• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Concert Video are you listening to?

81jIanAQ5NL._SX342_.jpg

Zing agreed to watch this again! The incredible ‘Brian McKnight’ just ooooozes sex appeal!!! What a classy man!

For the record, I agreed to watch it because I like his music. Any sex appeal he may or may not have was not a factor in my decision.

Being NOT familar with this album and/or hearing any songs previously, this was awesome!!! I will need to by the CD.

Audio was kinda flat, Video has some issue, but what a great concert.

PaulyT, since you love Flying Colors......................this one is for you!!

202699_large.jpg

Preface:
Paul, just keep scrolling. There's nothing for you in this post.

A few weeks ago I pulled this off the shelf and gave it another spin. I say 'another' because it's several years old and I was sure I watched it when I bought it but that meant I would've had my Swan speakers at the time (I may have even had a smaller screen and an aging 720p PJ too) and I didn't recall whether I liked it or not, nor whether it sounded or looked good.

Almost immediately I was struck by how good it looked. The performance on a well-lit stage was completely captured in HD from all angles. Crisp. Clean. Bright. Punchy. I'll stop just short of calling it demo-worthy but I will go as far as to say it's definitely eye candy.

Nearly as quick, its superior sound quality became apparent. Its DTS-HD MA track is (also) crisp, clean, bright and punchy. But this time I will say the audio is demo-worthy.

The performance was, well, a performance. It's the Eagles. They're not exactly known for being a high energy show band. I suppose the set list could've been a bit better but the music was generally good.

Before it ended, I was questioning whether or not I actually did view this previously with older gear in my system. It was so good on so many levels, there's no reason I wouldn't have posted it here. I went back 12 pages in this thread and I could find no mention of it from anyone. So I'm mentioning it now. This disc rocks! It kicks ass! And you should watch it. I just watched it again last night. It's that good.

0349792563-eagles_farewell_1_tour_live_in_melbourne_blu-ray.jpg

Preface:

A few weeks ago I pulled this off the shelf and gave it another spin. I say 'another' because it's several years old and I was sure I watched it when I bought it but that meant I would've had my Swan speakers at the time (I may have even had a smaller screen and an aging 720p PJ too) and I didn't recall whether I liked it or not, nor whether it sounded or looked good.

Almost immediately I was struck by how good it looked. The performance on a well-lit stage was completely captured in HD from all angles. Crisp. Clean. Bright. Punchy. I'll stop just short of calling it demo-worthy but I will go as far as to say it's definitely eye candy.

Nearly as quick, its superior sound quality became apparent. Its DTS-HD MA track is (also) crisp, clean, bright and punchy. But this time I will say the audio is demo-worthy.

The performance was, well, a performance. It's the Eagles. They're not exactly known for being a high energy show band. I suppose the set list could've been a bit better but the music was generally good.

Before it ended, I was questioning whether or not I actually did view this previously with older gear in my system. It was so good on so many levels, there's no reason I wouldn't have posted it here. I went back 12 pages in this thread and I could find no mention of it from anyone. So I'm mentioning it now. This disc rocks! It kicks ass! And you should watch it. I just watched it again last night. It's that good.

This is the concert I had playing in my HT when Jerry visited last year........................

It is for sure Demo material.

I am pretty sure I have posted it here somewhere...........

If you ever make it to my place (I won't hold my breath), we will give it a spin. It will blow your mind!

Preface:

March 13, 2015, Babs posted that you guys watched this.............

:drinkingbeer:

?

I have the Hell Freezes Over concert (DVD only), but didn't know about this one...
But you commented that you didn't like it, didn't like the music and were disappointed Paul McCartney wasn't part of it. :p

But you commented that you didn't like it, didn't like the music and were disappointed Paul McCartney wasn't part of it. :p
Oh wow, I completely forgot about that. Ok I'm a jerk, I admit it.

01-273755.jpg

Just finished watching this one. And... I am completely blown away. My comment to Keith was "that was just about the most perfect concert video I've ever seen!" Everything about it was stellar: PQ, great filming from very close up (it's a smaller venue with a more intimate feel); SQ was studio quality (of course it helps to have heard it in an awesome HT!); and the musicianship... wow. I know her stuff well, I have all her albums, and she puts a different spin on a lot of the songs that I really liked. Overall the concert has a jazz ballad kinda feel to it, lots of stuff from her most recent album, and a style also like her very first.

I got more than a little emotional during "Nightingale."

If you're at all a fan of Norah, this is a must-have. I'm very excited about it right now (in case you couldn't tell), but I'd put it in the top three best video concerts I've seen. And I'm not sure I can think of a better one right now.

Last edited:
Not precisely a concert video in the usual sense. But very powerful! Really enjoyed this one too. Wasn't quite sure what to expect with it not being Pink Floyd, per se. But I liked the little autobiographical scenes of Waters, very moving.

roger-waters-the-wall-blu-ray-l_cover.jpg

Preface:

...The eagles farewell tour reviewed by Zing....

ive raved and raved about this disc numerous times, but i guess i didnt do it on the forum.

when we have visitors, i normally pull out this wanker, heck even when it was on DVD back then.

the only difference aside from PQ?

there are two disc.

so in between drinks you'd have to stand up, take a pisser and then insert the second disc.

still one of my favorite blu-rays. i have it in storage right now, and plan on purchasing yet another copy.

Back