• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Concert Video are you listening to?

:banana-dance: :banana-rock:

51TpqFVAlSL.jpg

This is a really great show! Meat's voice is the weakest link, but tolerable.

Aspen Miller the main backing vocalist is just smokin' hot!!

:music-rockout: :music-rockout:

I WISH this would come out on Blu Ray.........

517T8W49QPL.jpg

Sounds great in DTS 5.1..............................

Babs said:
We get a touch of Josh Groban as well!!!

still one of my favorite blu-rays/dvds. i play this constantly when i have visitors, and have three spare dvds that i have given out due to them liking the concert so much.

saw his concert live too, amazing performance. on the last part of 'i'll sing a song for you' he dropped the microphone, and started filling the whole concert hall with just his voice. amazing moment. shows projection like an opera singer would have done...

Evening with the dixie chicks

I havent had this much fun listening to a concert dvd since Dukes of september, and or similarly Allison Krauss.

This one was fun, some of the songs i am not familiar with, two or three, but the others, definitely shows they can perform live. great performances, for some reason preggy and playing the banjo is hot. =)

Zing said:
Oh fuck yeah!

51EAiDVdMPL._SY300_.jpg

PQ is outstanding!

SQ is great. Three choices: Stereo, Dolby Digital and DTS.

Performance: Too early to tell. We're only a few tracks into it. But so far, this is great!

Got my copy last Friday and listened yesterday................

This was just Great!

This guys are getting older, but still have it and yes, the PQ and AQ were great!

:music-rockout: :bow-blue: :music-rockout:

packshots.png

Oh yeah. :handgestures-thumbup:

I was going to recommend getting the DVD+CD set, rather than the Bluray+CD, because I'm not that impressed with the PQ on the Bluray. But...
1. My eyes are shot right now, bad day at work, and
2. The two sets are the same price on Amazon, right now. Might as well get the Bluray.

Glad the CDs came with it, I can see this parked in my car/truck for quite awhile ('cept that its motorcycle season now, No Toonz Four Ewe!) :happy-smileygiantred:

Oh. And Damn. I LIKE what that keyboardist is doing on his Nord Lead!!! :music-rockout:

^--- Yeah, IMHO Renato is the star of that show.

heeman said:
Botch said:
41RNGxas7lL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

This just came on on Palladia. I'm definitely getting the bluray; I've only seen the first tune but its great, and Sade (who I think is older than me) looks stunning! :banana-dance:

Botch, did you ever get this one? If you did, how is it? I am thinking about picking it up!

Watched this one last night....................Not the Greatest PQ, Not the Best AQ, However what a GREAT SHOW, really enjoyable!

SADE still has the groove and her band was not too shabby either............. :bow-blue: :bow-blue:

I have been a Rush Fan since high school (1976).

I watched part of their Clockwork Angels Tour on Palladia, which was cut back to about an hour or so and thought it was ok.

Recently purchase the Blu Ray and the concert is 3 hours. When it ended, I found myself in disbelief that 3 hours had past.

Other than the Audio not be Super Great, let me tell you that this is a great concert. It takes place in the American Airlines Center in Dallas, TX.

The set list is Great and so are all the effects. A string section joins them for the Clockwork Angels songs and add a very nice touch.

51nLYYFaBzL._SL500_SS75_.jpg

Set One
Subdivisions
The Big Money
Force Ten
Grand Designs
The Body Electric
Territories
The Analog Kid
Bravado
Where s My Thing?/ Here It Is! (drum solo)
Far Cry

Set Two
Caravan*
Clockwork Angels*
The Anarchist*
Carnies*
The Wreckers*
Headlong Flight*/ Drumbastica (drum solo)
Peke s Repose (guitar solo)/Halo Effect*
Seven Cities of Gold*
Wish Them Well*
The Garden*
Dreamline*
The Percussor (I) Binary Love Theme (II) Steambanger s Ball (drum solo)
Red Sector A*
YYZ*
The Spirit of Radio

Encore
Tom Sawyer

Bonus
Limelight (soundcheck filmed in Dallas)
Middletown Dreams (filmed in Phoenix)
The Pass (filmed in Phoenix)
Manhattan Project* (filmed in Phoenix)
*With the Clockwork Angels String Ensemble

I know it's not exactly concert video, but how many others are digging "Live from Daryl's House" on Palladia?

I know there are a few other Palladia fans.

Right now CeeLo Greene is on and even though I am not a fan of his, this is really good. First of all, Daryl Hall is amazing and he has had some really good guests.

I LIKE IT!!!

Randy said:
I know it's not exactly concert video, but how many others are digging "Live from Daryl's House" on Palladia?

I know there are a few other Palladia fans.

Right now CeeLo Greene is on and even though I am not a fan of his, this is really good. First of all, Daryl Hall is amazing and he has had some really good guests.

I LIKE IT!!!
That will be one thing I miss from Comcast. :|

Botch said:
packshots.png

Oh yeah. :handgestures-thumbup:

I was going to recommend getting the DVD+CD set, rather than the Bluray+CD, because I'm not that impressed with the PQ on the Bluray. But...
1. My eyes are shot right now, bad day at work, and
2. The two sets are the same price on Amazon, right now. Might as well get the Bluray.

Glad the CDs came with it, I can see this parked in my car/truck for quite awhile ('cept that its motorcycle season now, No Toonz Four Ewe!) :happy-smileygiantred:

Oh. And Damn. I LIKE what that keyboardist is doing on his Nord Lead!!! :music-rockout:

Watched the Blu Ray last night..................

I really like this one! The musicianship is great and the 5.1 DTS Master is great!

Yea Baby!!

Metallica_-_Live_Shit_Binge__Purge_1992_San_Diego.jpg

Metallica at their absolute best. Probably their best performance ever.

:music-rockout: :music-rockout: :music-rockout:

heeman said:
I really like this one! The musicianship is great and the 5.1 DTS Master is great!

Yea Baby!!

I've been watching/listening to this one from the day I got it; it is killer. :music-rockout:

lulimet said:
Metallica_-_Live_Shit_Binge__Purge_1992_San_Diego.jpg

Metallica at their absolute best. Probably their best performance ever.

:music-rockout: :music-rockout: :music-rockout:

Is that out on DVD?

I have it on VHS, but never watch it cuz it is well... VHS.

I didn't know they released that on DVD???

No, it was never released as a separate DVD here. That cover is most likely from an unauthorized release from overseas.
Here it is included in the Live Shit DVD/CD boxset.

p72254gpe88.jpg

I just cannot pick a favorite from this! :music-rockout:

Every artist..talented, inspiring & owning their talent!

Good to see as much as the original line-up as they can on this one. Audio could be much better, video is great. Watch the Behind The Scenes before the concert to get insight on the band and current state.

51hiNLIVfgL._SL500_SS75_.jpg

^ Can never get the sizes right on these....... :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

Back