• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

I Kill Giants

p14791288_v_v8_aa.jpg

It was new on Amazon Prime, so I thought I'd give it a try knowing that it wasn't well received... yeah, all the complaints I read were all true. Which is a bummer, because I was hoping for more..
51AC0yPrw4L._SX342_.jpg

I should say, I am glad that I saw it, but once is enough for sure.

Valerian and the city of a thousand planets.

We watched it last night and thought it was fun!

Lot's of eye and ear candy and thought that it moved right along.

I have never read any of the reviews, so I wasn't jaded at all.

We rented Game Night last night and just got done watching it a second time. I'd be so cool if you could upgrade an iTunes rental into a purchase because we'd probably do it for this movie.

91-SyCRK4fL._SX466_.jpg

We watched this over the weekend........

Crazy fun stuff!!

I rented this Solo: A Star Wars Story last night. I am sad to say I really didn't like this movie. The actor who played Han Solo wasn't good and the story was pretty weak. Now I know why Disney has slowed down things after this one

p14595356_v_v8_ac.jpg

I rented this Solo: A Star Wars Story last night. I am sad to say I really didn't like this movie. The actor who played Han Solo wasn't good and the story was pretty weak. Now I know why Disney has slowed down things after this one

View attachment 8287

I watched this last night or should I say tried to watch. Most of the movie was cinema graphically so dark it distracted from me ever really getting into the movie. I thought maybe it was me or my player or my TV but went online and found a slew of people complaining about the same thing. When it was released there were many complaints to theaters aa\nd some even thought there was something wrong with their projectors.

Don't movie makers realize people want to be able to at least see the movie?

^^We saw it at the movies and don't remember it being overly dark while watching it. Wonder what they have done to make it so dark for the home release. I almost picked it up yesterday on 4K. I didn't hate the movie, although casting would have made a big improvement, but overall I found the movie entertaining. I'll probably just rent it on Redbox when it comes out.

I watched this last night or should I say tried to watch. Most of the movie was cinema graphically so dark it distracted from me ever really getting into the movie. I thought maybe it was me or my player or my TV but went online and found a slew of people complaining about the same thing. When it was released there were many complaints to theaters aa\nd some even thought there was something wrong with their projectors.

Don't movie makers realize people want to be able to at least see the movie?
I rented it and it didn't seem that way. Perhaps they cleaned it up based on response. At the end of the day I didn't like it much

The grandson stayed the night this past weekend, so at my suggestion, we watched Polar Express. He's 4 years old, so really starting to get into holidays like Christmas, and it was fun to watch it with him.

Venom. So so. Lean towards not good. But there are 2 Stingers after the movie
MV5BNzAwNzUzNjY4MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTQ5MzM0NjM@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Last edited:
It’s “RockTober”! And also the time (at least for me) to watch creepy, scary flicks.

So, I took a little down time today and watched this.

I have seen it before, but forgot how beautiful Kate Hudson is.

IMO, if you can make a role work with a movie such as this, and have it not be cheesy, press on!

skeletonkeythe.jpg

Danny's class had a special day at the movies this week, and parents were invited if they wanted to come, so we got to see the House with the Clock in it's wall. Overall, it was an ok movie, a little darker than what I expected, but it was entertaining. Being this was a special needs class, most of them really cracked up at some of the poo humor, and it was great going with his class.

Yesterday was an off Friday, but being that I have chest and head congestion and feel like I want to die...............

Barb and I hunkered down in the HT for 5 hours and watched this.............

MARS

51Me1EwE%2B0L.jpg

Relaxed in the theater last evening after our first day of re-grouping at home from our Texas trip, took in this...

c31419b8-7b61-4a51-94be-4853945ecf04.jpg

“Experience your second time like it’s the first time”.

Watched Ready Player One last night. I didn’t care much for it.

Ready Player One. I was pleasantly surprised on this one. The pop culture references were during my childhood so I got most of it. Not a gamer myself but still entertaining.

And clearly Ben Mendelsohn is going to be a bad guy in all of his movies

View attachment 8057

Back