• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Concert Video are you listening to?

GeorgeStraitFortheLastT412_f.jpg

its not in high def but who cares!?!?

it was an awesome concert.

PaulyT said:
Followed that up with a natural segue into this (though I have only the DVD, might have to upgrade to BD...) :

51fGP9B70kL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I've also owned this one for a while, having seen part of it at Bat's GTG probably ~two years ago. I got it mainly because of the very first song, Bartender. Finally got around to watching the rest of the concert - >2.5 hrs! - as well as the ~40 min. "documentary" feature. Great show overall, lotsa good music. But Bartender is still the one that does it most for me, that's just an amazing performance.

Ok I double-dipped, just got the BD. Listened/watched a bit yesterday, and the PQ and SQ are really excellent. I think this is the first BD I've got that delivers 96kHz DTS-MA surround sound, nothing else I remember has such a high sampling rate. Now whether that actually translates into an audible difference I don't know, I haven't done detailed comparison between that and, say, the DD5.1 from the DVD. All I can say it sounds nice and lights up the DTS-MA indicator on my pre/pro. :laughing:

Still, great concert. The tonality these guys get out of just two guitars is really impressive. Good recording that totally fills the room in a concert hall style.

i really really want to dig this, but im not much of a dave matthews band. it feels like zac brown to me in a way, which isnt a good thing. i kinda had radio overplay on them, despite Crash into me is my theme song for the 90's...

i recorded it on my DVR and hope to catch a glimpse of it later on, so i can at least see what im missing.

Thanks for the heads up Pauly, i have to get that on my wishlist again.

Jomari, this one's not the band, it's just Dave and Tim - two guitars (and piano on one song), and one voice. That's it.

61p6eikXTRL.jpg

This one is coming to Bats!!!

Wonderful Audio Mix, sound candy..................

Beyonce-Knowles-I-AmYours-486897.jpg

I was watching something good on Palladia when the phone rang, and this concert came on during the call; I left it on.
I don't know anything about Beyonce, but she's a hell of singer, pretty, and a body that could stop a Mac truck, yowza. Her entire band here (and its a big one) are all female, and quite good-looking specimens at that! The costume changes keep trending towards less, and I'll probably watch the entire show for research purposes exclusively.
I'll report back on my findings. :ugeek:

HitManDavidFosterAndFriends_75993999563_500.jpg

Was wondering what disks would be good for me and my visiting Mom to watch together. This was pretty good.

Until the song "Wrap your chocolate legs around me" came on... :doh:

Botch said:
Until the song "Wrap your chocolate legs around me" came on... :doh:
:laughing-lettersrofl:

That concert is my go-to show-off reference disc, followed closely by Hit Man Returns. The end of Groban's "You Lift Me Up" (when the choir appears) is one of my best subwoofer demos. And the Groban/McKnight duet of "Bridge Over Troubled Water" is one of my favorite performances.

41c7Y0vhL-L.jpg

I finally had a chance to watch this in it's entirety..............Thanks Botch for recommending this one!

The musicianship and ability to play live like this is amazing!!!! :bow-blue: :music-rockout: :bow-blue:

Dream Theater is playing the new Austin City Limits music venue tonight. I wanted to go... wife hates prog rock. Couldn't handle going alone.

MV5BMjAwOTUxNTkxOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTEwNzMyMQ@@._V1._SY317_CR6,0,214,317_.jpg

I'm surprised, my Mom picked this one out to watch (think its because it had Neil Diamond on it :angelic-green: ).

51c5U7hKQjL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I first saw Soulive on a whim in Salt Lake City a few years back, in a great outdoor show. They're a three-piece funk-rock-jazz instrumental group; drummer, guitarist and keyboardist (bass duties are covered by the keyboardist, and he doesn't kick the Hammond footboard, but instead has a MONSTER left hand!)
They were supposed to have a live DVD coming out a couple years ago, which I'd pre-ordered on Amazon. It was delayed a couple times, then my order was cancelled, and I kinda forgot about them. Suddenly, this disk shows up, "BowLive". I expected some concert in a "Brooklyn Bowl", but it turns out the "Brooklyn Bowl" is a bowling alley :doh: with a rather elaborate stage! They played and filmed their shows, every night for the first two weeks, with lotsa guest stars.
Diggin' this so far! :music-rockout: :music-rockout: :music-rockout:

Phil_Collins_Live_in_Montreux.jpg

First concert I've ever watched that started out with a drum solo; Phil, then Phil & Chester, then Phil & Chester & the percussionist. Audio so far is stunning! :handgestures-thumbup:

I moved/alphabetized my video collection about three weeks ago, and found about six disks that I could turn into BestBuy and get $5 off new disks. I took in three to begin with (LOTR trilogy, which I now have on BD) and picked up Clash of the Titans, Batman Begins, and this disk. The $5 off doesn't apply to music disks :angry-cussingblack: so I had to pay full price for this one (still worth it at $17) but I doubt I'll be able to find four more movies that are worth buying @ $5 off (I'm just not that into movies).

Oh, cool, Gerald Albright is on alto! :eusa-clap: :eusa-clap:

Back