• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Concert Video are you listening to?

Bob R

I thought there was a concert DVD thread but couldn't find it. These are about the only discs I buy, and they are getting harder to find.

So, last night is WAR. A very tight, multi rythmed group from the late 60's. They still sounded fine in 2007.

61tQXamcyTL.jpg

Track listing

1.The World is a Ghetto
2.Get Down
3.City Country City
4.Slippin' Into Darkness
5.Spill the Wine
6.Galaxy
7.All Day Music
8.Ballero
9.So
10.Gypsy Man
11.The Cisco Kid
12.Me And My Brother
13.Why Can't We Be Friends?
14.Low Rider (Medley)
15. Lowrider
16. Shotgun
17. Sunshine of Your Love
18. Iron Man
19.Gypsy Queen

recently watched my taylor swift dvd, not bad at all.

my favorite tho for the moment, which gets airplay almost every other day, is alison kraus...

Just got this tonight from the Man in the Brown Shorts, just released!

Santana-Greatest-Hits-Live-At-Montreux-2011-[Blu-ray].jpg

Pic is great! Performance is good, but I'm only about 1/3 of the way thru it (208 minutes! I'll finish it tomorrow night). Mix, so far, is really f*cked up; certain instruments jump to the forefront, then disappear, and everything is bouncing all around, volume-wise. One guest musician is Carlos' wife, one HELL of a drummer, and I feel I've seen her before in another band (Lennie Kravitz? Sheila E? I'll do some digging tomorrow).

My favorite Santana video is Sacred Fire, recorded over ten years ago. I don't know yet if this'll equal it, but its a long video and I have some digesting to do. Still, 208 minutes of Santana, on bluray; oh yeah! :bow-blue: :bow-blue: :bow-blue:

Botch said:
one HELL of a drummer,

Okay, I just finished watching her solo. Her duet with the bass player killed, but her solo was, meh.... :|

Mark_Knopfler_%26_Emmylou_Harris_-_Real_Live_Roadrunning.jpg

I've been a Knopfler fan since Sultans, and only recently (as in, last week) got into Emmylou. Luvin this much! :banana-dance:

Yeah that and her Roses in the Snow album are what drew me into Emmylou... now I've got 8 of her albums.

I watched this on my flights to and from Spain on my recent trip. I loved it so much, I ended up watching it twice. The video is merely "okay", sound quality is pretty "good", entertainment skills of the performers is "average to low", but the music they are playing - OMG!!! This is the most creative and brilliant band I have heard in decades. It is most adventurous stuff I've heard since Frank Zappa and pushes the envelopes of writing and performing. WOW!!!

Just note, the image on the cover is not from the performance at all. The performance is in a much less interesting club and the stage presence is pretty poor.

it isn't for everyone, though. If you don't love Zappa's instrumental music and Miles Davis and John Coltrane's more adventurous stuff, you probably won't get into it.

516yxetWUmL.jpg

dream-theater-dream-theater-score-20th-anniversary-world-tour-live-with-the-octavarium-orchestra(movie).jpg

A great show, with an incredible climax at the end of "Octavarium"...

Which was ruined by a mechanical disaster, to be outlined in another thread. :angry-banghead:

It's good, and it's different. It's more like his regular live shows, at least based on the one I went to a year ago. Joe maybe doesn't have quite the energy that he did @ RAH, but it's hard to say for certain as I've watched RAH many times and this one only once so I'm kinda biased by the comparison. Overall I think I might like the song selection in Beacon better. SQ is good, all parts coming in clearly (esp. the bass), a good live-sounding mix. PQ definitely an improvement in Beacon.

I'm hesitant to say much more, because I know people are very tired of me going on and on about Joe, so I'll leave it at that.

PaulyT said:
It's good, and it's different. It's more like his regular live shows, at least based on the one I went to a year ago. Joe maybe doesn't have quite the energy that he did @ RAH, but it's hard to say for certain as I've watched RAH many times and this one only once so I'm kinda biased by the comparison. Overall I think I might like the song selection in Beacon better. SQ is good, all parts coming in clearly (esp. the bass), a good live-sounding mix. PQ definitely an improvement in Beacon.

I'm hesitant to say much more, because I know people are very tired of me going on and on about Joe, so I'll leave it at that.

I hope that you will bring it to John's GTG?

ID7122HJBD.jpg

I'm not a big fan of Tom Petty's voice, but he's a crackerjack songwriter and the Heartbreakers are probably the best R-n-R band on the planet. This is a great Bluray so far; great sound and mix, panning is great, and picture is very good (the color seems to be especially good here). I can't see on the label the date this was filmed; Howie's not there (Ron Blair, the original bass player is) and Stan isn't on drums). Benmont's still actually playing a Yammie DX-7 so I'm guessing late 80's/early 90's.
The show just hit the second half, I'll have more to post tomorrow. Good stuff!

510-uN%2BvNAL.jpg

So I double dipped and bought this one on Blu ray.

This is probably on of my all time favorites!

:bow-blue: :bow-blue: :bow-blue: :bow-blue:

Back