1. Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
    Dismiss Notice

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Batman, Nov 26, 2010.

1. bmwuk

bmwuk Well-Known Member

It was good. Very clever. A lot I would call a bit over my kids' heads and some parts darker

2. Huey

Huey Well-Known Member Famous

Cool! We own the first one, which we liked, so probably will take the grandson to see this one as well.

3. bmwuk

bmwuk Well-Known Member

How old is he?

4. Huey

4 years old, but we will also take my son Danny who is 20.

bmwuk likes this.
  5. heeman

heeman Well-Known Member Famous

[​IMG]

OCEAN'S 8.....................MEH.

6. Towen7

Towen7 Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

I think “meh” is being generous. But you’re a generous kinda guy so spot on.

7. heeman

Sin City and Sin City A Dame To Kill For..............

I love these 2 movies!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. heeman

A Million Ways To Die in the West

Maybe a 7 out of 10...............

[​IMG]

9. Huey

Was there a sequel to Sin City?

I think you are being generous on a Million Ways. I'm usually a Seth fan, but that movie just seemed flat to some of the other stuff he has done.

10. Huey

Watched Alien Covenant yesterday after watching Prometheus last week, both 4K black Friday deals. I liked Prometheus more because it was more story than gore. I'm still a little confused on the time line. So David created the creatures we see in the first Alien movies? Is that right? We were created by the giants who in turn created a virus to wipe us out, but then David decides to take both of us out?

Also started watching Mowlgi on Netflix, which looked really interesting, although darker than I remember, but we didn't get a chance to finish it. It says HDR, but it never got better than 1080 for me.

11. mzpro5

mzpro5 Well-Known Member Famous

Huey

I am probably wrong but I thought the "aliens" were created by the giants to wipe "us" out, ie they were the virus. I'll have to go back and rewatch.

Regarding Mowgli, the movie has floated areoudn for a couple years but never got distribution until Netflix but because it ws considered too dark a story.. I have read severeal reviews that suggest it not be watdhed by young children.

12. Huey

I think they created a virus which could morph into something else, but it was David that perfected the creatures I believe. He said he had been waiting for something to finish the project, humans I'm guessing.

Mowgli definitely has darker tones, but looked very interesting. I see it was directed by Andy Serkis, the guy who played Gollum as well as bunch of other stuff.

13. heeman

Friends came over Saturday and we watched, Ready Player One and IT.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Xgm3 likes this.
  14. Huey

I wanted to know for sure, so I looked up the Wiki article on the movies, and they are both prequels to the 70's Alien movies. So the monster we see in the 70's movies is a creation of David's.

15. mzpro5

mzpro5 Well-Known Member Famous

ok.

16. TKoP

TKoP Well-Known Member

Had recorded this a while ago... i'm not even sure if it qualifies as meh...

[​IMG]

17. bmwuk

bmwuk Well-Known Member

51+CkK0MUKL._SX385_.jpg John Wick. Trying out 4k player more