• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Concert Video are you listening to?

^Damn, can't believe I haven't given that a spin in a while. Will have to try and find time for it this weekend...

Not a concert video per se, but during fundraising at PBS this month, tonight they're showing clips from a Burt Bacharach compilation. This music is considered corny by most today, but damn they wrote melodies back in those days! :music-listening: :handgestures-thumbup:

heeman said:
Botch said:
41RNGxas7lL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

This just came on on Palladia. I'm definitely getting the bluray; I've only seen the first tune but its great, and Sade (who I think is older than me) looks stunning! :banana-dance:

Botch, did you ever get this one? If you did, how is it? I am thinking about picking it up!

not botch either, and probably a couple of months too late, but i concur, great concert video, not as stunning as sade's lovers rock back then, but its paced better in my opinion. There were lull moments for ME in lovers rock.

Alison krauss, gosta play that one again too...

anyways, i also wanted to post that the dukes of september is coming out on blu-ray this coming tuesday.

preordered mine already. :happy-smileygiantred:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Dukes-Septemb ... B00HUQC442

Babs said:
61nkIIm0L9L._SY300_.jpg

I would recommend...

Crazy On You
Alone...awesome, just awesome!
Dog and Butterfly
Black Dog...more on this one later!!!

This is 'Heart' at their best!!!

Babs,

I absotively agree. This one is excellent. My favorite performance is Heart's cover of Led Zeppelin's Battle of Evermore.

One of th eguys at work is a huge Zephead and I showed it to him the other day and he said the same thing I said, that song was meant for Heart, they do it better than LZ.

Oh fuck yeah!

51EAiDVdMPL._SY300_.jpg

PQ is outstanding!

SQ is great. Three choices: Stereo, Dolby Digital and DTS.

Performance: Too early to tell. We're only a few tracks into it. But so far, this is great!

Zing said:
Oh fuck yeah!

51EAiDVdMPL._SY300_.jpg

PQ is outstanding!

Performance: Too early to tell. We're only a few tracks into it. But so far, this is great!

likewise, the pq is definitely outstanding,

i wish tho that the vocals were a weeeeee teeny bit louder, at times i strained myself listening to them sing. primarily towards micheal mcdonald. felt that somehow, hes having a hard time hitting his higher notes etc. instruments are amazing tho, great great set.

big big embarrassing confession - i dont know donald fagen. i know the jazz track that was featured on amazon.com, but not too familiar with steely dan.

LFE was balanced, well balanced actually, no overwhelming thuds here or there, perfect for jazz enthusiast. there are of course some overwhelming surround clapping but hey, whats a concert dvd or blu-ray without the aforementioned clap track.

definitely worth my investment. its rare i buy nowadays, but im glad i got this.

^ Man you guys didn't waste anytime getting that one. Didn't just get released?

I was hoping that someone on hear gave it a good review.

Now this one is on my list..........

heeman said:
^ Man you guys didn't waste anytime getting that one. Didn't just get released?

I was hoping that someone on hear gave it a good review.

Now this one is on my list..........

i like listening to boz scaggs and mcdonald a lot, but im still learning about donald fagen. yes, i live under a rock when it comes to other genres. didnt know he was a part of steely dan.

the first track i heard was via amazon, and watched it over and over. it felt like the older 'style' of jazz im used to, similar in a way to bobby caldwells older heart of mine album.

it also has somewhat of a georgian jazz element to it, so i appreciated boz scaggs vocals a lot. like he was built for this. guitar skills too!

its a great concert, aside from a little more push for the vocal channels to be a bit louder, im all for it. its a great concert reminiscent of older concerts. well balanced, no big fireworks or glamour, its all about the music.

The Dukes of September is on its way to me now.

My most recent favorite is Sully Erna The CD and the Palladion one hour show was good.

The 90 min concert tops them all.

$_12.JPG

Randy said:
Babs said:
61nkIIm0L9L._SY300_.jpg

I would recommend...

Crazy On You
Alone...awesome, just awesome!
Dog and Butterfly
Black Dog...more on this one later!!!

This is 'Heart' at their best!!!

