• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What are you watching via streaming?

Don't know how I started watching this on Netflix I just clicked on it after a particularly long day at work and got roped in. Not great but oddly addictive. Hard to describe. Imagine Daredevil's blindness heightened intuition (without any actual super powers) crossed with Jessica Jones drunken cynicism with a touch of the seedy dysfunction of Shameless and/or Breaking Bad. Not sure if I'll watch Season Two but will finish up this one. Trailer makes it look more comedic then it is. There is a slightly darker background story which is probably why I am bothering to stay with it.

In The Dark...

I think I'm watching this via satellite, but it's probably available on streaming too (PBS).
"Downwinders". The story about the Nevada nuclear tests in the 50's-60's, and the fallout effects on the folks "downwind", ie here in utard. I have extra interest in this, as I've worked in the nuclear weapon area for half my life, have visited the Nevada test site (north of Los Vegas), visited the inside-mountain nuclear test site to be (~91?, they were still doing underground tests back then), and I now live "downwind". Nice overview of a big part of my career.
Pauly, you grew up in Los Alamos, you might find this interesting too.

Last edited:
^ I can’t think of a case where an original series produced specifically for streaming crossed over to another streaming platform.

^ I can’t think of a case where an original series produced specifically for streaming crossed over to another streaming platform.
The reboot of One Day at a Time was made for NF. After two seasons they cancelled it and it was picked up by CBS All Access for a third season

I’m not sure if your example supports my statement or not :D But I’m fairly certain Apple isn’t allowing any their content onto another platform.

I’m not sure if your example supports my statement or not :D But I’m fairly certain Apple isn’t allowing any their content onto another platform.
I would whole heartily agree. Apple ain't giving up nothin'

So, I am currently watching The Last Kingdom on Netflix with the wife. She had fallen asleep during the last episode we watched a couple of weekends back and I wasn't sure just how into it she was. I watched ahead a few episodes and was informed that was a breach of contract. So we went back and watched those episodes again with her and we are all caught up.

I started watching Vikings without her and she is cool with that so I suppose as long as I don't get her started on it she wont mind.

That being said, I looked it up on IMDB and didnt realize I needed to give myself a spoiler alert. I was looking up who some of the characters were and thought, wow why is that guy so far down the list, and then I realized they are listed by the number of episodes. So, I now know that some of the characters I thought were super important and would be on the whole series will more than likely in true Viking fashion, meet their gods sooner than I thought.

But dang that Kathryn Winnick sure is a cutie.

Currently watching Imposters on Netflix. I am really liking it!!
MV5BNzYzMTY2MzYyNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjE2NDMzNTM@._V1_UY268_CR1,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Finished both seasons of In the Dark. Enjoyed it. Storyline gets a little repetitive but the quirky characters and some occasional dark humor kept me interested.

Just binge watched Sinner season three with Bill Pullman. Not sure if it's as interesting or compelling as the first two seasons but enough to get me through eight episodes.

Possibly the worst thing I have seen on TV in quite a while.

We started watching this over the weekend. The first episode definitely tried a little too hard to parody a 50's sitcom but the following episodes did a better job of not going totally over-the-top. Interested to see how it plays out...

I didn't notice any issues with the picture quality. I mean there were some obviously fake backgrounds during outside shots but I'm sure that was done to mimic shows of the respective time period.

We just wrapped up season 2 of His Dark Materials and really enjoyed it. I read the books long enough ago that I am not sure how closely they are sticking to the story, but what they are doing works.

Two new shows on CBS All Access

Watched pilots for both. Clarice is very Silence of the Lambs atmospheric. Pretty good.

Equalizer is a good version of the franchise Queen Latifa does a good job.

We started watching this over the weekend. The first episode definitely tried a little too hard to parody a 50's sitcom but the following episodes did a better job of not going totally over-the-top. Interested to see how it plays out...

I didn't notice any issues with the picture quality. I mean there were some obviously fake backgrounds during outside shots but I'm sure that was done to mimic shows of the respective time period.
I am going to have to backtrack some on my initial impression. Watched the series so far and it did get better. The screen artifacts I experienced seemed to be a one time thing.

Started watching BBC series Sherlock Holmes with Benedict Cumberbatch on Netflix. It's been out for a while but I never checked it out. Seems pretty good so far.

I don’t see why I can’t put this here since YT a is a streaming platform. Though this isn’t a TV series, I’ve been fascinated with the puzzle solving abilities in these videos, I discovered the channel 3-4 days ago in my recommended section. But if you like Sudoku you’ll probably enjoy as much as I have.

I don’t see why I can’t put this here since YT a is a streaming platform. Though this isn’t a TV series, I’ve been fascinated with the puzzle solving abilities in these videos, I discovered the channel 3-4 days ago in my recommended section. But if you like Sudoku you’ll probably enjoy as much as I have.

Holy crap that is the coolest thing I will see today.

Back