• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Concert Video are you listening to?

my sons been having a hard time sleeping recently, at 2 years old hes hitting 3am already.

anyways, tried this, and he passed out one night. bought it the next day,

ive owned most of his concerts, but this one is the one for ME to own aside from his first one. fair warning, there are small conversations here and there, but mostly a good show.

James%2BTaylor%2B-%2BOne%2BMan%2BBand.jpg

my sons been having a hard time sleeping recently, at 2 years old hes hitting 3am already.

ive owned most of his concerts, but this one is the one for ME to own aside from his first one. fair warning, there are small conversations here and there, but mostly a good show.

I think I would enjoy this a lot - ordered!

its great, the commentaries, the simplicity, the whole lot.

its a dvd, so dont expect mind blowing graphics.

but thats another beautiful thing about it. like film, the soft spot shows.... in my heart. :)

Watched this based on a rec in some other thread recently:

71S9uJCOiSL._SL1200_.jpg

Great concert! I'm not all that terribly familiar with all their music, mainly the radio hits from the later 80's when I was in high school. Talented group of musicians, but the one that stood out to me most in this particular concert was the bassist. Doing some cool stuff, and the bass was pretty high in the mix compared to some shows, so you could hear what he was up to in good detail.

^--- Oh and their Zeppelin covers were pretty fantastic too, I thought.

@jomari - really want to thank you for this! Watching it right now, REALLY enjoying it. He's a funny guy! Great musicianship.

im really glad you are enjoying this one. its one of those movies you put after doing the dishes, or just need a good reason to enjoy a good wine, or bucket of ice cream, or veggie.

all in all, its one of my favorite concert dvds right now. i am delighted to know you like it too.

I am sad we've lost the creative and engaging music this generation gave us. Today's bands are completely forgettable. I am not saying they are not fun to watch and entertaining, but do they suck you in anymore?

Currently jamming to Frank Zappa's "Does Humor Beling in Music?" concert video. Stunning talents in that band, and the music is interesting and challenging. I like that.

71sk9lEx-xL._SX342_.jpg

Ok @heeman I finally got around to watching this whole concert. The first time I tried (a few weeks ago) I was kinda distracted I think and I just couldn't get into it. But this time around I enjoyed it a lot more. I mean, his music is complex and thick and heavily electronic (the gadgetry on that stage was impressive in itself), but the music often has a deep darkness to it that I don't always enjoy. This is NOT "easy listening." But I appreciate his artistry. And man, the musicianship of the band is really outstanding here, especially the drummer (Craig Blundell). (IMHO Wilson himself is the least interesting, instrumentally, but his vocals are certainly good.)

Anyway, I'm glad I gave this concert another spin.

When the bass is taller than the bass player...

When the drummer is 50% a tiny Italian drummer for Frank Zappa and Missing Persons (Terry Bozzio)...

When the band rocks harder than most western bands...

If we ever go to war with Japan again, their army will be a bunch of 4 ft 11 in girls who will kick our asses.

Back