Babs,

I absotively agree. This one is excellent. My favorite performance is Heart's cover of Led Zeppelin's Battle of Evermore.

One of th eguys at work is a huge Zephead and I showed it to him the other day and he said the same thing I said, that song was meant for Heart, they do it better than LZ.

Thanks Randy! The ladies of Heart are just incredible artists & musicians! And...they have been around A LONG time!

Heart is and has been one of my favorite bands of all times........................

I have this one of VHS and DVD. It is not out on BR. It is all acoustic and AMAZING.

Let me know if you guys and 1 girl are familiar with it!

The Road Home

414YK2VG3ZL._AA160_.jpg

Zing said:
Oh fuck yeah!

51EAiDVdMPL._SY300_.jpg

PQ is outstanding!

Enjoyed this!

Especially Donald Fagan. I have listened to a lot of his music over the years, it was enjoyable to match a face to the voice & the some of his music. So very talented!

Michael is just awesome to me always! :music-rockout:

Boz, I never really liked, until about 6 months ago. Now I really appreciate his talent & longevity with music.

was wondering about this earlier, gave it a second listen,

heres the list by the way,

Listing of Musical Performances:
People Get Up and Drive Your Funky Soul
Whos That Lady? - wierdly enough, this was one of my favorite isley brothers songs. greatly done tho.
Sweet Soul Music
I Keep Forgettin
Kid Charlegmagne - i LLLOOOOOVED THIS ONE...
The Same Thing
Miss Sun - this one too.... so flirty but in a good way.
You Can Never Tell - oh my god, this one was a great big hit for me.
What A Fool Believes
Hey Nineteen
Love T.K.O. - this was one of those great times to listen to 2 channel setups.
Peg
Lowdown
Takin It To The Streets
Reelin In The Years
Lido Shuffle
Pretzel Logic
Them Changes

there were a couple i really really liked, sorry im heading to bed soon but would like your opinions on some of the songs.

i asked heeman, since he mentioned steely dan was his favorite band, where i should start. i dont have a big collection, and quite frankly, been picky on buying cds recently. but do you have a particular album i should listen to?

i didnt know that donald fagan had severe stage fright at one point. sad to hear, but also great to see he has overcome it.

there was so much of a mix here, its an amazing concert. i only complained twice about how low the voice levels were, but after getting over it, man, this one shines.

i say buy it folks. i did want to buy it intentionally for mcdonald, but boz and donald stole the show!

(oh, and the guitarist... he did a couple of other concerts, i think eagles recently was the one i can remember. i think. )

Babs said:
Especially Donald Fagan. I have listened to a lot of his music over the years, it was enjoyable to match a face to the voice & the some of his music. So very talented!

Did you know Michael McDonald got his start as a keyboardist/backup vocalist in Steely Dan? You can hear his distinctive timbre/vibrato very prominently on the album version of Peg.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LI7NDDQLvbo[/youtube]

:music-listening:

i always thought he started as a doobie brother?

interesting, learn something new everyday eh..

thanks botch!

Caught Dropkick Murphys on Palladia the other night and it was pretty good. I would like to see that one again.

Botch said:
Babs said:

Did you know Michael McDonald got his start as a keyboardist/backup vocalist in Steely Dan? You can hear his distinctive timbre/vibrato very prominently on the album version of Peg.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LI7NDDQLvbo[/youtube]

:music-listening:

I enjoyed viewing this video. Nice share Botch! I do believe you are a huge Donald Fagan fan??

I noticed in the video they listed him as Mike McDonald (upper left corner), not Michael.

jomari said:
i always thought he started as a doobie brother?

interesting, learn something new everyday eh..

thanks botch!

He was "stolen" from Steely Dan by the Doobies.
As was Jeff "Skunk" Baxter (who went on to become an independent DOD expert, actually testifying before Congress several times).

Nice share Botch! I do believe you are a huge Donald Fagan fan??

Yes, DF/SD are my favorite. Incidently, Donald has a collection of his first three solo albums in Surround available for a reasonable $60 or so, highly recommended! :handgestures-thumbup:

Back