though the Mandalarian is 4k for some reason in the description it just says HD. Other 4k material is 4k in the description on my setup.

Daughter came to me begging for Disney+ ... so now I'm a subscriber too.

Rob

If you scroll down the home screen you will see a category I think it is labeled UHD and HDR material. And though the Mandalarian is 4k for some reason in the description it just says HD. Other 4k material is 4k in the description on my setup.
Thanks Jeff, I'll have to check it out.

Watched the first episode of the third season of "The Crown" on Netflix.

Not sure how I feel about the "new Queen"

_c07ff0cc-bae0-11e7-83cc-689513d74e1b.png

5d53074585556228b84a6777.jpg

Wife and I finished watching the first season of Raising Dion last night, and it wasn't bad. I did have trouble getting into the story for whatever reason, and it's taken us a month of so to finish the 9 episodes, although we watched the last three last night, as the story got better and more interesting.

I started watching "The Man in the HIgh Castle" again. I had initially watched it but for some reason in the middle of Season 2 I stopped watching. Am now on the first episode of Season 3.

I took some time away from "The Dark Crystal" and returned to it last night. It is still a stunningly fun fantasy, to me. Sure, it is clearly aimed at teens with slightly more humble heroes and more evil villains, the definitions of good and evil are pretty darn black and white with little in between, and the moralistic lessons are clearly worn on their sleeves. But, I still love it.

For those with CBS All Access, can you watch the most recent episode? When I click on the Survivor picture, I get an error message and to contact Amazon about it. Everything else seems to play just fine in the app though.
BTW, recently got a Roku Ultra, and gui between the Sony and the Roku for Hulu is completely different. On the sony, it looks like most other streaming services, but on the Roku, very hard to navigate through it, compared to the Sony.

For those with CBS All Access, can you watch the most recent episode? When I click on the Survivor picture, I get an error message and to contact Amazon about it. Everything else seems to play just fine in the app though.
BTW, recently got a Roku Ultra, and gui between the Sony and the Roku for Hulu is completely different. On the sony, it looks like most other streaming services, but on the Roku, very hard to navigate through it, compared to the Sony.

I can get the Survivor episode but I have the stand alone all for CBS I don't go thru Hulu.

Regarding the different Hulu formats the one on the Sony was the same on the Roku until more than a year ago when they changed it to the dreadful thing it is now. I usually watch Hulu via my Sony because the format is much better IMO.

I can get the Survivor episode but I have the stand alone all for CBS I don't go thru Hulu.

Regarding the different Hulu formats the one on the Sony was the same on the Roku until more than a year ago when they changed it to the dreadful thing it is now. I usually watch Hulu via my Sony because the format is much better IMO.
I don't get it through Hulu as well, it's under the Prime umbrella. Must be an Amazon problem then.

For about two weeks I've had serious playback issues with CBS All Access. Since I pay for the lower cost service with commercials, I get frustrated that the commercials will play before the show I want to watch, then the screen goes black and doesn't start playing before I lose my cool and restart the CBS app.

Note that if you are playing through their App, it doesn't matter whom you are paying to get the service. Once the app verifies your access, it handles all streaming on its own.

Anyone else catch "bless the Harts" this seasons attempt by Fox to round out its Sunday evening animated lineup?

I have been watching and it is not too bad. I was thinking how it reminds a bit of King of the Hill and in the latest episode they are getting teady to go Black Friday shopping and the big store (WM substitute) is "Mega Lo Mart". I thought wait a minute that is the name of the WM substitute in King of the Hill.

turns out there is a connection.:

Lord and Miller-Produced ‘Bless the Harts’ Exists in the ‘King of the Hill’ Universe

Turns out the creator of Harts contacted Mike Judge and got his permission to have her series set in the same "universe" as KotH.

Just thought that was kind of neat.

We just finished the final season of Man in the High Castle. I thought the quality was consistent with the first three seasons, which were excellent. The ending left a lot of things open-ended, which I think is fine and I was mostly satisfied with how it ended. My one complaint was that the last scene was so inexplicable and nobody seems to know what it means.

Just tried chatting with Amazon to get the Survivor streaming issue resolved, and couldn't believe the broken english I was getting in the chat session. They wanted me to power down the tv, or I'm guessing whatever device I'm having trouble with, which it won't play on the three devices we tried to and they all gave an error code. Told her I was at work, but that the Roku powered down everytime I shut off the system, and any other CBS show I tried to play just fine. So back to square one.

Just tried chatting with Amazon to get the Survivor streaming issue resolved, and couldn't believe the broken english I was getting in the chat session. They wanted me to power down the tv, or I'm guessing whatever device I'm having trouble with, which it won't play on the three devices we tried to and they all gave an error code. Told her I was at work, but that the Roku powered down everytime I shut off the system, and any other CBS show I tried to play just fine. So back to square one.

If I were you, I'd open a ticket with CBS, not Amazon. I had an issue with shows freezing in the early days of CBS All Access and they gathered a ton of info from me and fixed it on the platform.

If I were you, I'd open a ticket with CBS, not Amazon. I had an issue with shows freezing in the early days of CBS All Access and they gathered a ton of info from me and fixed it on the platform.
I get that, but it has to be an issue with Amazon since Mzpro could get in the series page on his stand alone CBS app. The error message, which also had a code that I shared with Amazon, states to contact Amazon.com/videohelp.

I get that, but it has to be an issue with Amazon since Mzpro could get in the series page on his stand alone CBS app. The error message, which also had a code that I shared with Amazon, states to contact Amazon.com/videohelp.

I really am confused... are you not running the CBS App? I used to get HBO Now and EPIX through Amazon, and when I played those videos through the Amazon interface, it fired up the respective apps to access them.

Back