• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Concert Video are you listening to?

Nope... and was just wondering about it. I'll e-mail them.

12983854.jpg

Zing popped this in last evening. This man is a favorite of ours! Very soulful!

Kudos to Yvette Preyer, exceptional lady drummer & Drea Rhenee, she just kicks it, PERIOD!

:laughing: Does this count?

top.jpg

Actually I'm quite thrilled that my girls are so entranced with this today.

The+Thrill+of+It+All+disc+4+thr.jpg

Actually a collection of concert clips and videos, two disks worth. :eusa-clap:

I know a couple of you have Bryan's new Live in Lyon concert; the boys were a little bit more bizarre in the early days (that's Brian Eno with the makeup and long hair on the modular synth!):

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G56DaSAeZfM[/youtube]

PaulyT said:
Just got the Flying Colors Live in Europe blu-ray today... but it won't play. At all. In either of my two players (ps3 and sony 370). Apparently this is a known problem... hope I can get this resolved.

heeman said:
PaulyT said:
Nope... and was just wondering about it. I'll e-mail them.

Anything yet?

^--- Yes I did get it last week sometime, just haven't had a chance to watch it yet. I did just now verify that it plays at least! SQ seems to be pretty good from a brief listen (DTS-MA).

Roxy+Music+-+More+Than+This%3A+The+Story+Of+Roxy+Music+-+DIGITAL+VERSATILE+DISC-486918.jpg

I love this particular documentary. :music-rockout: :music-rockout: :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup: :bow-blue: :bow-blue:

Ok FINALLY, now that I got a replacement BD that works, got a chance to watch/listen to this (Flying Colors):

showPic.php

I like this band a lot. Their music is complex and interesting, not your usual 1-4-5 pop/rock band, far from it. Shades of Dream Theater here, not surprising given that Mike Portnoy is their drummer. They even do a DT song on this video. But they're a little more on the pop side of the progressive rock genre. Still, very interesting stuff. I LOVE their song Kayla!

One of the high points for me on this video was their lead singer (Casey McPherson) breaking into a very credible solo version of Cohen's Hallelujah! So totally different and so totally appropriate at the same time, it's hard to explain.

Dave LaRue's bass is awesome, never have I seen so many true - and fascinating - bass solos in a video concert.

Every musician in this band is seasoned and talented. Their vocal harmonies are terrific! Who knew that Portnoy could sing. ;)

Anyway, this is a great new band, and I look forward to seeing where these guys take this.

^^^ Thanks Pauly!
I was so terribly disappointed with the new DT blu-ray, may have to grab this one for some new prog. (oh, and Portnoy sang a bit with DT, even had an ancient Japanese guy swing his vocal mic in and out as required).

^^^^ Thanks for the review PaulyT!! :music-rockout: :music-rockout:

I am surprised that you did not comment on any of Steve Morse's playing???? (That's right he is not Joe B.) :happy-smileygiantred:

^- Yeah I should have really - he was excellent too, and I loved the tone of his guitar; I know that's kind of a weird thing to say but it had a very nice sound. And the keyboardist was cool, who also sings very well. They're really all very good musicians, playing complex music, and working well together. They all have other bands they're involved in, but I hope they continue to work together.

Botch said:
41RNGxas7lL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

This just came on on Palladia. I'm definitely getting the bluray; I've only seen the first tune but its great, and Sade (who I think is older than me) looks stunning! :banana-dance:

Botch, did you ever get this one? If you did, how is it? I am thinking about picking it up!

I'm not Botch and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night but I can tell you this is worth owning. The music, the show, the sound and picture quality are all quite good. It stops just short of being demo quality.

^ Thank you to the man who admits he is not Botch........

It will be added to my collection shortly!

:music-rockout: :music-rockout:

Thanks Zing, that one's still in my Amazon basket but I haven't ordered it yet.

Caught about the last ten minutes of the Scorpions Unplugged on Palladia.

I am gonna watch for this one to come on again and DVR it.

Blues night... very polished performance, this. :eek:bscene-drinkingcheers:

tdf-dvdsbe.jpg

61nkIIm0L9L._SY300_.jpg

I would recommend...

Crazy On You
Alone...awesome, just awesome!
Dog and Butterfly
Black Dog...more on this one later!!!

This is 'Heart' at their best!!!

Don't know the exact title, but am watching a concert with James Taylor and Carole King on Palladia; great performance although the video/audio ain't too great. Will have to try to find this on video.
Kind've a bittersweet night right now. I think I've successfully ported over my new email to everyone that needs it; the conversion to TV/Intranetz from Comcast is essentially finished; I'll be yanking the modem and cable-box tomorrow morning and dropping them off at comcast during lunch tomorrow.
No more Palladia.
:|
But, an extra $150/month will probably buy a lot of concert disks, ya think? :banana-dance:

Back