• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

Deepwater Horizon. This one hits closer to home. I was working in the oil and gas industry at the time. I knew people who worked for all partiesimages (7).jpeg

^^They have a newer ride at Universal Orlando based on Kong Skull Island. Ride is pretty cool, including one of the biggest animatronic animals I've ever seen. I wish they had ponied up the money and had John C Reilly's character be a part of it.

Went to see the noon hour showing with my son and daughter. We all give it an enthusiastic two thumbs up!!

266130R1.jpg

Everyone I know that has seen it says the same.
I think personally Tom Cruise may be a little wacky doodles, but man oh man this is an awesome flick. The fact that he does a lot of his own stunts (google his broken ankle), including flying the helicopter in a pivotal scene...well...I have to give him his props!!

Ready Player One. I was pleasantly surprised on this one. The pop culture references were during my childhood so I got most of it. Not a gamer myself but still entertaining.

And clearly Ben Mendelsohn is going to be a bad guy in all of his movies

images (8).jpeg

The Belko Experiment

the-belko-experiment-2.jpg

One of the most brutal movies I have ever seen. Definitely not for children or the weak of heart.

Gen and I watched the digitally remastered version of the 1940 release of Gaslight - a British psychological drama / thriller - which is far superior to the 1944 MGM remake.

Gaslight_1940_poster.png

Loved the sets / staging. Great acting by the leads and supporting cast.

Jeff

Are you saying it wasn't that good..............
It was enjoyable. It wasn't really anything like the first two though. I think they tried to make it more of a comedy.

If, after watching it, you say it's a fantastic movie, I won't be surprised. And if you say you're terribly disappointed it, I won't be surprised.

Finally saw Justice League last night... it was better than i was expecting. It's not great and not as good as the Marvel stuff IMO, but still worth a watch.

Blind bought Ready Player One the other day on 4K, and it was well worth the purchase of a 4K disk, at least visually. After watching for about a half an hour, I thought to myself that they kind of ripped off Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Golden Ticket/Keys, Eccentric creator with crazy hair, one who wins gets control of the Chocolate Factory/Oasis. That left me a little surprised coming from Spielberg. But overall, I liked the movie. It was entertaining, sounded and looked great and ended as you would expect it to. One thing I didn't care for, was Ben Mendolson's voice. It almost sounded like somebody trying to fake a New Jersey accent. Would have much rather have him used his own voice.

Back